Sticky Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who else is hoping for a Faraway Island event? Would be nice to catch your own Mew with 3 guaranteed flawless IVs. That event always looked fun too.

Ah, so that makes Southern Island much more likely then.

Who else is hoping for a Faraway Island event? Would be nice to catch your own Mew with 3 guaranteed flawless IVs. That event always looked fun too.
Plus ORAS is bound to have Move Tutors to easily tailor-make your own Mew.

Last edited by a moderator:
In an attempt to get another subject going, what's everyone's opinion about what 6th gen hoenn music will be like? Idk if they'll go back to the brassy/trumpety(lol is that a word?) but it'll still probably kick ass like it did in 3rd gen. What OSTs are we looking foward to in particular? I know Route 113 and Mt. Pyre are tops on my list, along with a possible frontier brain remake, if it comes back.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
In an attempt to get another subject going, what's everyone's opinion about what 6th gen hoenn music will be like? Idk if they'll go back to the brassy/trumpety(lol is that a word?) but it'll still probably kick ass like it did in 3rd gen. What OSTs are we looking foward to in particular? I know Route 113 and Mt. Pyre are tops on my list, along with a possible frontier brain remake, if it comes back.
The E4 battle theme. It's easily one of the best tracks in the series, and one of my favorites.

Last edited:
The E4 battle theme. It's easily one of the best tracks in the series, and one of my favorites.
.Yeah the E4 one was definitely pretty good, probably the best of all the e4 themes yet, even though there's only been 3 of them. Speaking of e4, there's 2 things that need to happen with them and I'm sure most people agree with this: 1. They need a round 2. Somewhere from a 15-20 level buff should be enough. And 2. The rosters need a refresher. Mostly just phoebe and glacia, since they each have 3 different pokemon as 5 team members. Still drake could probably find SOMETHING better than a shelgon (unless TF just become dicks and give it an eviolite...)

I just wonder if they'll implement the new system of fighting the E4 in any order. Also Glacia and Pheobe's teams were awful; two glalies, two sealeos, and two Dusclops and two Banettes respectively. At least give Glacia a Froslass (though come to think of it, they could both have one)

On this topic of changing the Elite Four's teams. . . Are you talking about the rematch? RBY & FRLG share Elite 4 rosters. GSC and HGSS share Elite 4 rosters (bar the slight level increase). I don't think there will be any significant changes until post-game.

Xen

is a Community Leaderis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Wi-Fi Leader
isn't that where unique E4 themes began?

Then they just abandoned it in Gen 4 and brought it back in 5 and 6. I'm eager for a remix of that theme too
Technically, D/P had their own E4 theme, it was just a low key version of the gym leader battle theme.

On topic, they better add streetpass compatibility for secret bases. Even though one of their biggest niches in Gen 3 (easy EV/EXP training) is rather redundant today, secret bases as a whole were awesome, and bringing easier compatibility to them would be so much fun.

Hell, they need to add more streetpass functions as a whole. Only getting one stupid Poke Mile per tag in X/Y sucked.

I just wonder if they'll implement the new system of fighting the E4 in any order. Also Glacia and Pheobe's teams were awful; two glalies, two sealeos, and two Dusclops and two Banettes respectively. At least give Glacia a Froslass (though come to think of it, they could both have one)
Yeah, I agree that there wasn't a whole lot of variety in their teams, though I suppose I let it slide at the time because there wasn't a whole lot to choose from, I assume. Though given that this is a remake and chances are likely that Gen IV-VI pokes might be incorporated into this game, then we can definitely hope for increased difficulty as well as some more variety and hopefully some more strategy on the AI's part. .____.;

On this topic of changing the Elite Four's teams. . . Are you talking about the rematch? RBY & FRLG share Elite 4 rosters. GSC and HGSS share Elite 4 rosters (bar the slight level increase). I don't think there will be any significant changes until post-game.
I think updated teams with Gen IV-VI pokémon in the postgame wouldn't be amiss, for example Sydney could get I dunno a Krookodile or a Mega-Absol in his team, while Phoebe gets a Mismagius or something; I think it would be really cool.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Since TMs can't be traded over, they could differentiate the TMs between games, and they could also sport some of the tutor moves of Emerald.
Have TMs ever changed mid-gen? I know HMs have (DPPt had Defog while HGSS didn't), but I don't think they'd do that. Besides, they had a Move Tutor for Headbutt in Ilex Forest instead of making it a TM again in HGSS.

