Sticky Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Status
Not open for further replies.
It might be me forgetting, but was Steven's role in R/S/E explicitly mentioned? If not, this is a cool way to take advantage of that ambiguity left from the older games.
well, he was the hoenn champion. he gave the role up to wallace in emerald, though. whether he'll still be the champ this time around is ambiguous imo. there's certainly precedent for including third-game elements in paired-game remakes, with HGSS. i do hope wallace is the champ this time around, since it'd make mega milotic more likely.

aside from that, he's the son of the devon corp owner. so he's basically the heir to hoenn's version of silph co. and steven in particular studies rare stones - he's involved with evolution stones (like fire/leaf/etc) as well as fossils.

also, he gives you a beldum! what a nice guy. (please include metagrossite this time steven thx)

Tory

Banned deucer.
While I do hope he is the champion, I still would prefer if we had to track him down in a cave and beat a much tougher team (than his story champion team) to get the Metagrossite.
Yeah, honestly, I want Steven to have Mega Aggron during the Elite Four. Then after the story, you go into Meteor Fall cave and challenge him again with his Mega Metagross.

If Metagross gets a mega evolution, Salamence should too.

well, he was the hoenn champion. he gave the role up to wallace in emerald, though. whether he'll still be the champ this time around is ambiguous imo. there's certainly precedent for including third-game elements in paired-game remakes, with HGSS. i do hope wallace is the champ this time around, since it'd make mega milotic more likely.

aside from that, he's the son of the devon corp owner. so he's basically the heir to hoenn's version of silph co. and steven in particular studies rare stones - he's involved with evolution stones (like fire/leaf/etc) as well as fossils.

also, he gives you a beldum! what a nice guy. (please include metagrossite this time steven thx)
Yeah, what I was trying to remember was if the originals had him with any specific stone related goal as to why he is out and about.

I get the vibe that because this happens in the Postgame that it's very likely that we could be seeing a Mega-Metagross. Also considering it's a champ's Signature Pokemon, but are we 100% confirmed that Steven is the champion still?
A Mega-Salamance is debatable, because people are saying that it's the counterpart to Metagross, but in reality it's just Hoenn's 2nd Pseudo-Legendary, not it's counterpart.
Also the fact that Steven has such an interest in "special stones" just realllyy seems a bit too close for comfort to mega stones, and I'm sure that Nintendo will play that up when ORAS comes out.

xfirecharmer said:
Also the fact that Steven has such an interest in "special stones" just realllyy seems a bit too close for comfort to mega stones, and I'm sure that Nintendo will play that up when ORAS comes out.
I may be remembering it wrong but I'm pretty sure the CororCoro release that included Mega Sceptile/ Swampert/ Diance also gave a little background on Steven's role in ORAS. And I think it already said that he's researching mega evolutoin stones in the game and that he has a mega Charizard x on his team..... seeing as how you only get one mega this is a little bit of an argument against the possibility of mega Metagross.

Serebii says: "Steven Stone returns and also appears to have a Mega Charizard X and is after the secret for Mega Evolution"

And I think it already said that he's researching mega evolutoin stones in the game and that he has a mega Charizard x on his team..... seeing as how you only get one mega this is a little bit of an argument against the possibility of mega Metagross.

Serebii says: "Steven Stone returns and also appears to have a Mega Charizard X and is after the secret for Mega Evolution"
Oh yeah, I forgot about the CoroCoro stuffs whOOPS haha. I'm still utterly confused as to why Gamefreak decided to reveal Steven with Mega Charizard X rather than Mega Aggron, because after all he is a Steel/Rock trainer. Either the avoidance of giving him another mega is A. He will not get another mega as he already has one, or B. It's just a placeholder right now and they went way out of the way to allow for him postgame to get another one.

Oh yeah, I forgot about the CoroCoro stuffs whOOPS haha. I'm still utterly confused as to why Gamefreak decided to reveal Steven with Mega Charizard X rather than Mega Aggron, because after all he is a Steel/Rock trainer. Either the avoidance of giving him another mega is A. He will not get another mega as he already has one, or B. It's just a placeholder right now and they went way out of the way to allow for him postgame to get another one.
I personally hold to the idea that you get to fight Steven at different point throughout the game, each time having a different mega until finally as the champion he has Mega Metagross.

That would be pretty cool and depending on how much they change the core story-line it might be actually possible. One of the best places I can think of would be just prior to entering the Cave of Origin, Steven could challenge you to see if you are strong enough or something like that.

