Staying away from popularity: Pokemon that you like that others don't and hate that everyone likes

Which one, out of the six Pokemon chosen, is your favorite?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lucario is popular as hell. Why else would it be in the new Smash Bros over a 6 gen Pokemon to promote the games or Kanto mon for nostalgia?

I feel like the Hoenn fossil 'mons get ignored too much. They both have interesting typing and decent stats. I love their designs as well. Thinking about it most of the fossils get ignored except Aerodactyl.

Lucario is popular as hell. Why else would it be in the new Smash Bros over a 6 gen Pokemon to promote the games or Kanto mon for nostalgia?
There actually is a pokemon from gen 6 (Greninja) and two from gen 1 (Pikachu and Charizard) also in the game.

I love everything about Roserade. I love the superhero thing. I love the killer sp atk. I love the moveset (sweet, sweet leaf storm). I love the fact that Smogon thinks that it's scarf set isn't worth jack shit, despite the fact that its surprise factor wrecks all sorts of top threats that think they're going to own it. (Night night Greninja). Modest Roserade has a 383 special attack and with a scarf and 200evs in speed, it outruns everything it needs to. And Anything switching into its STAB 130 base leaf storm is going to hurt to some extent, even with a 4x resist.

Roserade puts in a lot of work for me, C rating or no C rating.

ethan06

⋖(☼┆☼)⋗
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Dude, that's my gif :o

Anyways, I like Wormadam-S a lot, it's my third favourite Gen4 mon behind Spiritomb and Yanmega (which are also viewed unfavourably by a lot of people...). I actually ran one competitively in BW because dat typing, and Dark Gem Sucker Punch is actually capable of OHKOing a Latios... It was marvellous. Also echoing the support for Vanilluxe, I got a shiny Vanillite in the Frost Cavern the other day and it looks even cooler in purple.

Kecleon, that poor guy was the embarassment of Hoenn, nobody liked him apart from me. Blocked our way, had terrible stats apart from Sp. Def, bad abillity, no evolution, was kinda rare. Bad thankfully it got a buff in 6th gen and now people will hopefully remember. Let's hope that our cute chameleon gets a mega (:

I've always thought Arbok looked cool, just wished Gamefreak had buffed it's stats this gen so it could AT LEAST have base 100 Atk and/or Speed. Adding Dark typing would have been cool too.

Wailord always struck me as a pokemon that deserved better stats to match it's great design. Why doesn't it have better defenses? It's a huge whale, shouldn't be so easy to take down.

I've always thought Arbok looked cool, just wished Gamefreak had buffed it's stats this gen so it could AT LEAST have base 100 Atk and/or Speed. Adding Dark typing would have been cool too.

Wailord always struck me as a pokemon that deserved better stats to match it's great design. Why doesn't it have better defenses? It's a huge whale, shouldn't be so easy to take down.
Well, it does have ridiculously high HP...

Deal with it.
Emolga was actually my favorite Pokemon for a long time. I liked it due to how cute it was. It was also different from the other Pikachu clones at the time, because it was the only one with a 2nd typing.
I love Emolga for those reasons exactly. It was a Pikachu clone that wasn't the same as Pikachu.

It's also why I love Denenne and I even used one on my Y playthrough team. It may not have a special Fairy STAB (why, Game Freak, why?), but my little Rai-Chan did completely sweep Siebold and almost completely swept Drasna (can't remember what took out Dragalge). Plus it netted me an extra Leftovers thanks to Pickup.

Another unpopular opinion I have is that I think Flygon is cooler than Garchomp. Yeah, I said it. Now, I will admit that overall, Garchomp is much better competitively, but I just love Flygon's design.

I also have a strong fondness for Trubbish, who is cute for a trash bag. Garbodor I do think is ugly, but I don't hate on the concept.
Actually, in general, I love Generation V Pokémon. I think it is an underrated Generation at times.

Other Pokémon I like that few do:
Farfetch'd
Delibird
Dunsparce

On the other side, I've never liked Blaziken. I think it looks like it came from the 70's with its fiery bellbottoms.
And that's really the only thing I can think of that I don't really like that most people do.

