Smogon's Official World Cup Discussion (Congrats to Glaucius on winning Pick'em!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Australia probably deserved a draw from the game but Chile played relatively well in general - definitely need to work on defending crosses tho

my team of the tournament so far (updated every day)

---------------Itandje
--Aguilar--Vlaar--Luiz--Blind
--Oscar--Cahill--Snedjer--Robben
--------Van Persie--Sanchez

dos Santos can replace Sanchez and Valdivia can replace Cahill

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a defending SPL Championdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
itandje? lol, just because the score was 1-0 (due to 2 goals being incorrectly removed) it doesnt mean he played well. hell even ochoa player better with that last minute save

Did you watch the game? Itandje made some really important saves to keep the game at 1-0, I think he made ~4 good saves? The most this tournament anyway
Ochoa also played well but had only one save to make (good save though)
Maybe Bravo could be in place of Itandje but meh I though Itandje had a good game

destinyunknown

Banned deucer.
The actual score should have been 3-0, even if he made good saves allowing 3 goals is a bit too much. I didn't watch Chile vs Australia but of the other games the best goalkeeper was Cillessen I think. He didn't have to do much, but he made a good save (Silva).

I'd blame Hodgson's tactics for that Rooney performance.

No excuse to put a fat fuck central attacker on defensive duties on the wing against someone with as much work rate and pace as Candreva. Add to that have Rooney cover Baines who is pretty slow by full back standards.

How can you fail to spot that before the game.

Either play Rooney up front in behind Sturridge or don't play him at all.

Give me a break this is why England fans get such a bad wrap, always excuses. We weren't unlucky, the "football gods" were not against us. Italy were the better team (barely) and neither was even remotely a penalty.

There were enough positives about the game to think we have a really good chance of getting out of this group. Italy didn't deserve to lose though.

well i grew up going for italy cos of parents so i support them every world cup, australia 2nd even though i was born here. italy always beat up on england so its no surprise. once their black players fatigued they didnt look like scoring. pirlo and de rossi controlled the game and we defended perfectly for the last 30 minutes. i don't think england will make it out of groups.

imo germany should win errything cuz fuck brazil they a bunch of wussies imo mkmkmkmk

like oml that squad. if only reus didn't get wounded ;_;

o ye the england italy match ait uhm
i cheered for england, cuz ma bro Gerrard mk, but eh i dun mind italy winning wither. if only the didn't play that horribly defensive football at the end id be happy with em, but o well pirlo shud be allowed a nice final WC i suppose. gerrard too tho ;___;
nd ye rooney shouldve been taken off the pitch earlier, i mean lallana is a rly good replacement out on the pitch although he didn't do 2 much in this one... and shearer omg wat r u doin man thats not how u play football. and ye balotelli is like the threat himself oml so strong and pwrful.

mm ye i mean im a liverpool fan nd all, but i only found rooney to be lacking in the second half like he did some rly stupid mistakes there.. many of them too. imo thisll prolly affect him nd his viability in the squad simply may drop
also sturridge should still learn to see the positions of his bros in the offense before he makes a shot cuz he does somethimes shoot in downright luck of the draw situations but i guess its fine i mean out of every ten shot he does atleast one of em hit the net.

this was my attempt at looking smart and ill end it with oml casillas what happened to u man u are my realest nigga my bro my god. fuck the other spaniards, strong squad sure, but fuck em. costa is like the only other one i have a decent amount of respect for there but u casillas. i was in fukn spain last wc and you were THE god like sitting in the bar at nightfall watchin u save shot after shot after shot as if you and the ball was a bunch of magnets or sumtin... amazin ait.
and now u fuck up so badly.

so uhm fuck jose mourinho a real dickwad

Ash Borer

I've heard they're short of room in hell
English shouldn't feel too bad about that loss. Their offense looked very good, Sterling's footwork is something else. You guys will get through your group, good luck in the coming weeks.

Also that Japan v Ivory Coast was really exciting. Honda's goal was absolutely brilliant, perfect control between 4 Ivory defenders and a great finish. Ivory Coast's goals were exceptional too, Japan was marking so fucking well the whole game but those two minutes and thy paid dearly for it. This has been a great tournament so far.

Team of the tournament atm:

---------------Sirigu/Navas
--Aguilar--Vlaar--Yepes--Blind/Armero
--Candreva/Cuadrado/Sterling--Oscar--Snedjer--Robben
--------Van Persie--Campbell

sorry about that previous post :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)