Sticky Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Status
Not open for further replies.
well in x and ys players guide it says there are 14 berries i think you cannot get in x and y and have to be traded probley from oras so we will get more berries then x and y in this game
Outside of the "event berries" Custap and Enigma or whatever. I'm pretty sure all berries are in XY. The players guide either lied or is incomplete. But the 14 berries it lists can be "mutated" through berry cross pollination to get all the other berries. (maybe I don't know what I'm talking about but I thought they were all there)

Do you think they'll make Feebas evolve by Beauty again? That'll give some berries a use.
Feebas's new evolution method came out gen V. But Poemon still have a beauty stat (and other contest stats) saved to them. The modern format for Pokemon data originated in the RSE games after all. So while Gen V and Gen VI (for now) offer no way to increase your Beauty stat the mechinic isn't actually abandonded from the game. If you give a Feebas max beauty on Saphire, transfer it up through 3 gens to XY, then level it up, it will evolve into Milotic without a Prisim Scale. It should also work that if you give a Pokemon max toughness on Ruby and then transfer it all the way up to Omega Ruby it should be good to go for toughness contests. (the same way a Pokemon maintains EVs etc when transferring up)

SO, assuming contests return in more or less the same format and Beauty is a stat that can be increased, Feebas will just have two methods of evolution (which it sort of already does)

RASFA

Banned deucer.
Do you think they'll make Feebas evolve by Beauty again? That'll give some berries a use.

Yay, I made the first post on page 100 :'D

Please try to get a minimum level of grammar on your posts. My eyes are starting to hurt by reading them already
theirs noting wrong with my grammar the only mistake is missed full stops and the first word spelled wrong. can.t you even read that people. Stop complaining its still readable the only mistake is missed full stop and does stop you from understanding it. NO.

Do you guys think that Pokemon amie will return.Well i think no due to the fact that berry blocks from berry blender and Pokemon contests can be used to raise happiness of your Pokemon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you guys think that Pokemon amie will return.Well i think no due to the fact that berry blocks from berry blender and Pokemon contests can be used to raise happiness of your Pokemon.
If you know that the only mistake is "missed full stops", then would it be too hard to just put them in there? I'm not sure why you're trying so hard to avoid it; while your posts are still readable, it's considerably more difficult to read something you say as opposed to a post with periods and all. We're just asking that if you want to be a truly productive member of the discussion, you at least put some effort into your grammar.

As regards to Pokeblocks and Amie, I'm fairly certain we'll see the former, perhaps maybe not the latter. If ORAS and XY were indeed developed around the same time like DPPt/HGSS and RSE/FRLG were, then I feel that Amie would be something created for XY too far into the development process for it to be included in ORAS as well; of course, I could be wrong, and putting Amie into ORAS could be as simple as directly porting the code into the new game, but I don't know enough about programming to make that call.

And training your Pokémon to be good enough to challenge the Elite Four on their own? Well... there were trainers with Pokémon in the 30-ish range, and Gabby & Ty eventually got their Pokémon to lvl. 39, but between them and the Elite Four, you had to do a LOT of grinding. Or happen to know a friend with a Link Cable and enough patience to fill his team with Blissey.
Wouldn't matter as you can't do Secret Base Battles until after beating the Champion.

do you think this game will be easier then the original games due to the fairy type.
Discounting the possibility of a Diancie Event and only going by standalone, the only fairies in the game are Ralts, Marill, Mawile and Jigglypuff families. Out of those, Mawile's exclusive to Ruby and Jigglypuff just plain sucks. Ralts is also incredibly rare but let's face it everyone and their mother will be searching for one for ages to add one to their team. I don't see them making the game TOO much easier, though - Gardevoir was already incredible in-game, and the Ralts family doesn't learn a damaging Fairy-type move until they evolve into Gardevoir or unless you get the Dazzling Gleam TM early. So really, the only way I can see this making the game easier is against Syndey and Drake.

RASFA

Banned deucer.
Discounting the possibility of a Diancie Event and only going by standalone, the only fairies in the game are Ralts, Marill, Mawile and Jigglypuff families. Out of those, Mawile's exclusive to Ruby and Jigglypuff just plain sucks. Ralts is also incredibly rare but let's face it everyone and their mother will be searching for one for ages to add one to their team. I don't see them making the game TOO much easier, though - Gardevoir was already incredible in-game, and the Ralts family doesn't learn a damaging Fairy-type move until they evolve into Gardevoir or unless you get the Dazzling Gleam TM early. So really, the only way I can see this making the game easier is against Syndey and Drake.
well i can find a ralts a like 5 mins. i run round in the grass non stop and it can take lots of trys but there not that rare ive found one. like about every time i start a new game on ruby and sapphire times times and plan to have it on my team. if you run in the grass non stop it can take about may be up to 20 mins. if you are unlucky.

