Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

shiny finder

forever searching
is a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Chatot Wrangler
I just recently noticed the encounter slot pages on eggmove.com no longer seem to work unless I go to archives.org and enter in such following links:

http://www.eggmove.com/encounterplat.htm
http://www.eggmove.com/encounterdiamond.htm
http://www.eggmove.com/encounterpearl.htm
http://www.eggmove.com/encounterheartgold.htm
http://www.eggmove.com/encountersoulsilver.htm

Have these pages been moved or hosted elsewhere? I actually still RNG stuff in 4th and 5th gen mainly for breeding purposes.
Somebody said the domain is for sale, hence why the links don't work. On the previous page I posted a few links to a Japanese site (translated by Google) that has all of the encounter slots, just not as pretty as the ones here. They should work, but just require some extra effort to use.

see this post for the links and this post for how I think it's laid out.

I also posted similar links for BW in the other rng thread, and the original "Smogon versions" for BW2 and the grottos there as well.

edit: But Hozu's are probably a ton better :P. Thanks Hozu !

Art Vandelay

Banned deucer.
can't remember exactly but can you still do coinflips to verify your seed in weather (sandstorm, hail)? I know you can't sweet scent so poke radar is the only option but can't remember if you could still check it or not

Does anyone here know the algorithm to covert the date/time/delay into the initial seed in 4th gen? I'm trying to code a PRNG that coppies the 4th gen PRNG.

How can you abuse your TID on a FR/LG emulator? I know how to on R/S but after finding and reading all the information I can I am still unsure.

Thanks.

.com

Grumpy old man
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Does anyone here know the algorithm to covert the date/time/delay into the initial seed in 4th gen? I'm trying to code a PRNG that coppies the 4th gen PRNG.
Look here.

How can you abuse your TID on a FR/LG emulator? I know how to on R/S but after finding and reading all the information I can I am still unsure.
This thread's first post covers which frames the TID and SID are generated. People will probably want/need more specifics on which parts you're unsure of though.

Last edited:
Game = SoulSilver
I've set EonTimer to Calibrated Seconds = 14, my Target Seconds = 14 too, but I keep getting 13 when I check with Irwin Calls.
What can I do to hit the right Seconds?

I tried Soft Resetting (with the new 15 Seconds) instead of selecting the game from the menu (with either) and it worked :> (it didn't work if I didn't SR though) Thank you!

Hey y'all! I have a question~

What is the timing when Suicune/Raikou/Entai in FRLG is generated?
(I know that Roamers like Latios/Latias is generated when you choose the color in front of the television, so what is the homologous timing for roamers in FRLG?)

By the way, is the PID of the roamer generated by method 1?

Thanks in advance! ^^

lats

formerly lockiegengar12
Hey y'all! I have a question~

What is the timing when Suicune/Raikou/Entai in FRLG is generated?
(I know that Roamers like Latios/Latias is generated when you choose the color in front of the television, so what is the homologous timing for roamers in FRLG?)

By the way, is the PID of the roamer generated by method 1?

Thanks in advance! ^^
It's kinda irrelevant, because thanks to the roaming glitch present in FRLG and RS (not emerald) the max IVs a roamer can have is 31/7/0/0/0/0 iirc.

It's kinda irrelevant, because thanks to the roaming glitch present in FRLG and RS (not emerald) the max IVs a roamer can have is 31/7/0/0/0/0 iirc.
OF COURSE i know this roaming glitch~

And to chuck the roaming glitch, there is a timing that the the PID of the roamer is generated.

I just want to get a shiny roamer, that's all.

lats

formerly lockiegengar12
OF COURSE i know this roaming glitch~

And to chuck the roaming glitch, there is a timing that the the PID of the roamer is generated.

I just want to get a shiny roamer, that's all.
According to Bulbapedia...

Kanto
"These Pokémon are only present in Pokémon FireRed and LeafGreen. Only one of the three legendary beasts will appear dependent on the type weakness of the player's chosen starter Pokémon (Raikou for Squirtle, Entei for Bulbasaur, Suicune for Charmander). The legendary beast will commence roaming the Kanto mainland upon Lorelei's return to the Elite Four after Team Rocket is defeated in the Sevii Islands. They will have low IVs due to the Roaming IV glitch and if they use Roar to flee, they will disappear permanently due to the roaming Roar glitch."

I couldn't find anywhere else that even remotely mentioned it, even the official thread here for FRLG abuse didn't mention it lol.

.com

Grumpy old man
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Is PokéRNG Emerald still hosted anywhere? All links in threads (and forums other than this one) seem to link to the same dead page.

In DPPt, are the happiness taps supposed to be done with 6 or 5 pokemon in your party? I just hit my seed and I cannot remember for the life of me x_x

EDIT: Just did it with 6 and it worked. :)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)