Megas For All (Read the whole 1st post and check current slate)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shit, went back and read yours

That has to be the most complicated ability ever made

You're a coder, what if that had won

Why would you do that to yourself
Because as a grad student, being miserable comes with the position.

Also, what comes with it is the ability to sense where events with free food are and when to swoop down and actually steal it.

Lumineon is missing from the slates
Lumineon's missing because its a piece of shit that deserves nothing.

Actually I probably didn't catch it while making the slates; I used the list in the OP to weed out 'mons who were already either completed/reserved, but since some reservations dropped out without my knowledge, there's some holes in the slate. I'll keep Lumineon in mind--either we'll tack it onto a slate like we did with Celebi or if we need to it'll join "Lost Slate V2".

Mega Bibarel

Typing: Normal/Water --> Ground/Water
Ability: Simple/Unaware/Moody --> Sap Sipper
New Moves: Slack Off, Stealth Rock
Stats: 79/85/60/55/60/71 --> 79/105(+20)/120(+60)/55/100(+40)/51(-20)

(Might tweak the stats later)

Ground/Water is a wonderful typing defensively leaving it with only a weakness to Grass. But now that Bibarel gains access to Sap Sipper upon Mega-evolving, it turns its only weakness to an immunity. Bringing with it an additional attack boost, Mega Bibarel can be quite the tank. But more notable than that is with this resulting plethora of resistances and immunities, this makes Mega Bibarel a really unique counter to many of OU's threats. Thundurus, Breloom, and Mega Charizard Y are just some of the notable threats that can be covered by Mega Bibarel. It's also important to note that non-damaging Grass type attacks like Leech Seed, Stun Spore and Sleep Powder also activates the ability and therefore, can be taken advantage of for a switch-in opportunity. And with that, I guess it helps that it completely blocks out defensive Pokemon like Ferrothorn and Mega Venusaur. Although it can't do much back than just force a switch which is in itself quite a good thing actually. To an extent, this Mega Bibarel looks to be a good anti-meta Pokemon that can wall specific offensive and defensive threats effectively. If your team is struggling with the aforementioned threats, it will surely be an asset as one of your members. To add on to its usefulness, Stealth Rock was added for utility and Slack off for a much needed recovery move.

In a nutshell, it's pretty much what Swampert hoped to be.

To justify its typing and ability by virtue of flavor, I won't overcomplicate things. It's a semi-aquatic rodent; living partly in land and partly in water. For the ability, it would make much more sense if we take the Japanese version of Sap Sipper in context. It's Herbivorous originally; in relation to Bibarel, a beaver's diet usually is composed of tree bark, shoots, twigs and leaves. Beavers are herbivores.

I honestly don't think I'm an ass for saying I don't like the winning megas. I totally agree with Arikado about them, and I don't see why - while you respect his thoughts - are you treating me this bad. I should be able to freely express my opinion, as long as I don't offend anyone.

I honestly don't think I'm an ass for saying I don't like the winning megas. I totally agree with Arikado about them, and I don't see why - while you respect his thoughts - are you treating me this bad. I should be able to freely express my opinion, as long as I don't offend anyone.
Because he explained the issues he had with them:

"So guys, I just wanna say that megas shouldn't move too far away from their base formes.. for example, Dnite's obviously a physical sweeper (sorry Mew King , I just don't like your mega dnite at all compared to the others :/ I couldn't let it slip by) but the mega that won didn't even receive any buff to its attack, even when all official megas always maintain their highest stat from base form (gyarados' highest stat is attack, and so is mega gyarados'). It also needed a type change to Dragon/Water rather than /Flying but that can be overlooked. Just thought I'd put this here, it's actually pretty much the reason why I stopped contributing, I don't like how the megas are handled. That also happened to Entei (it wasn't a tank/wall, but the mega is) and a bunch others I'm forgetting. And I have a log here with a friend elaborating how I feel about it. Take this as you will, I still love the project though and I check it regularly. Great job :}"

Plus, several of the issues he brought up (such as Entei, for example) are also being discussed by the Balancing Council for possibly being too similar to another Mega, or too different/worse than its base form, etc., and he explained WHY he brought them up, for the most part.

TL;DR Arikado presented what he believed to be a genuine problem while you're just whining about shit you don't like

If you don't like them make your own. Simple as that.

