XY LC The best defense is a good offense [Co-op RMT]

apt-get

it's not over 'til it's over
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
The best defense is a good offense: an LC RMT by Apt-get and Rowan

Rowan | Apt-Get

This is a pretty cool Hyper Offense team that me and Apt-Get made. It is based around the idea that using a combination of Sash Abra, Sturdy Magnemite, Scarf Scraggy and Fletchling, no sweeper will ever manage to sweep the team, due to carrying 4 Pokemon that all check a wide variety of Pokemon in the metagame. Misdreavus and Drilbur provide wallbreaking capabilities and hazard control.

It’s a difficult team to use without a bit of practice; you need to be aware of which Pokemon you need to keep around and which Pokemon are okay to sack when looking at the team preview, which requires a bit of metagame knowledge usually.

Hey! It's apt-get. This is a team Rowan and I built, looking to create a Hyper Offense team that would rely on strong pokémon, Focus Sash, and Defog to overwhelm the opponent. However, it turned quickly into HO. It's a great post-krow team that relies on utility pokémon like Sash Abra and SturdyJuice Magnemite to check most offensive threats, along with things like Fletchling and Scarf Scraggy to revenge kill frail attackers and prevent setup sweepers from running through this team. I hope you'll enjoy this RMT!

Drilbur @ Life Orb
Ability: Mold Breaker
Level: 5
EVs: 212 Spd / 236 Atk / 36 Def
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide

Drilbur is usually my lead, along with Misdreavus. It's a fairly standard Drilbur, except for one thing: I run Life Orb instead of Eviolite. You may ask me why: it's because Drilbur's job is to prevent the opponent from setting up Stealth Rock, and setup SR of my own. Life Orb allows me to KO both Dwebble and Onix, and nothing in the tier appreciate a Life Orb-boosted Earthquake. It does around 70% to Misdreavus, at which point it cna be picked off by Fletchling's Acrobatics. Rapid Spin is useful, but isn't used as much, since I won't let the opponent setup hazards.

Misdreavus @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 36 HP / 236 SAtk / 236 Spd
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Destiny Bond
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt

Surprisingly, Misdreavus is probably the weakest link of the team: however, it really helps, as it provides a fast Taunt, spinblocking, and strong attacks, along with Destiny Bond to beat scary threats like Porygon and Chinchou. Shadow Ball is a powerful, spammable STAB, while Thunderbolt is a reliable side move that KOes fletchling on the switch, which is neat. I don't really need HP fighting or Dazzling gleam, since I can just taunt Scraggy or DBond on Pawniard. Misdreavus just does its utility job.

Abra @ Focus Sash
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 240 SAtk / 200 Spd
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Dazzling Gleam
- Knock Off

Abra is really amazing in this meta: I don't get why people aren't using it more. It revenge kills basically anything, and can even wallbreak! This is a fairly standard set, except for one thing: Knock Off. I don't know why people don't run Knock Off, it's an amazing move that can be used on any wall switch-in: for example, you 2HKO Lickitung, Porygon, and Spritzee after you use it. HP fighting and Dazzling Gleam are here for pawniard, scraggy, and magnemite. Abra is the offensive utility pokémon of the team.

Magnemite @ Berry Juice
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 236 SAtk / 236 Spd
Timid Nature
- Recycle
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon
- Endure

Sturdy Magnemite is one of the most vital members on this team, being the only Pokemon that can check Flying Types and random things such as Shellder. Recycle is necessary as sometimes Magnemite has to check more than 1 threat in a match. It also helps to win stall wars against Porygon, and sometimes even Chinchou if it uses Hydro Pump instead of Scald. Flash Cannon is the most spammable STAB move. Volt Switch is a great move on this team, where switching isn’t easy. The best thing about this set though, is based af Endure. If your Sturdy is broken, this allows you to survive a hit to take you down to Berry Juice range, and then keep Sturdy, allowing you to check the opposing mon again. It also works wonders if you switch into a Fletchling or Archen that use Acrobatics, and you fear being KOed by an Overheat or an Earthquake next turn.

