Sticky Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally looking at what gamefreak did to Mega Mawile, i'm fully expecting to see Mega Sableye be a defensive counterpart to Mega Mawile's insane offensive capabilities. Wonder Guard seems like a bit much from a balance perspective (although mega kanga and mega gengar happened), so instead i'd imagine that Sableye will get an ability similar in effect to Furfrou's Fur Coat, just with a different name. Gem Block? idk lol.

Either way, if Fur Coat is correct, i fully expect a stat spread like this.

50/115/95/65/105/50

thoughts?
hmm, well, idk, the stat spread is even on regular Sableye, I assume they'd keep that. But, this is a pretty cool spread!

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
This is very minor, but I like that they actually bothered with the refraction of light as it goes through the jewel.

It's also highly probable that Sableye's stone is Ruby exclusive (hence the giant Ruby...), but it would be cool if Sableye gets a giant Sapphire/blue eyes in AS.

Rotosect

Banned deucer.
I really, really doubt that Gamefreak would give Sableye Wonder Guard (assuming it keeps its type, and even then it's unlikely). I think that the very fact that they created Fairy-types shows that they care about balance at least a little bit, and they probably wouldn't destroy that balance now. Even with entry hazards and Toxic, there's a reason that Wonder Guard is only on a 1HP Pokémon.
Friendly reminder that this is the generation that introduced horrifying things such as Mega Gengar, Mega Kangaskhan, Mega Mewtwo X and Y, Xerneas, Thousand Arrows and Steam Eruption.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Assuming that new abilities can be added in some way, a Defense or Special Defense boosting ability would make a lot of sense thanks to the counterpart with Mawile. Stance Change is intriguing, but if I recall correctly that was coded specifically for Aegislash, meaning that it would require a similar update.
That's a very good point. Especially since Stance Change requires King's Shield to switch between defensive and offensive forms. Still, there's the small possibility that the ability will get an update. It's possible to do that between games, as long as the ability exists as a framework, its attributes can be temporarily changed in link battles (such as the accuracy of Hypnosis in Gen. IV - when a D/P cartridge battles a Platinum cartridge, Hypnosis' accuracy changes from 70 to 60). Then again, re-coding Stance Change would be a way more complex change than has ever been done before, so... yeah, thinking it through, Stance Change is unlikely.

Mega Sableye with an ability that halves all damage? It makes sense given Mega Mawile's ability, and it has shitty defenses anyway.

We also got screenshots of the Cave of Origin. I presume that is Steven standing there. One thing to note is that both cave paintings contain a meteor which looks strikingly similar to the Deoxys stone found on Birth Island...

Or the Delta symbol--which is a triangle. Iirc, there's a trademark for "Delta Emerald"...

This means only one thing.

guess what flew down upon the two raging beasts

There goes my hope of a regular evolution for my favorite little gem demon.

It didn't even change much. They could have made it creepier and more menacing (a la Dusknoir) but they just gave it a big gemstone and gave it a thumbs up.

Or they could have made some huge gem embedded in its back or its chest as if it could incorporate gems into its body somehow and utilize them as armor.

One of the creepiest and most unique Pokemon finally gets an evolution and it isn't even permanent.

There goes my hope of a regular evolution for my favorite little gem demon.

It didn't even change much. They could have made it creepier and more menacing (a la Dusknoir) but they just gave it a big gemstone and gave it a thumbs up.

Or they could have made some huge gem embedded in its back or its chest as if it could incorporate gems into its body somehow and utilize them as armor.

One of the creepiest and most unique Pokemon finally gets an evolution and it isn't even permanent.
>Eviolite Sableye

Ok.

The fact that Mega-Sabeleye hides behind a gem gives me the impression that it's going to be more defensive than usual.

With that in mind, where do you think the stats are going to go?
This is my guess
50/75/75/65/65/60-->50/110/110/70/110/40

We also got screenshots of the Cave of Origin. I presume that is Steven standing there. One thing to note is that both cave paintings contain a meteor which looks strikingly similar to the Deoxys stone found on Birth Island...

Bayeux Tapestry, 1066.

This reminds me of how comets, particularly Halley's comet were recorded in ancient paintings in events which occurred during the comets flew by.

This could be the instance that the Deoxys stone was observed crashing to the earth.

Ugh, not a fan of Mega Sableye, Prankster is enough for it. I swear if Milotic/Metagross don't get megas because they used them all up on Sableye...

Bit of an overreaction isn't it? Sableye is the only pokemon that has been shown to get a mega besides five others. I'm sure there will be at least 10 more.
I'm sure there will be more, but there's no guarantee they'll be hoenn pokemon since so many mega evolutions overall are from gen 3. I could easily see them going to other gens (5 especially).

One little thing about Sableye.
Speed mechanics mean prankster still works on turn of evolution. So prankster will-o-wisp/thunder wave then proceed to destroy the opponent with possibly boosted offences.
UU's gonna die overnight

Ugh, not a fan of Mega Sableye, Prankster is enough for it. I swear if Milotic/Metagross don't get megas because they used them all up on Sableye...
I don't like it either but for a different reason. I don't like the idea of giving every pokemon that needs a boost a mega evolution. It's so frustrating to GF giving them out to so many pokemon. Megas should be for pokemon that have reached their limit but still need a boost such as Flygon. Standard evolutions should go to those who need them. Single stage pokemon like Sableye. Giving megas to every weak (or even strong) pokemon out there just means that players will pass them up to have a better mega on their team. Who's going to use Mega Banette when they can use Mega Khangaskhan?

EnGarde

Not Dead Yet
I don't like it either but for a different reason. I don't like the idea of giving every pokemon that needs a boost a mega evolution. It's so frustrating to GF giving them out to so many pokemon. Megas should be for pokemon that have reached their limit but still need a boost such as Flygon. Standard evolutions should go to those who need them. Single stage pokemon like Sableye. Giving megas to every weak (or even strong) pokemon out there just means that players will pass them up to have a better mega on their team. Who's going to use Mega Banette when they can use Mega Khangaskhan?
I thought the whole point of mega evolutions was to give them to pokemon that are "popular" (like charizard, which got 2).

It's been a while since I chose the grass starter, but I think in this game sceptile's looking mighty tempting. :)

Am i the only one who thinks that the giant ruby on mega Sableye can mean Magic Guard??
That is quite possible and one of the only logical existing abilities. However, it would need some major stat buffs to compensate for the loss of Prankster, which is Sableye's main selling point.

EnGarde

Not Dead Yet
That is quite possible and one of the only logical existing abilities. However, it would need some major stat buffs to compensate for the loss of Prankster, which is Sableye's main selling point.
That's if they care about making sableye usable. Poor mega garchomp lost its 102 base speed and got an ability that suffered under the weather nerf. :(

Maybe a huge defensive buff with the immunity to status provided by magic guard can somewhat alleviate this issue. By the way, aside from competitive, i think that magic guard fits for the giant ruby and the fact that this ability was given to some "mystical" mons like Sigilyph and Alakazam and in virtue of its typing and design also Sableye looks very mystical.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)