Sticky Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Status
Not open for further replies.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands

Nothing new for animals in these sorts of monster raising games to shoot off parts of their anatomy. I could of sworn I saw a gif of this somewhere, but I initially thought this was just a graphics issue, but now it really does seem like it shoot its tail off :|

Rotosect

Banned deucer.
Since Mega evolution was first discovered in Kalos (Origins isn't canon), do these remakes (and by extension, the original RSE) take place after XY?

Since Mega evolution was first discovered in Kalos (Origins isn't canon), do these remakes (and by extension, the original RSE) take place after XY?
Theoretically it would make sense, but the continuity isn't that important. In XY itself they refer to megastone as a misterious object nobody knows anything about, but in a town there's someone called literally the expert of megaevolution, which doesn't make any sense.

There are two separate Mega-Evolution stones named Mewtwonite for a Pokemon that was created genetically less than 100 years ago.

Continuity plz.

RASFA

Banned deucer.
here is some thing that does not make sense x and y first games that had megas no Pokemon games before them had them .Also the events of hoenn take place the same time but they are really an add on to make Pokemon more fun if lots of pokemon had megas. It wound not be very fun a new gen without some thing new like that. they are just a way of boosting weak Pokemon stats and a power up. steven stone was not studying megas in original games. But they existed in that time line but they did not exist in games before six gen because Nintendo had not made them yet but they are a add on. but also part of an add on story that does not matter much. sorry if you cannot under stand this but i read over it and i can under stand it

also blaziken is any one picking that this topic i mean a user that posted or is going to post here well im not cause i picked it in the original games i fell like picking swampert more now because his defs are high.

Last edited:
I doubt Mega Swampert will get much extra speed. Maybe an extra +10. Hopefully he gets like +40 attack and then the rest in his defenses. With Swift Swim he doesn't need much speed, though it would be a MUCH better ability in gen 5. Sceptile I'm not really sure if they will go with solely Special Attack or make him a mixed sweeper. His physical movepool is too nice to waste really.

I don't really want a mega Camerupt or Sharpedo. There are a lot of fan favorites like Milotic and Flygon I would rather get the boost. Maxie and Archie could just use Houndoom and Gyarados or something.

poke marts out side pokemon center
That seems pretty pointless. Sure it makes the remakes more authentic, but so would TMs not being reusable and there not being a physical special split. Function over form.

XY occur after RSE, concurrently with either BW or BW2 (can't remember which). This was recently confirmed by an official tweet (Masuda? Again, can't remember).

However, you have to remember that Kalos history talks about Xerneas and Yveltal appearing 3,000 years ago and irradiating Kalos, creating the mega stones.

It isn't too out there to think a similar thing took place in Hoenn using the energy and power of primal Groudon and Kyogre.

Rotosect said:
It's a common phenomena in real life that Human understanding of the world around us (once knowledge is easily spreadable) will progress forward regardless of who's making the leaps. Basically that because of what we (humans) collectively know what we will discover and invent in the next few years is inevitable. A good example that (kind of) relates to Pokemon is the fact that Charles Darwin conceived the idea of evolution at about the same time as 2 or 3 other scientist did give or take 5 to 10 years. This phenomena, which is called Multiple Discovery (and applies to inventing, not just discovering) basically says if you went back in time and killed Charles Darwin and all those other guys it wouldn't change the course of history all too much because some 4th or 5th guy with all the same knowledge and understanding as Darwin would have pieced Evolution together just a few years later anyway. Multiple Discovery frequently happens simultaneously and 2 or 3 scientist doing research independent of each other all discover the same thing at almost exactly the same time.

I don't see why multiple discovery can't apply to Mega evolution as well. Steven, Hoenn's resident expert on stones and their powers certainly seems like a strong candidate to discover the secrets of Mega evolution at more or less the same time people discovered it in Kalos independent of the people who did the research in Kalos. it even includes the actual multiple "inventing" part of the phenomena seeing as how people in Hoenn would have invented a separate but more or less similar item for holding key stones.

Der Richter said:
Theoretically it would make sense, but the continuity isn't that important. In XY itself they refer to megastone as a misterious object nobody knows anything about, but in a town there's someone called literally the expert of megaevolution, which doesn't make any sense.
It'll be interesting to see how much Steven knows at the start of the game about Mega stones. I think it would be most fun and coolest if you actually get to witness him and aid him in the discovery himself. Making it something he doesn't understand to start but then figures out.

Hoenn is the most "primitive" of Pokemon regions. It's the least civilized and the most.... "prehistoric feeling" with very turbulent geography including geological activity (volcanoes)and lush jungles. Even the legendaries (which now have ancient primal forms) battle for dominance of the land and sea which gives the whole region this very prehistoric "Pangaea" ever-shifting continent type feel. This environment and general feel of the games (is for 1 thing a huge factor in why gen III is my favorite gen but also) has always made it seem that Hoenn is the most... "unexplored", that humans still have a lot left to discover about their world, and that when you go out into the wilderness you are treading in places that no human has ever been or experienced (heck even the live action sequence of the trailer gives this feel) Anyway the point I'm making is.... given that their already IS a mega evolution expert in Kalos, if Steven is discovering Mega evolution on his own in this game, I think it stands to reason we could rule out multiple discovery anyways and that ORAS takes place before XY.

Last edited:
You definitely aren't. The ribbons, the level of fills on that dress, and especially the heart shaped gem haha. It just might be because the new Sailor Moon anime is coming out soon. And because the first pic of Mega Diance was in front of a giant moon. But I'm pretty sure even serebii said "looks like Sailor Moon" in the first announcement. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)