So guys, I just wanna say that megas shouldn't move too far away from their base formes.. for example, Dnite's obviously a physical sweeper (sorry Mew King , I just don't like your mega dnite at all compared to the others :/ I couldn't let it slip by) but the mega that won didn't even receive any buff to its attack, even when all official megas always maintain their highest stat from base form (gyarados' highest stat is attack, and so is mega gyarados'). It also needed a type change to Dragon/Water rather than /Flying but that can be overlooked. Just thought I'd put this here, it's actually pretty much the reason why I stopped contributing, I don't like how the megas are handled. That also happened to Entei (it wasn't a tank/wall, but the mega is) and a bunch others I'm forgetting. And I have a log here with a friend elaborating how I feel about it. Take this as you will, I still love the project though and I check it regularly. Great job :}

It's also a non-direct rule from the OP:
Another rule directly stated was that already OU viable pokemon, like dragonite and entei, should have a mega that is different enough to not eclipse their base form. I'd completely agree with you if we were seeing stuff like Shell Smash Bastiodon, but the truth of the matter is we aren't. If you think the quality of megas has gone downhill, then that's your opinion, hardly something corrupt with the project. To be honest, I think the older submissions are much more interesting and intuitive than the ones we see now, but I can't exactly get upset with people for not creating/voting for the submissions I like.

If you'd like to outline specific megas and what changes you would make to them due to either integrity or balance concerns (please hold off until the discussion phase though), I'll bring them for consideration.

Going to draw up my vision for Mega Articuno in a bit, possibly more ice types than that.

Also Dragonite's main calling is the sheer amount of sets it can run. IMO any mega for it with competitive in mind should focus on filling either one of these more interesting sets, or another new role to increase its versatility.

Lumineon's missing because its a piece of shit that deserves nothing.

Actually I probably didn't catch it while making the slates; I used the list in the OP to weed out 'mons who were already either completed/reserved, but since some reservations dropped out without my knowledge, there's some holes in the slate. I'll keep Lumineon in mind--either we'll tack it onto a slate like we did with Celebi or if we need to it'll join "Lost Slate V2".
Or maybe you can just alter the slates normally since we haven't gotten to Lumineon yet.

Valzy

Destroyer of Worlds
is a Contributor Alumnus
Mega Biberal
Typing: Normal/Water --> Fighting/Water
Ability: Simple / Unaware--> Justified
Hp: 79
Attack: 85 --> 14 (-71)
Defense: 60--> 90 (+30)
Sp. Atk: 55 --> 129 (+74)
Sp. Def: 60--> 90 (+30)
Speed: 71 --> 108 (+37)
Total: 410 --> 510
Moves: +Secret Sword

Mega Biberal has a great offensive and defensive typing, giving it multiple opportunities to switch in and allows it to hit a majority of the tier for neutral damage. Biberal's signature move, Secret Sword, allows it to bypass many special walls such as Chansey, giving it a major niche over other special attackers such as Mega Charizard Y. Combined with its excellent base 129 Special Attack and base 108 Speed, this makes Biberal a powerful sweeper and revenge killer capable of devastating unprepared teams.

Last edited:
I'd really like the winning biberal submission to be able to abuse simple while in base form (i.e. switch in on something you force out, use a set up move, mega evolve the next turn.)

Mega Biberal
Typing: Normal/Water --> Fighting/Water
Ability: Simple / Unaware--> Justified
Hp: 79
Attack: 85 --> 14 (-71)
Defense: 60--> 90 (+30)
Sp. Atk: 55 --> 129 (+74)
Sp. Def: 60--> 90 (+30)
Speed: 71 --> 108 (+37)
Total: 410 --> 510
Moves: +Secret Sword

You are asking the impossible here.
Doexys-D without any attacks or taunt, chansey without status, aegislash with mono ghost coverage. There's plenty of top tier OU threats that are complete set up bait for you.

More seriously, anything below 71 speed gives you an opportunity to either amnesia or curse.

What idiot runs Aegislash with mono-Ghost and no Sacred Sword, Chansey without Toxic/Seismic Toss, or Deoxys-D without Taunt?
I've seen the last one a lot of times. The former two...not much. On the other hand, I have seen a couple of Aegislash with Swords Dance, Shadow Sneak, Iron Head, and King's Shield. And Iron Head only does 40% at +0

Even if you can force a switch by some miracle (what are the odds?), Bibarel at +2 isn't too scary. It still has quite a few weaknesses and poor stats to begin with.

SubToxic Aegislash uses mono-Ghost coverage
In this case it's a non-issue because Toxic = a dead Bibarel.

Kricketune-Mega
Type:Bug>>>Bug/Dragon
Stats: 77/85/51/55/51/65>>>77/145/101/55/101/5
Abilities: Swarm/Technician>>>Majestic as Fuck(maximizes{+6}the priority of all of the ability holder's moves)
Movepool: +Dragon Tail +Focus Punch
I don't care if this gets banned KTune needs to be OP after all the crimes GF has committed on it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)