That would be pretty cool and depending on how much they change the core story-line it might be actually possible. One of the best places I can think of would be just prior to entering the Cave of Origin, Steven could challenge you to see if you are strong enough or something like that.
Yeah; and also when he meets you on route 118 or whichever route it is east of Mauville he meets you on in Emerald.
Not Granite cave though. Jesus.

I love that idea, considering he loves his stones and all, but there's two flaws that I can see with that.
1. If you have to fight him multiple times throughout the game with a different mega each time, then chances are that you will be fighting him pretty early on with him having a mega, and that doesn't seem too fair to me. Maybe 2 times outside of the Champion battle,
Yeah; and also when he meets you on route 118 or whichever route it is east of Mauville he meets you on in Emerald.
Not Granite cave though. Jesus.
but yes Granite cave would be overkill oh mama

2. If his goal in the game is to understand the secrets of mega evolution and mega stones, why give it to him so nonchalantly? Meet him once in Granite Cave, meet him again BOOM mega something. Kind of detracts from the exclusive nature of mega evolutions if you ask me~~

Am I the only one praying for a knock off tutor?
Nope. I really want my Knock Off Greninja and Protean Kecleon among others. :3
I may be remembering it wrong but I'm pretty sure the CororCoro release that included Mega Sceptile/ Swampert/ Diance also gave a little background on Steven's role in ORAS. And I think it already said that he's researching mega evolutoin stones in the game and that he has a mega Charizard x on his team..... seeing as how you only get one mega this is a little bit of an argument against the possibility of mega Metagross.

I really think that is just showing an example of Mega Evolution rather than Steven's own Pokemon. Serebii is just making a guess like the rest of us.

I don't buy into this "Steven has a mega zard-X" thing. Even serebii said it "seemed" he has one. How reliable are their translations anyway?

Someone posted a link from tv tropes about wolverine publicity a few days ago. That's basically the use of a popular character of a franchise to help promote a new installment without that popular character being relevant to the new installment. This might be the case with zard-X in coro coro. They didn't want to unveil meta metagross (or the fact mega aggron is steven's mega) yet, but they were talking about mega evolutions and decided to put a picture of a popular mega to spice things up.

Mega Charizard X is something Lance is more likely to have anyway. Steven didn't even have any pokemon that were fire or dragon iirc.

Well none of the Japanese text on that image says anything about Charizard (リザドン). The text pointing at the Charizard X is the part that translates roughly to "He is also trying to unlock the puzzle of Megaevolution" So it is quite possible that they just put that image there as a filler example of "Mega Evolution" I'm not saying he should have Charizard X or that it's fitting though, I was just repeating what the source said. Which, yeah, seems like a big assumption.

Last edited:
It also says on Serebii that Steven only "appears" to have a Mega Zard X, and I know that the footage shown in the trailers aren't confirmed in-game footage, but the fact that the Charizard is level 100 is hella off. But scratch that too because the footage shows the starters at level 50 which it did for X and Y too. Honestly I feel like Game Freak is really keeping things secret this time around, especially with not releasing Mega Sableye's type nor ability, same for Mega Diancie's ability.
Ironic now that HURRN is CURNFURMED now we are having so many issues confirming anything else l o l.

I don't buy into this "Steven has a mega zard-X" thing. Even serebii said it "seemed" he has one. How reliable are their translations anyway?

Someone posted a link from tv tropes about wolverine publicity a few days ago. That's basically the use of a popular character of a franchise to help promote a new installment without that popular character being relevant to the new installment. This might be the case with zard-X in coro coro. They didn't want to unveil meta metagross (or the fact mega aggron is steven's mega) yet, but they were talking about mega evolutions and decided to put a picture of a popular mega to spice things up.

Something I whipped up.

DAT MUSEUM. I wonder if you can actually observe what is in the glass cases.
That reminds me of something about the fossil Pokémon. Considering Roxanne is a Rock leader, if there were to be rematches, she would probably use some fossil Pokémon. I remember one thing that always upset me about Ruby and Sapphire was the lack of rematches. What are the chances that we will see Gym Leader Rematches in ORAS? X & Y had it in the form of the Battle Maison, but even that was sort of lacking.

Didn't RS introduce the match caller or something like that? I'm sure re-matches were a function of the Pokénav... unless it was in Emerald.
It was Emerald, but I'm sure that most Emerald features will make it into OR/AS like Crystal features made it into HG/SS. Even if it's no Vs. Seeker, I would absolutely LOVE rematches in some form.

Last edited:
That reminds me of something about the fossil Pokémon. Considering Roxanne is a Rock leader, if there were to be rematches, she would probably use some fossil Pokémon.
Probably, she uses the original Kanto fossils in her rematch in Emerald and uses Armaldo, Cradilly, and Carcossta in Black & White 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)