2013/2014 Soccer/Football Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Imanalt

I'm the coolest girl you'll ever meet
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
zonal marking in general is superb, whatever he's writing, and i actually thought the previews ive read so far (the first half) were below his usual quality, so its definitely worth continuing to read his stuff.

On to fantasy stuff, I like both of the spain center backs, but in general prefer fullbacks for my defenders as they tend to get more assists and so are higher pointing.... so p much i like brazils options since they have a very easy group, as well as argentina's. (i have alves, zabaleta, caceres, and sagna atm) I would post my team but im still tweaking it some so ill probably post thursday morning...

HBK

Subtlety is my middle name
Podolski is an average player with a good left foot but he is world class for Germany lol. what about muller?
Schurrle isn't exactly world class either but I'd pick him over Podolski any day simply because he works harder and has a better weak foot. Muller is definitely going to be a starter. Is Pogba a safe bet though? I picked him but I'm having second thoughts. He had a really good season but Cabaye and Matuidi might still get the nod over him.

destinyunknown

Banned deucer.
Schurrle isn't exactly world class either but I'd pick him over Podolski any day simply because he works harder and has a better weak foot. Muller is definitely going to be a starter. Is Pogba a safe bet though? I picked him but I'm having second thoughts. He had a really good season but Cabaye and Matuidi might still get the nod over him.
Pogba played 90 minutes in both playoff games vs Ukraine and has been in the main lineup in all the preparation matches. Will be a starter for sure, but I don't know if he performs for France as well as for Juventus.

HBK

Subtlety is my middle name
upload_2014-6-11_11-38-53.png

Switched him out anyway so that I could pick Iniesta. Cabaye is value for money and Iniesta is, well, Iniesta.

destinyunknown

Banned deucer.
To say Brazil and Spain play the most beautiful football at the moment is very shortsighted...

The funniest (?? maybe not actually funny) thing of the poll is ''team you're rooting against'', Brazilians voted Brazil as 2nd answer and USA voted USA... France is understandable, and South Korea and Japan is probably normal too since they usually suck at english

I wonder if people actually knew what they were voting (I bet most didn't), or if they are actually just trolls lol

Sapientia

Wir knutschen
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
who the fuck did they ask that we are rooting against honduras and iran lol
Would have expected spain, italy or even germany there

Argentina still bitter over some islands full of sheep :/

Honduras? England played them in a Friendly.. I say Friendly....

and http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27798163
seriously City complain about needing to register 8 HG players... so get it reduced to 5. perhaps they should play thier English players, instead of using thier funds to buy a worlds allstar XI

Last edited:

Imanalt

I'm the coolest girl you'll ever meet
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
To be fair the american numbers were odd... if you hover over in the initial article you got percents... everyone had 40% agreement on who they thought would win, whereas the us had ~10%.

Then again there is a lot of the media here saying klinsmann should be fired for saying we wouldn't win the world cup so...........

I assume the people saying theyre rooting against us are salty that donovan got left off, and figure if we do badly klinsmann will get fired

Soul Fly

IMMA TEACH YOU WHAT SPLASHIN' MEANS
is a Contributor Alumnus
LOL USA. They were probably thinking when did other countries started playing (American) Football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)