Smogon's favourite music?

Asek

Banned deucer.
Suprised nobodys mentioned 80's/90's bands, my favorite music is probably stuff like Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Pearl Jam, Dire Straights, Green Day etc. Newer bands such as Wolfmother and Silverchair are also really good! Asides from that I like rap music that pretty much everyone on smogon listens to, wu-tang, ice cube, eminem etc. Biggie smalls is king

also am i the only one who absolutely detests imagine dragons on smogon i swear to god i am

Audiosurfer

I'd rather be sleeping
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Suprised nobodys mentioned 80's/90's bands, my favorite music is probably stuff like Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Pearl Jam, Dire Straights, Green Day etc. Newer bands such as Wolfmother and Silverchair are also really good! Asides from that I like rap music that pretty much everyone on smogon listens to, wu-tang, ice cube, eminem etc. Biggie smalls is king

also am i the only one who absolutely detests imagine dragons on smogon i swear to god i am
That makes two I guess

The Leprechaun

wear nike not fila
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

I am also of that opinion

Okay, I'll try this too.

Didn't want to flood it with only a couple bands, so the last level contains nothing by the bands already in the upper levels. I had to leave out a couple albums I love, but such is life. :)

xenu

Banned deucer.
I have a friend who loves "dubstep". He claims to have several hundred dubstep songs on his iphone and thinks he's some sort of genius on the subject. I've tried to play him stuff but he labels it all as "chillstep". One time he asked me what my favorite dubstep channel on youtube was and I said that I usually just checked out the catalogs of labels on bandcamp and he just sort of shook his head. He's the kind of guy that can recite meaningless facts that he found at the top of the dubstep wikipedia page (like that dubstep originated in London in the late 90s out of garage clubs (or as he so eloquently puts it, "the party scene"), but he couldn't list many "dubstep" artists beyond Skrillex or Knife Party because he "listens to channels, not artists".

I'm going to avoid to avoid putting video game music but theres some tracks from the last SSB that really stuck with me.

Linkin Park and Eminem are probably my favorite artists.

termi

bike is short for bichael
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
ok fgts it's time

Used a 1-per-artist clause because that was easier for me. The albums are ranked by the row, so in "second-tier classic" the top row of the two is the one with the better albums. All albums in top 4 and on first row of second tier are 10/10 albums for me, the rest is ~9/10

Honorable mentions that would have probably made it on here hadn't I applied a clause:

Modest Mouse: The Lonesome Crowded West & This Is a Long Drive...
Unwound: New Plastic Ideas & Repetition
Radiohead: In Rainbows & Amnesiac & OK Computer
Pink Floyd: Wish You Were Here
King Crimson: Discipline
Sun Kil Moon: Benji
Boris: Pink & Feedbacker
Björk: Vespertine
GY!BE: Slow Riot for New Zero Kanada
Slowdive: Souvlaki
Talk Talk: Laughing Stock

Random honorable mentions:
Fuck Buttons - Tarot Sport
The United States of America - s/t
Dälek - Absence
El-P - Cancer 4 Cure

yeah that's about it

Random notes:
Yes Imagine Dragons sucks ass please remove that band from the face of the Earth

What's with all these fake ass nigs with their Lamar shit on this site? No disrespect towards Lamar, but come on man, if you wanna go underground hiphop actually go underground.
I like what some of you guys have going on here, seems to be plenty of people here who are well-versed in the music beyond radio shit/pleb metal/house music general/faux indie shit so that's cool props to u

None of the albums on my topsters is really out there tbh, my picks are relatively safe imo Oo Only thing that might scare the majority of you away is Half Japanese because it's about as amusical as music gets. Oh yeah and The Jazz Composer's Orchestra is pretty out there if you've never heard any avant garde jazz. Other shit might be 2heavy/2noisy for some of you but generally it's all real good and accessible stuff (imo!) so uh try them out. Yes all of them.

This post was made for the sake of procastrination.

While many of you had trouble deciding on 50 albums, I actually had trouble even getting to 50 albums. I mostly listen to electronic music, and that mostly comes down to mixes or single tracks instead of full albums. A bunch of stuff I was looking for was unavailable on this site as well, so yeah, it's not a 100% accurate representation of my music tastes.

Edit: just noticed Trinitrotoluene's list, looks like I'm not the only one fond of Hospital and drum and bass in general on here

Last edited:
not really into music but

I listen to film soundtracks more than music; they just have a greater atmosphere and seem more "beautiful" in my eyes. The Place Beyond the Pines has a fantastic soundtrack (Snow Angels, Misere Mei and Bon Iver in particular) that resonates deeply with me. I'm also into Desplat's work with Wes Anderson, especially in Grand Budapest Hotel / Moonrise Kingdom.

Used to be a huge Mika fan but that died down a few years ago, included him on the list because of ~memories~ (same with Crazy Frog and Tony Christie).

Also had a dubstep phase a while back where artists like Delta Heavy, Feed Me, Knife Party and Skrillex were all of what I listened to.

Now going through a phase where I look for music that really connects with me, and so there's been an influx of artists like Alt-J and Woodkid.
Try them out in these links, they're vastly underrated and beautiful to listen to.

Alt-J: 1 2 3

Woodkid: 1 2 3

Also recently got into Igorrr and he's quite...something

Don Honchkrorleone

Happy Qwilfish the nightmare
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus

I FUCKING LOVE Pink Floyd. I was going to go one album per band initially but hell, I thought it would be very unfair since 80% of all time I'm listening to music I'm listening to Pink Floyd or Barrett's solo albums. On Relics is my favorite song of all, Arnold Layne (I know it was on its own album, but the first contact I had with it was in Relics, not to mention See Emily Play and Paint Box omg eargasm). I'm a big fan of Psychadelic and Progressive Rock, and Brazilian Popular Music too as you can see.

I don't like The Final Cut, though :/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)