Is hating almost all gen 5 Pokemon an unpopular opinion? It's the gen with the most hate for the designs and it's well deserved IMO.

Don't Like/Hate

When I was younger, I was annoyed that the final evolution of the beautiful Dragonair looked nothing like it. Hell, when I first saw it I thought it was meant to be an overweight Charizard in the anime. I don't hate it nearly as much now but it still annoys me.

Not one did I like Venusaur. Not when it was a Bulbasaur, not when it was a Mega-Venasaur. It's just hideous to me, and there are so many better looking Grass-types. Poison-types though ... meh.

Like/Love/Don't Hate

Mmmmm. And it's powerful. Well, in game anyway. And doesn't Freeze Dry + Water Pulse give it awesome coverage? Well I didn't transfer Vanilluxe so why not Weather Ball :P

I don't hate you Emboar. I actually think you're kinda cool. I still prefer Samurott and Snivy (but Lilligant is <3, so Serperior gets no love), but I never really liked Blaziken or Infernape anyway. Plus, you remind me of Rider from Fate/Zero, hence my nickname for you in White 2.

I'm sure there are more of both, but those four are the main ones I could think of off the top of my head.

Last edited:
Kecleon, that poor guy was the embarassment of Hoenn, nobody liked him apart from me. Blocked our way, had terrible stats apart from Sp. Def, bad abillity, no evolution, was kinda rare. Bad thankfully it got a buff in 6th gen and now people will hopefully remember. Let's hope that our cute chameleon gets a mega (:
If u like Keckleon, PMD is ur game ( it is one of the best Pokemon in RRS/BRS and the absolute best in T/D/S )
Good luck on recruiting it tho
For not being off-topic, i like Litwick.
Fuck pokedex entries, it is so cuuuuuuuuute!

AwesomeFennekin

Banned deucer.
Don't Like/Hate

When I was younger, I was annoyed that the final evolution of the beautiful Dragonair looked nothing like it. Hell, when I first saw it I thought it was meant to be an overweight Charizard in the anime. I don't hate it nearly as much now but it still annoys me.

Not one did I like Venusaur. Not when it was a Bulbasaur, not when it was a Mega-Venasaur. It's just hideous to me, and there are so many better looking Grass-types. Poison-types though ... meh.

Like/Love/Don't Hate

Mmmmm. And it's powerful. Well, in game anyway. And doesn't Freeze Dry + Water Pulse give it awesome coverage? Well I didn't transfer Vanilluxe so why not Weather Ball :P

I don't hate you Emboar. I actually think you're kinda cool. I still prefer Samurott and Snivy (but Lilligant is <3, so Serperior gets no love), but I never really liked Blaziken or Infernape anyway. Plus, you remind me of Rider from Fate/Zero, hence my nickname for you in White 2.

I'm sure there are more of both, but those four are the main ones I could think of off the top of my head.
Actually, isn't Venusaur not-so-popular?

EnGarde

Not Dead Yet
Is hating almost all gen 5 Pokemon an unpopular opinion? It's the gen with the most hate for the designs and it's well deserved IMO.
I was pretty bummed when the final form of oshawott looked so different from the 1st 2 (walked on 4 legs), so I'm with you there. There were a couple that looked really cool (like liepard), but they usually weren't worth using, sadly.

Whimsicott and Samurott are two of the pokaymans I like a lot but I seem to be alone, yo
People bash Samurott for the sole reason it looks so different from Oshawott, but that's what I like about it. I like evolution lines that have a lot of change in appearance.
Whimsicott is just cute and is annoying with Prankster Encore and Taunt. Not really a great 'mon, but can certainly ruin the day of some teams.

A popular pokémon (at least competitively), Rotom-W: I.HATE.THAT.THING. Seriously. It is both annoying (not annoying like Whimsicott; it's a kind of annoying I hate) AND ridiculous. Ugh, I can't stand that retarded washing machine.

Hyrulean: I've grown fond of Whimsicott as well ever since I used it in Black (incidentally, alongside a Samurott).

Also, if you hate Rotom-W, what're you're thoughts of Mega-Sceptile and it's ability to full-stop it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)