Bug Reports v2.0 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sky Drop naturally does not do damage to Flying Type pokemon. However to act as a workaround for this I attempted to use Trick on a Flying Type to ground it.
However this did not work and Sky Drop ended up to be ineffective.
If Iron Ball causes a flying pokemon to be grounded, shouldn't Sky Drop be able to hit those pokemon?
Replay: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-130027196 (The problem in question starts on Turn 26 until 29)

I have already looked on veekun for information about how Iron Ball effects Sky Drop and vice versa; there is no information on it.
However, even though quoted as a unreliable source, Bulbapedia appears to have information on it.
Sky Drop does no damage to Flying-type Pokémon, however it will still pick them up (making them unable to move) on its first turn; if the capability to resist Ground-type moves is removed due to Smack Down or a held Iron Ball, the move will damage these Pokémon.
I don't have any way to confirm this information on my own so I'll post this as a potential bug.

Sky Drop naturally does not do damage to Flying Type pokemon. However to act as a workaround for this I attempted to use Trick on a Flying Type to ground it.
However this did not work and Sky Drop ended up to be ineffective.
If Iron Ball causes a flying pokemon to be grounded, shouldn't Sky Drop be able to hit those pokemon?
Replay: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-130027196 (The problem in question starts on Turn 26 until 29)

I have already looked on veekun for information about how Iron Ball effects Sky Drop and vice versa; there is no information on it.
However, even though quoted as a unreliable source, Bulbapedia appears to have information on it.

I don't have any way to confirm this information on my own so I'll post this as a potential bug.
Sky Drop fails if the opponent is holding iron ball.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
is a Pokemon Researcher
Knock Off still knocks off the opponents item even if it kills it, while this mechanic is absent in PS.

It's not huge, but its important for scouting items that might've not been revealed during the game. Seeing a Black Sludge or Scarf on a Gengar if it ends up switching into a Knock Off or something like that can make all the difference in guessing the rest of a team's composition.

EDIT: Fixed

Last edited by a moderator:

BPC

"Silence is the best answer to a stupid question"
There is a bug in randbats,Rotom-Fan has air balloon.

EDIT: Not a bug lmao

Crestfall

levitate, levitate, levitate, levitate
The 3 moves jolteon is a long standing and known issue. I'm sure if someone has extra time they can look into it and fix it, but I doubt its a super priority.

So in a doubles battle, my Tyranitar fainted the opponents Mega Gengar. The next turn, Shadow Tag is still in effect even though Mega Gengar has fainted.

I have encountered an issue using Ally Switch in VGC'14 double battles. It is not my first time using Ally Switch on Showdown (the move functioned fine earlier in the week), but in two battles today it has produced error reports. I have two replays, one (turns 8 and 9) and two (turn 6). It appears that though the simulator is performing the switch, it is encountering errors in switching over the sprites/names in the battle scene.

I have searched this thread for earlier bug reports regarding Ally Switch, and found that it could be related to an issue identified in this post from February.

EDIT: Fixed (Client issue)

Clear Body’s description says “cannot be lowered by another Pokémon”, but I switched Klinklang in on Sticky Web and it activated anyway, negating the speed drop. I don’t know which of the description or the Sticky Web mechanic is wrong.

Clear Body’s description says “cannot be lowered by another Pokémon”, but I switched Klinklang in on Sticky Web and it activated anyway, negating the speed drop. I don’t know which of the description or the Sticky Web mechanic is wrong.
The mechanic is correct.

Someone asked me about what happened in this battle, and I honestly don't know. I'm not sure if it's a bug exactly or just that the description of what happens is wrong, but on turn 7 it says the Delphox exchanged a choice scarf for another choice scarf when the Xatu had no item. Also, the Xatu didn't obtain a scarf at all because it was still able to switch moves after being switcheroo'd.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/tiershift-131080468

EDIT: Confirmed

It doesn't need to be changed because the description is correct - Sticky Web was not a direct attack from a Pokemon.
Which would then mean that Sticky Web can drop your stats. Do you have reading comprehension? The description specifically states “Prevents other Pokemon from lowering this Pokemon's stat stages.”, Sticky Web is not a direct move/ability/whatever from a Pokémon, so it shouldn’t be prevented. The description is wrong.

Which would then mean that Sticky Web can drop your stats. Do you have reading comprehension? The description specifically states “Prevents other Pokemon from lowering this Pokemon's stat stages.”, Sticky Web is not a direct move/ability/whatever from a Pokémon, so it shouldn’t be prevented. The description is wrong.
The description is correct. It does prevent other Pokemon from lowering this Pokemon's stat stages. There is no space for additional information such as Sticky Web.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)