Marill is still a thing. But seeing as how quite a few Pokemon learn Dazzling Gleam through TM I will probably stick to something like Alakazam, Tentacruel or Vileplume with the move. Ow yeah and since you could get Snubull in Emerald we might be able to get Granbull as Fairy type. Speaking about that do you guys think we will see the Pokemon that were added to Emerald's Pokedex like said Snubull?

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Marill is still a thing. But seeing as how quite a few Pokemon learn Dazzling Gleam through TM I will probably stick to something like Alakazam, Tentacruel or Vileplume with the move. Ow yeah and since you could get Snubull in Emerald we might be able to get Granbull as Fairy type. Speaking about that do you guys think we will see the Pokemon that were added to Emerald's Pokedex like said Snubull?
I hope they take the chance to revamp the RS dex and add in some other things (specifically Water Pokemon). But things like Foongus could appear alongside Shroomish in Petalburg Woods, or Noibat with the Whismur in the Rusturf Tunnel. Just little things like that would be cool. Snubull should def be in there somewhere.

I hope they take the chance to revamp the RS dex and add in some other things (specifically Water Pokemon). But things like Foongus could appear alongside Shroomish in Petalburg Woods, or Noibat with the Whismur in the Rusturf Tunnel. Just little things like that would be cool. Snubull should def be in there somewhere.
Yeah I am thinking they would use the Emerald Pokedex since compared to XY's huge regional Pokedex Pokemon Ruby & Sapphire had kind of small Pokedex. And maybe with some new Pokemon the Pokedex could be around 250 Pokemon which seems alright. I would definetly like to see some more Pokemon of the rarer types like some more Dragon and Ice Pokemon. Dragalge fits perfectly in Hoenn's watery region style and gving is another and possibly earlier game Dragon Pokemon is always nice. As for Ice Pokemon getting Froslass and Abomasnow somewhere in there would be nice.

ethan06

⋖(☼┆☼)⋗
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
I remember that Platinum's regional dex was far superior than Diamond and Pearl's one, mainly because DP's dex was disappointingly small and had little variation (remember Volkner and Flint's teams?). The diversity of in-game options was really augmented in Platinum by additions like the Eeveelutions, the Houndour line, the Snorunt line and the Ralts line and I feel like the game was far better for it. Gallade, Budew/Roserade, Probopass, Chingling, Froslass and Dusknoir will probably make an appearance thanks to their relation to Hoenn Pokémon (expect to see Budew and Chingling in the early routes imo), but they may add other Pokémon as well where it makes sense flavour-wise to do so.

EDIT: Talking of Probopass, do you think there'll be a location where you can evolve Magneton and Nosepass? I remember that Magnezone was unobtainable in HGSS, the only remakes to come out since they were introduced in DP, so I wonder if they'll do the same again or if they'll give a Hoenn location the same power as Mt. Coronet, Chargestone Cave and Kalos Route 13. (My money's on New Mauville) I think it'd be unfair on Nosepass if they didn't to be honest...

Last edited:
Game freak will probably make some place like Sevii islands, which has a magneton/nosepass evolving place. I really doubt they will make new mauville the evolution place, since HGSS didn't have any way to evolve eevee into glaceon/leafeon. But, Watson could do some stuff that makes New Mauville emit electromagnetic waves that evolve magneton/nosepass.

I honestly can't think of anywhere else to evolve Magneton and Nosepass other than New Mauville or new area.
Maybe they could evolve in Granite Cave, maybe just even on a route like the one cycling road route. Meteor falls also seems really likely to me.

Maybe they could evolve in Granite Cave, maybe just even on a route like the one cycling road route. Meteor falls also seems really likely to me.
I don't see those as likely - Mt. Coronet, Chargestone Cave and Route 11 evolved Magneton and Nosepass because they had an extraordinary electromagnetic field. I certainly don't remember Granite Cave having anything of the sort, and the other two pale in comparison to New Mauville who was blatantly stated as having an electromagnetic field.

ethan06

⋖(☼┆☼)⋗
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
To be honest I think they'll probably just go the HGSS route and Nosepass will go home without any supper because Trollfreak. But I agree with Kurona; if they do, it'll be New Mauville imo. Kalos Route 13's (not 11, I got that wrong ;_; ) electromagnetic field is caused by the Power Plant so a manmade one isn't unheard of, canonically speaking.

