2013/2014 Soccer/Football Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Liverpool's move for Moreno has stalled and we've been heavily linked with Ricardo Rodriguez and Marcos Rojo.

All of them are very decent left backs that I wouldn't mind having here.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
A bit late to the posting party, but Chelsea signing Costa and Fabregas? And Courtois (or however you spell it) coming back from loan? Best team in the premiership

Shiv

mostly harmless
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
We've made a fantasy league for the Sports Room on Showdown! if anyone is interested in joining? You can join here: http://en.mcdonalds.fantasy.fifa.com/.

After you've registered head over to "My leagues" and search for "PS league". Would be great if you could join as we've 26 in the league so far!

Thanks.
Joined.

This is the worst system of Fantasy Football I've ever played btw. Even though I'm doing pretty good. Absolutely horrible.

it is bad, But I got Moreno in defence :D
and just sold Neymar, Messi and Willian on the Mirror one (DGW on there so no Brazil week 2) bought Muller RvP and Robben.... erm... ya :D

Joined.

This is the worst system of Fantasy Football I've ever played btw. Even though I'm doing pretty good. Absolutely horrible.
Yeah, it's poor. Didn't realise how bad it was tbh. Last time I used it in 2010 and it was really good but now they've added points in for too many things..

Shiv

mostly harmless
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
Yeah, it's poor. Didn't realise how bad it was tbh. Last time I used it in 2010 and it was really good but now they've added points in for too many things..
Yeah, I've played the WC ones before and they aren't usually bad. This one is just horrifying. They even changed the rules 2-3 times about a day before the WC started. Just so bad.

Also, FYI, I'll be running a draft style fantasy tournament for the EPL this year. Did a small one last year and it was fantastic. If you want to join, drop me a message.

Just back from holiday, didn't get to watch any of the matches yet really but caught Ecuador vs Honduras last night which was surprisingly decent. Lol England and Spain... Must check out what formation England even played!

Myzozoa

to find better ways to say what nobody says
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Arsenal are signing Cote d'Ivoire RB Aurier (the one who had 2 assists against Japan) for 8M, he was in the Ligue 1 TOTY apparently. Pretty happy with this signing for 'just' 8M.

Myzozoa

to find better ways to say what nobody says
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Yes, Serge Aurier. I don't follow ligue 1, but in reading up it seems like he played as a CB in a 3-5-2 system during this last season, so he has some versatility. Also he actually hasn't been signed yet (i misread reddit or reddit misrepresented it as if he had already been signed), but we have agreed personal terms so now it's just about what we will have to pay to get him.

Yeah he has been fantastic this season and for only 8 mil(Has arsenal confirmed anything) is a hell of a deal.

When the world cup finishes I think we should start a new thread.
It should be an interesting summer with most teams looking strengthen their squads.

Shiv

mostly harmless
Arsenal has confirmed nothing so I don't believe the deal.

Aurier on the otherhand, is a boyhood Arsenal fan and has said he's coming many times. He's posted selfies wearing an Arsenal jersey, apparently confirmed to some fans in some videos, etc. This has been going on from a month before the World Cup. Can't be sure if it's actually "done" or he's just trying to push it through.

Anyway, any new signings probably won't be revealed till July 10th (when the new kits are lauched with Puma). I'm hoping the reports are true and we're already set it up.

Neymar has looked the real deal in this game for the first time I've seen. I thought he looked selfish before but he set up a few really top opportunities with smart play and great skill and he's scored 2 goals already lol.

Transfer news:
1. United are going to pay Herrera's buyout clause which is 36 mil euros. They have to finish this deal before July where his buyout clause becomes 40 mil.

2. Vela signed a new contract to remain at Real Sociedad. 4 year extension.

3. Atletico are remaining firm on Diego Costa's Buyout clause. Chelsea want to pay below it.

4. Suarez wants Barcelona move. Happy to stay with Liverpool but If Barcelona make an acceptable offer to Liverpool then Suarez is gone.
You can read this article regarding Suarez, where Both Madrid and Barcelona are making moves for him.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...push-hard-to-get-luis-suarez-out-of-liverpool

suarez is a disgrace. he's too good to sell just because of his behavioral problems though. No way will anyone pay what we want anyway, the same could be said before the incident. Now it is guaranteed.
That I agree with. Yeah, poor attitude but you won't buy a replacement that is as good as him, no matter how much you get for him.

Soul Fly

IMMA TEACH YOU WHAT SPLASHIN' MEANS
is a Contributor Alumnus
Claudio Bravo agreed to a Barcelona move? why?

He has no shot at the first team Goalkeeper, with Ter Stegen being a no-brainer. I mean of course he gets a value bump and a nice fee, but he's a decent keeper who should have stayed at Sociedad and kept sharpening his skills.

This is worse than Diego Lopez in Madrid, but he actually has a decent chance at a full-time place in the main squad with Casillas' impending (semi?) retirement after his fiasco of a world cup and his decreasing amount of games played in the last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)