Nintendo @ E3 2014 discussion thread

What are you most excited for at this E3 regarding Nintendo?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Nintendo's E3 is in exactly a week so I thought why not make a discussion/speculation thread about it. This will be about anything in regards to their E3 presence. Be it the Smash Bros Invitational,Smash Fest @ Best Buy,The Digital Event,or Nintendo Treehouse live @ E3.
Here are the exact schedules for everything:
Digital Event: 6/10/2014 9 AM PT
Nintendo Treehouse streams: Tuesday, June 10: 11:35 AM PT – 4:00 PM PT
Wednesday, June 11: 9:15 AM PT – 6:00 PM PT
Thursday, June 12: 9:30 AM PT – 5:00 PM PT
Smash Bros Invitational: 6/10/2014 4:00 PM PT
Smash Bros Smash Fest @ Best Buy: June 11th and June 14th across 50 Best Buys in USA or Canada.(You can find locations here:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/games-p...050002.c?id=pcmcat332400050002&DCMP=rdr122474)

Leading up to the event will be all kinds of speculation. Have fun discussing you guys =). Also, IS YOUR BODY READY?

It's a sad thing when all they bother doing for E3 is a lameish Smash tourney as it's their last attempt at a killer app to move Wii U sales and just go for a boring digital video...I mean yeah, E3 has lost some of its luster since from before, but still. No wonder why so many people like to claim Nintendo's dead when they're not even fighting, especially with their deep cash reserves they have more than enough money to throw at stuff to fix problems over staying the course.

It's a sad thing when all they bother doing for E3 is a lameish Smash tourney as it's their last attempt at a killer app to move Wii U sales and just go for a boring digital video...I mean yeah, E3 has lost some of its luster since from before, but still. No wonder why so many people like to claim Nintendo's dead when they're not even fighting, especially with their deep cash reserves they have more than enough money to throw at stuff to fix problems over staying the course.
true. There's nothing like the live E3 presentations on TV but I'd say this is better because this lures in all the Nintendo fans to watch so that way the entire audience is interested in the software. I do miss the live presentations though ;-;

Plus Zelda U reveal. Nuff said

After re-watching Nintendo's E3 Direct last year I realized some problems so let me analyze the direct itself
- Leading with Pokemon X and Y(GOOD)
- Super Mario 3D World reveal(BAD) DISCLAIMER: The game itself is very good but the reveal sucked cause it didn't feature anything that 3D Land didn't have(minus the cat suit)
- Mario Kart 8 reveal(GOOD)
- The Wonderful 101(GOOD)
- Montage of 3rd party games/eshop indie games(Not good nor bad imo)
- Wii Party U(BAD)
- The Wind Waker HD(BAD) DISCLAIMER: The game is very good but it just demonstrated the graphics and nothing else. Should've shown the new features :P)
- Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze reveal(BAD) DISCLAIMER: The game is good but it was a rather uninteresting reveal. Especially with all the hype generated about a new Retro Studios project
- Bayonetta 2(GOOD)
- X(GOOD) But not enough details about it
- Ending with Super Smash Bros(VERY GOOD) Is there any better way to end it?(With the exception of the Twilight Princess reveal 9 years ago)

Last edited:
SMTxFE is still the only non-Smash WiiU game I care about and we have heard literally nothing since it was announced over a year ago. Ignoring the fact that it was clearly announced before it should have been, any sort of progress update at all would be nice.

After re-watching Nintendo's E3 Direct last year I realized some problems so let me analyze the direct itself
- Leading with Pokemon X and Y(GOOD)
- Super Mario 3D World reveal(BAD) DISCLAIMER: The game itself is very good but the reveal sucked cause it didn't feature anything that 3D Land didn't have(minus the cat suit)
- Mario Kart 8 reveal(GOOD)
- The Wonderful 101(GOOD)
- Montage of 3rd party games/eshop indie games(Not good nor bad imo)
- Wii Party U(BAD)
- The Wind Waker HD(BAD) DISCLAIMER: The game is very good but it just demonstrated the graphics and nothing else. Should've shown the new features :P)
- Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze reveal(BAD) DISCLAIMER: The game is good but it was a rather uninteresting reveal. Especially with all the hype generated about a new Retro Studios project
- Bayonetta 2(GOOD)
- X(GOOD) But not enough details about it
- Ending with Super Smash Bros(VERY GOOD) Is there any better way to end it?(With the exception of the Twilight Princess reveal 9 years ago)
The problem you've missed, perhaps, is that virtually everything there can be prefixed "another fucking <appropriate franchise>".

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.
idgaf about anything other than Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright.

Oh and Xenoblade Chronicles.

Last edited:
Leaked Sonic Boom TV trailer. It's apparently suppose to not be made public and was hidden poorly. If the vid goes down and people are interested enough, I downloaded it and can upload it myself.

Ace Emerald

Cyclic, lunar, metamorphosing
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Am I the only one hyped for that Splatoons game? I mean don't get me wrong, ORAS trailer was great, still the game I want most. All the Smash Bros stuff was very cool and interesting, still looking forward to that game next. There were tons of cool game concepts and gameplay designs all around. But Splatoons has been called (rightly imo) "The game I didn't know I wanted." It's not based on an existing franchise, it's a fresh take on a very used style of game, but it looks like a blast. Cool, unique features for a shooter that look like they'll be fun to play, it just looks like a good time. I know at its heart, Nintendo is just a corporation after my money (fucking amiibos no thanks), but they keep releasing products that look fun and fresh, and with recent game, such as XY, they've really been catering to both competitive and casual players. This game looks like a nice blend, and if I'm any good I'd love to try to be competitive at it tbh.

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Splatoon is <3

Zelda, though.. where's my tech demo style zelda? WHERE

Fucking Nintendo and their false hopes >_>

Also, where's my metroid? where's my retro?

Still was overall pretty cool though. I'm just not as excited as I thought I would be about Zelda, simply because they chose the cartoonish look again. I don't mind it, but come on, WWHD just released and the last console Zelda was cartoonish too (and not up to standards), do we really need more? Twilight Princess did the series so well. Still genuinely excited though, and I'll buy a WiiU only along with ZeldaU.

Kirby and Yoshi I never liked, never will, didn't here either. It's cool for the fans, but not for me.

They didn't show anything from ORAS besides Kyogre and Groudon being badass. sadness :[

No Star Fox reveal? What were they thinking. (I know its officially announced, but still.)

Devil's Third exclusivity lol.

Bayonetta 1+2 was a neat surprise, well done ninty.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)