Scraggy @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 212 Spd / 236 Atk / 60 SDef
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Knock Off
- Drain Punch
- Poison Jab

Scraggy is very necessary on our team, providing us with the only Pokemon that can revenge kill Misdreavus at full health and the only Pokemon that can actually threaten Normal-types off the bat. It can take some prediction, and if you face an experienced player they can probably tell from team preview that you're using Scarf Scraggy. Moxie Scarf can often means that Scraggy can easily late game clean with High Jump Kick and its the Pokemon that cleans the most (for me anyway).
The moves are pretty obvious. Knock Off is obviously to revenge Missy and knocking off Eviolites. Mienfoo is the most important threat that we really need to Knock Off. After a Knock Off, Mienfoo is OHKOd by a +1 High Jump Kick and it also allows Fletchling to guarantee the OHKO with Acrobatics. Drain Punch is a reliable Fighting-type move if you don't want to risk the 90% or if the opponent has a Ghost-type. Poison Jab hits Cottonee and Spritzee switch-ins, but it's mostly filler as you can just switch to Mag.

Fletchling
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 116 SAtk / 196 Atk / 76 HP / 92 Def / 20 Spd
Naughty Nature
- Acrobatics
- Overheat
- U-turn
- Roost

Fletchling is our final check and the only thing that can revenge kill Fighting-types, and more specifically Scraggy, if Abra's sash has already been broken. Its also the only thing that can revenge Sleep Powder Chlorophyll sweepers. Its the best switch into Fighting-types and the HP and Defense EVs prevent Mienfoo from OHKOing it with Drain Punch and Pawniard from OHKOing it with Iron Head after Stealth Rock.
Overheat hits Mag on the switch and will OHKO after Stealth Rock damage. It also OHKOs Scarf Pawn, which can be sometimes difficult to switch into. U-turn, like Mag's Volt Switch, is extremely useful when you have a frail team that can't switch into things too well. Roost is mainly filler and is hardly ever used, but does have some uses if you want to keep it out of KO range from Priority.

Foongus is quite easy to deal with, once it has used Spore, but before then it is pretty annoying. Luckily it can only switch in on Drilbur and Scraggy as the rest deal with it easily.

Porygon is slightly annoying as, before Knock Off, Scraggy is the only one that can damage it, and most of the team hates Thunder Wave. Magnemite is the best switch-in and can usually stall it out and force it out once Flash Cannon drops its SpD.

Pawniard is quite difficult to switch into, but almost everything can revenge. Knock Off is annoying since Mag and Scraggy hate losing their items. Misdreavus can use Destiny Bond to deal with it, but Scarf Pawniard is very annoying.

Chinchou can be difficult to switch into, especially if it carries Scald. It can also switch in easily on Magnemite and Fletchling. Keeping up offensive pressure is easy enough though, and as always Misdreavus with Destiny Bond is very helpful.

Thanks for reading the RMT! Building this team was really fun, and it's really good in the current meta. We hope you appreciate it!

pj

is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus
World Defender
Hi
I would suggest to change the moves for Misdreavus
Misdreavus (M) @ leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
- energy ball

Shadow Ball: Good power, high accuracy, STAB, used to deal with Ghost types, decent chance to lower Sp. Def.

Thunderbolt: Good move which can kill most flying and water pokemons

calm mind: it makes it sp defence and spp attack increase which makes it Sweep even faster

Energy Ball:since you dont have move Grass moves and Good power, high accuracy, chance to lower Sp. Def like almost every move with a power range of 80-90 nowadays. Remember when almost every move was unique in it's ability, power, PP, and accuracy. Almost no move was the same in at least three ways. Now look at my moveset.

Rowan

The professor?
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hi
I would suggest to change the moves for Misdreavus
Misdreavus (M) @ leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
- energy ball

Shadow Ball: Good power, high accuracy, STAB, used to deal with Ghost types, decent chance to lower Sp. Def.

Thunderbolt: Good move which can kill most flying and water pokemons

calm mind: it makes it sp defence and spp attack increase which makes it Sweep even faster

Energy Ball:since you dont have move Grass moves and Good power, high accuracy, chance to lower Sp. Def like almost every move with a power range of 80-90 nowadays. Remember when almost every move was unique in it's ability, power, PP, and accuracy. Almost no move was the same in at least three ways. Now look at my moveset.
Sorry you're missing the point of the set. Taunt is necessary to stop hazards, and also helps it beat Porygon 1v1. Destiny Bond is even more useful to take out something threatening like Pawniard or Chinchou. Misdreavus isn't really a sweeper, it's more of a wallbreaker that can mess walls up with Taunt and take out threats with Life Orb boosted moves and Destiny Bond, which is vital for our team. A team doesn't need a Grass move to be succesful...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)