If it's like HG/SS then they'll probably add new evolutions to the regional dex that don't require a special item. So they could exclude stuff like Gallade by simply not having a dawn stone available pre E4, but for something that needs a specific move to evolve, there's nothing to stop it, though I can't think of anything that would apply to in the Hoenn dex at the moment

Have TMs ever changed mid-gen? I know HMs have (DPPt had Defog while HGSS didn't), but I don't think they'd do that. Besides, they had a Move Tutor for Headbutt in Ilex Forest instead of making it a TM again in HGSS.
There's no precedence for it, but that doesn't mean it couldn't happen. Perhaps maybe Rock Smash and/or Flash become HMs again giving 2 free TMs slots, one of them for Secret Power.

HG/SS was 4th gen where TMs could be traded. That's why Headbutt couldn't be a TM.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Also, just realized this will be the first time the Hoenn will actually have a day and night depicted beyond a clock in your room.
Let's hope with this change they also retcon Wurmples evolution style... Cascoon at night and Silcoon during the day. Let us please not have the personality value deciding which one I get thanks... I've had to catch upwards of ten Wurmple before I got one or the other. I assume the same will happen for Umbreon/Espeon.

Since TMs can't be traded over, they could differentiate the TMs between games, and they could also sport some of the tutor moves of Emerald.
I very much doubt this would happen. They might unbalance sales by doing that if one TM is particularly more fancied than the other.

Rotosect

Banned deucer.
I wonder if the Hoenn Elite 4 will be nerfed to the "battle them in the order you want and they only have 4 pokemon each" crap they have been using for the past 2 generations.
If that happens, I expect them having these teams:
Sydney: Shiftry, Sharpedo, Cacturne, Absol (Mega?)
Phoebe: Dusknoir, Sableye, Shedinja, Banette (Mega?)
Glacia: Glalie, Froslass, Jynx/Abomasnow/Weavile, Walrein (Mega?)
Drake: Flygon, Altaria, Kingdra, Salamence (Mega?)

Now that the mega evolution novelty has worn off, there is no excuse not to give each of them a mega.

I wonder if the Hoenn Elite 4 will be nerfed to the "battle them in the order you want and they only have 4 pokemon each" crap they have been using for the past 2 generations.
If that happens, I expect them having these teams:
Sydney: Shiftry, Sharpedo, Cacturne, Absol (Mega?)
Phoebe: Dusknoir, Sableye, Shedinja, Banette (Mega?)
Glacia: Glalie, Froslass, Jynx/Abomasnow/Weavile, Walrein (Mega?)
Drake: Flygon, Altaria, Kingdra, Salamence (Mega?)

Now that the mega evolution novelty has worn off, there is no excuse not to give each of them a mega.
I would be really sad to see that happen but I fear it will be that way. It makes the E4 so much easier. Hoenn whilst my second least favourite region did have a good structured E4. Sydney could hurt you and annoy you with evasion moves. Phoebe used lots of Protects with Pressure to eat PP. Glacia used Hail to make sure your team took some damage. Drake hit hard and unless you packed an Ice move he took a while to take down. With these made the Champion battle a lot more intense as each fight got harder and therefore if you didn't fully prepare or have enough items, you could lose to Steven/Wallace.

Would love to see a Mega for each E4. Even if we have to wait for rematches with them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)