Smogon's Official World Cup Discussion (Congrats to Glaucius on winning Pick'em!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soul Fly

IMMA TEACH YOU WHAT SPLASHIN' MEANS
is a Contributor Alumnus
I honestly didn't expect a half-fit Suarez to score. Wasn't in his fiery usual self but he sets stacked up his cards and took a collected chance. Good job!

Godin should have been sent off, Rooney should have scored, Hodgson's substitution tactics were fucking terrible

Either way our defence was incredibly crappy and deserved to be punished, credit to Uruguay for taking their chances

We can still get out of the group if Italy beat Costa Rica and then Uruguay while we knock 4 past Rica in the last game

/wishful thinking

shnen

שוני
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
uruguay still have a negative gd so we just need to beat cr edit: nvm I forgot about costa rica, I guess it depends on how they do against italy then
I'm crushed by that
poor refereeing, poor defending, frustrating play by rooney and just a poor performance overall
why are we so bad

Last edited:
If Uruguay lose to Italy, they're out.
England would then need to beat Costa Rica by 2, and have Costa Rica lose to Italy (If costa rica lose to italy by 3 or exactly 2-0, England only needs to win by 1).

Very possible.

Shiv

mostly harmless
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
James Rodriguez is really underrated outside of France. He is up there with Gotze, Neymar, Pogba, verratti, thiago, etc as the best young players.

Player of the Tournament for me so far.

Oh and I have to say Isn't Yaya toure suppose to be the best Cm in the world. Has been poor this world cup so far.
James Rodriguez is fantastic. Trust me, his valuation was anything but underrated.

Toure is not the best CM in the world. His defensive work is highly overrated IMO while he does have a good offensive presence (which is also boosted by the fact that he takes a lot of free kicks/penalties). I'd take a Ramsey/Vidal over him anyday.

Also, Juve's central midfield is nuts man. Pirlo, Pogba, Vidal. Damn.

Also, FYI, I'll be running a draft style fantasy tournament for the EPL this year. Did a small one last year and it was fantastic. If you want to join, drop me a message.

Shiv

mostly harmless
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
True that. I was counting guys who can do well both offensively/defensive but he's definitely been fantastic.

great game from suarez, but i counted like three times in that game where rooney should have scored but didn't

shade

be sharp, say nowt
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
im actually really upset because i feel like we played pretty well in our last two games and have been unfortunate to come out with two losses. years ago we expect to win and play like fucking disabled cunts but this year we expect to lose and actually end up playing decent footy, weird how it all works out. promising signs for future tournaments though

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
So I'm a dumb and just realized Tim Howard is from North Brunswick, the town where I live currently. Neat stuff, but I really should be more on top of this being in 'MURICA and all.

Imanalt

I'm the coolest girl you'll ever meet
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
interested in that fantasy thing as well

also intelligent people havent seriously been saying toure is best cm in the world lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)