Passive Aggresive [Finals.3] [Won by Zebraiken]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just noticed this while teambuilding for my match against Zeb:

Grassy Terrain is banned on Joim's Lab. Is this ban intentional or not? (It's not in the ban list unless you include it as a recovery move).

Eo used this move against me this round when we played (Joim's Lab was down at the time). I'm sure there weren't any bad intentions or anything.

I guess this won't matter if Zeb wins but I still wanted to post this before I played him.

jake

underdog of the year
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
i lost to agnaktor again, but by the rules FM indicated to all of us via PM before this last round started:

i win, since eo won vs agnaktor 3-0, i beat eo 3-0, and agnaktor beat me 2-0. i will edit this post with logs and teams since i'm not playing another match of this godforsaken tour any time soon -.-

ggs eo & agnaktor, they were pretty fun

---

@ eo - http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-ubers-12005 you won with smeargle, tenta, and rose left unless i'm looking at the wrong replay which i do not think so

LOGS:

didn't save the one against McMeghan in Round 1, sorry!
vs SoulWind in Round 2: here
vs U-turn Out in Round 3: here, pb (unformatted sry)
vs Ojama in Semi-Finals: here, pb
vs Eo in Finals 1: here
vs Agnaktor in Finals 1: here
vs Eo in Finals 2: here
vs Agnaktor in Finals 2: i can't find this one, i don't think i kept it
vs Eo in Finals 3: here
vs Agnaktor in Finals 3: here

TEAMS:

teambuilding was kinda hard for this tour, since you had to redefine what was "offense" for yourself (namely, status, hazards, leech seed, weather, and trick) and take into account all of the different pokemon that could undermine your strategy. "defense" was built based on how you constructed your team with immunities to status, ways to eliminate hazards, immunities to leech seed, and ways to deal with trick.

personally, i built with FLCL in the early rounds of the tour before i took my team in a completely different direction that worked out pretty well for me. i used low level soak + leech seed smeargle (which is easily one of the best pokemon in this format thanks to access to every move + immunity to swagger), as a win condition in my first few matches before realizing that people with multiple grasses can stall out soak just by switching if i don't have enough pressure through hazards.

imo, harvest + leech seed pokemon were the strongest potential teammates since they were immune to two forms of "offense" (leech seed + status), didn't really get forced out by anything which made hazards less of an issue, and were worn down very slowly by weather because they had the ability to recover with leech seed.

teambuilding was pretty fun though if you were feeling particularly into the meta, since i spent a few hours looking over my options and making the best possible team i could. low levels were "optimal" since you gave leech seeding pokemon less hp / got more hp from leech seeding and could optimize the amount of damage you take from hazards, burn, etc but could be punished by swagger (which you can see very clearly in my last match with agnaktor).

Smeargle (M) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Own Tempo
Level: 2
EVs: 176 HP / 252 Def / 80 Spd
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Recycle
- Defog
- Leech Seed
- Will-O-Wisp

Mew @ Lum Berry
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 Def / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 HP / 0 Atk
- Recycle
- Defog
- Stealth Rock
- Will-O-Wisp

Snover (F) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Snow Warning
Level: 6
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 212 Def / 72 SDef / 224 Spd
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 HP / 0 Atk
- Protect
- Hail
- Leech Seed
- Worry Seed

Abomasnow (M) @ Abomasite
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 8 HP / 248 Def / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Protect
- Hail
- Leech Seed
- Worry Seed

Phantump (M) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Harvest
Level: 7
Bold Nature
- Leech Seed
- Curse
- Will-O-Wisp
- Imprison

Trevenant (M) @ Lum Berry
Timid Nature
- Leech Seed
- Curse
- Will-O-Wisp
- Imprison
Tropius @ Lum Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Leech Seed
- Whirlwind
- Swagger
- Worry Seed

Roserade @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Natural Cure
Level: 17
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Worry Seed
- Swagger

Skarmory @ Rawst Berry
Ability: Sturdy
Level: 16
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Swagger
- Whirlwind
- Defog

Smeargle (M) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Own Tempo
Level: 2
EVs: 176 HP / 252 Def / 80 Spd
Timid Nature
- Recycle
- Defog
- Leech Seed
- Will-O-Wisp

Mew @ Lum Berry
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
IVs: 28 HP / 0 Atk
- Reflect Type
- Will-O-Wisp
- Defog
- Stealth Rock

Latias (F) @ Choice Band
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 HP / 0 Atk
- Trick
- Psycho Shift
- Defog
- Reflect Type

Last edited:

Eo Ut Mortus

Elodin Smells
is a Programmeris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Never mind, lol; I was completely mistaken.

Anyway, sorry about the Grassy Terrain thing, Agnaktor; I just assumed it was unbanned since Misty Terrain was also unbanned.

GGs, congrats to Zeb; will edit post with my thoughts later.

sandshrewz

POTATO
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
FINALLY hahaha. and it's been a month since I was away. Good job to all finalists!! It's been a really fun tour and I hope you guys enjoyed it as well :) It's been great looking at replays and stuff, seeing all the interesting and awesome stuff that people came up with. It's a tour that really breaks off from the norm and many of you excelled in it too. Congrats to Zeb too! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)