Smogon's Official World Cup Discussion (Congrats to Glaucius on winning Pick'em!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soul Fly

IMMA TEACH YOU WHAT SPLASHIN' MEANS
is a Contributor Alumnus
Costa is a fucking dick missing golden chances like that 2 down.

Edit: I take that back. All Spanish attackers ate acting like dicks. Costa probably risked injuring himself with that cross and Busquets pulled a classic Torres

Last edited:
Way to get my hopes up Australia :-(.

Also stop with this refereeing bullshit please and show a little respect for a team that gave you a scare. We outplayed you for large chunks
Australia was great, 'twas a very exciting game. No disagreement there. But you can't deny the ref giving away the 1-2 for no reason was huge.

Babye Spain, who'd have predicted this ? :O
I did :o I cba to look for my post but when we did the predictions last year I had Nederlands and Chile. Of course I wasn't the only one, but I can only speak for myself :P

Edit: The good thing about Spain is that the players might make it to Felipe's crowning o.O

Last edited:

destinyunknown

Banned deucer.
Well, I didn't like the 23-man spanish list for the World Cup, but I don't think that anyone expected this to happen. Del Bosque said a couple of days ago that ''He knew that some players didn't deserve to be on the team for the World Cup, but he didn't have the heart to leave them out''. I think that if a manager isn't able to leave out players that just aren't fit to play, he just doesn't deserve to keep the job. I'm usually really sceptical about the Spanish team (and in general) but even I didn't expect this terrible performance. However, Spain has many great young players, so if changes are made accordingly, we'll be on the run for the next Eurocup/World Cup. But Del Bosque needs to go, he has shown that he's not able to renew the team over the last years (seriously giving Deulofeu a chance instead of Negredo is ridiculous and already made me angry), and we really need a change. Valverde or Benitez would be a fine replacement for him.

Hoping we pick a good manager (like the ones I mentioned) as a Del Bosque replacement, because the Spanish Federation is excellent at picking terrible ones lol.

From now on I'll support Switzerland and other underdogs I guess.

Last edited:

This pic makes me sad, damn brutal Spanish press. How does one succumb to mediocrity in wait for a new golden generation?

australia has very easily surpassed my expectations this WC (admittedly my expectations were to get one goal at max for the entire thing). we've still lost all of our games which will make jumpluff happy (especially since we lost to the netherlands) and the australian media should shut up.

we might be able to fluke a win vs spain but that will probably make the media completely insufferable so i don't know what i want to happen (although they've already started with cahill's goal)

James Rodriguez is really underrated outside of France. He is up there with Gotze, Neymar, Pogba, verratti, thiago, etc as the best young players.

Player of the Tournament for me so far.

Oh and I have to say Isn't Yaya toure suppose to be the best Cm in the world. Has been poor this world cup so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)