Last edited:

RASFA

Banned deucer.
i think why the release date in Europe is 28 is because of the game corner maybe returning. and Europe has strict gambling laws. if this is the reason then europe do not know if the game corner will return. if the game corner is the reason and its confirmed the game will not have it the release date could be changed to worldwide.

I'm not sure that they would use New Mauville like that; GF tends to try to avoid introducing a new evolution mechanic to something that already exists, which is why Eevee doesn't evolve from the Sun and Moon stones (even in XD), or in the Viridian Forest, Ilex Forest, or the Seafoam Islands. It's also why a few pokemon learned Ancient Power starting in Gen IV. If they do add evolutions that depend on location (and I really, really hope they do), I'd think that they would create new places to use, as opposed to New Mauville, the Petalburg Forest, or Shoal Cave, even if all of those places fit the bill. Although, by that same token, they could put a bit more thought into it, and introduce new locations within those areas...

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
i think why the release date in Europe is 28 is because of the game corner maybe returning. and Europe has strict gambling laws. if this is the reason then europe do not know if the game corner will return. if the game corner is the reason and its confirmed the game will not have it the release date could be changed to worldwide.
It could be but I personally think it is more or less "punishment" because of what happened before XY's release. To the uneducated, there were leaks about XY details a week or two prior to release. A Canadian managed to get it early and leak on Instagram but then got a cease and desist from Nintendo (iirc). Then a few people in Spain or somewhere in Europe proceeded to leak basically virtually everything in XY about a week before release. Then to cap it all off, most places in Europe pretty much broke release date and sold copies to the public a day early. So I guess because of this, Nintendo was not the least bit pleased and delayed the European release by a week relative to the rest of the world. Of course then there are Europe's gambling laws reducing the Game Corner to merely "get coins for free" or whatever it was.

That said, I am definitely looking forward to the Game Corner. It will be interesting seeing the Roulette in 3D if they decide to do this and not Voltorb Flip. Also the Slot Machines making a return for the first time since Platinum. I just hope they do not "ruin" the Game Corner like they did with HGSS (Voltorb Flip, while skill-based, was rather poorly received though I did not have much of a problem with it) or worse, remove it altogether... :(

Rotosect

Banned deucer.
Are there any studies that confirm that children who have been exposed to "videogame gambling" (which isn't anywhere close to actual gambling) are more likely to develop a gambling addiction? Because the Game Corner nerf is completely unecessary and doesn't do anything to solve the issue.

As for the leaks, nothing GF can do will stop them. The only reason several leakers got the C&D threats is because they were so stupid to post them on their Instagram account without even bothering to conceal their identity. If anything leakers will be smarter this time.

No offense to European sensitivities, but. . . glorified DOG/COCK-fighting = A-OK! Play-gambling within a game where cock-fighting is the center of the universe: oh no, gotta nip that in the bud.
I don't get it. (Then again, I live in the only US state to have gambling at every street corner. . .)

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Are there any studies that confirm that children who have been exposed to "videogame gambling" (which isn't anywhere close to actual gambling) are more likely to develop a gambling addiction? Because the Game Corner nerf is completely unecessary and doesn't do anything to solve the issue.

As for the leaks, nothing GF can do will stop them. The only reason several leakers got the C&D threats is because they were so stupid to post them on their Instagram account without even bothering to conceal their identity. If anything leakers will be smarter this time.
This article suggests yes, but it also describes the following:

High frequency players were more likely than low frequency players to report going in to a trance-like state, losing track of time, experiencing blackouts, feeling outside of oneself, and feeling like a different person when playing, compared to low frequency players.
Which I've never heard of anyone (myself, or any friends) ever experiencing, even those that play frequently. So I'm inclined to discount their 'research', and I'm too lazy to find any other articles.

Edit: The same website has another article about it which relied on the subjects to self report whether they had or not, which immediately should send up a red flag.

Edit 2: Here's another one with Nintendo specifically mentioned. They came to the same conclusion as above:

The findings, in general, suggest that high frequency video-game players gamble more than low frequency video-game players, report that gambling makes them feel more important, and take greater risks on the blackjack gambling task although no overall differences in success were found. Males exhibited greater risk-taking tendencies on the blackjack task than females.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)