Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers (Read the OP First!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just saying, but Mega Kanga is an uber. Anyway, Sableye is kanga's best counter. Also, anything with Rock Helmet, like Ferrothorn, Aegislash with sub, etc.
Well i know he is uber, but i still dont want to use an uber myself. Its just aggravating because soon as i see that thing i know its pretty much game over. Most bs pokemon ive seen.

I'm using Hitmontop as an Assault Vest bulky rapid spinner. Would Revenge be a better alternative to Close Combat? Or should I just use CC to be safe? I'm using Rapid Spin, Close Combat, Rock Slide, Earthquake.

Clone

Free Gliscor
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Also how is Sableye a counter? I assume Sucker Punch cant hit as long as im using prankster?
Priority Will o Wisp ignores Sucker Punch and he's immune to Return and Power Up Punch. Earthquake does pitiful damage comin off of a burned Mega Mom.

I am trying to find a teammate for the last slot on this team: latios, bisharp, gyarados, heatran, and breloom. Does anyone have an idea?
Since you're using a FWG combo, only resisted by Dragon, a good Dragon counter could be good. Which one? I don't know. I don't play enough on simulators. Probably Mega-Gardevoir, or if you don't want to use that I guess Pixiliate Hyper Voice Sylveon would do it.

Anywhere I can find a LV 50 set for Timid LO Yveltal?
I found this on Gamefaqs:

Yveltal @ Life Orb
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Oblivion Wing
- Dark Pulse
- Psychic
- Roost

Last edited:
Since you're using a FWG combo, only resisted by Dragon, a good Dragon counter could be good. Which one? I don't know. I don't play enough on simulators. Probably Mega-Gardevoir, or if you don't want to use that I guess Pixiliate Hyper Voice Sylveon would do it.

I found this on Gamefaqs:

Yveltal @ Life Orb
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Oblivion Wing
- Dark Pulse
- Psychic
- Roost
Substitute roost for focus blast. That's what I run and it's a dream. There isn't a need for roost when oblivion wing already heals so much

Also how is Sableye a counter? I assume Sucker Punch cant hit as long as im using prankster?
Mega Kanga can't touch Sableye with its strongest move, and if you're running a bulky Sableye the moves it can hit with (Crunch and EQ) won't be doing too much. Certainly not enough for you to switch in, get off a prankster Will-o-Wisp, and then stall with recover. M-Kanga can't even boost up on Sableye since Power up Punch can't connect.

The Mega Banette thread seems dead so ill ask it here

Having a really tough time choosing a build for Mega Banette. Let me know what you guys think
Move set 1

-Destiny Bond
-Will o Wisp
-Protect
-Phantom Force

I like this one but is Phantom Force going to benifit it since MBan isnt that fast? I mean ill basically have to setup with Protect, then WoW, Protect, then phantom force meaning i wouldve already been hit once. Is MBan strong enough to take two hits?

Move Set 2

-Destiny Bond
-Protect
-Disable
-Phantom Force

Since im setting up with Protect anyways i thought this would be the perfect chance to use Disable on the 2nd turn. Unfortunately losing out on WoW is kind of rough.

Move Set 3

-Destiny Bond
-Thunder Wave
-Will o Wisp
-Phantom Force

This one Id have to setup with Will o Wisp instead of protect which sucks because i lose out on prankstr first turn. However 2nd turn would be TWave allow Phantom Force to outspeed on the third turn. THough again because Protect isnt on th first turn id end up taking two hits before doing Phantom Force.

THe main problem is, Destiny bond and protect seems to be very important which makes the other two moves hard to pick. I mean you need at least one attack, and how do i pick the 4th? Disable, Will o wisp, and thunder wave all fits well but ugh. anybody have any suggestions?

The Mega Banette thread seems dead so ill ask it here

Having a really tough time choosing a build for Mega Banette. Let me know what you guys think
Move set 1

-Destiny Bond
-Will o Wisp
-Protect
-Phantom Force

I like this one but is Phantom Force going to benifit it since MBan isnt that fast? I mean ill basically have to setup with Protect, then WoW, Protect, then phantom force meaning i wouldve already been hit once. Is MBan strong enough to take two hits?

Move Set 2

-Destiny Bond
-Protect
-Disable
-Phantom Force

Since im setting up with Protect anyways i thought this would be the perfect chance to use Disable on the 2nd turn. Unfortunately losing out on WoW is kind of rough.

Move Set 3

-Destiny Bond
-Thunder Wave
-Will o Wisp
-Phantom Force

This one Id have to setup with Will o Wisp instead of protect which sucks because i lose out on prankstr first turn. However 2nd turn would be TWave allow Phantom Force to outspeed on the third turn. THough again because Protect isnt on th first turn id end up taking two hits before doing Phantom Force.

THe main problem is, Destiny bond and protect seems to be very important which makes the other two moves hard to pick. I mean you need at least one attack, and how do i pick the 4th? Disable, Will o wisp, and thunder wave all fits well but ugh. anybody have any suggestions?
Why would you use Phantom Force when Shadow Claw and Shadow Sneak exist? When you PF, your opponent will most likely switch into a Normal/Dark type, walling you. Anyway, just have one status instead of 2. Namely WoW over TWave. And OFC Destiny Bond is pretty brutal. So that should be used. Idk what else to suggest, sorry! :/

Why would you use Phantom Force when Shadow Claw and Shadow Sneak exist? When you PF, your opponent will most likely switch into a Normal/Dark type, walling you. Anyway, just have one status instead of 2. Namely WoW over TWave. And OFC Destiny Bond is pretty brutal. So that should be used. Idk what else to suggest, sorry! :/

Two reasons. One it does extra burn damage since it is a two turn move. 2nd off it breaks through King's shield. If somebody switches in that Mban cant effect, you just cripple another pokemon with Will o Wisp/Twave

Worst case scenario you just Destiny Bond that pokemon out

Two reasons. One it does extra burn damage since it is a two turn move. 2nd off it breaks through King's shield. If somebody switches in that Mban cant effect, you just cripple another pokemon with Will o Wisp/Twave

Worst case scenario you just Destiny Bond that pokemon out
Well I'm dumb. Maybe it's just because I don't use MBanette XD

In what order do abilities/effects occur when a Pokemon enters the field, mainly regarding Trace? If I switch in a Gardevoir against Clefable, does it Trace Magic Guard before or after taking Hazard damage? Similarly, what about Levitate?

In what order do abilities/effects occur when a Pokemon enters the field, mainly regarding Trace? If I switch in a Gardevoir against Clefable, does it Trace Magic Guard before or after taking Hazard damage? Similarly, what about Levitate?
I'm unsure about the hazard question, but I'd guess you still take hazard damage since you switch in before tracing the ability. However, tracing the ability does occur before the opponent attacks so if you switch in on a Levitator using EQ, you won't be hit. Same goes for switching into a Heatran's Lava Plume with trace; you will absorb it with Flash Fire.

Hazards damage occurs before abilities are activated.

So what do you all think about an Adament Speed Boost Sharpedo vs a Timid Protean Greninja.

The thing is, Greninja can change typings and get STAB with all his attacks but his SP.atk is 103+Life orb compared to Sharpedo's 120+Adament+Lifeorb

Both are incredibly frail going out in one attack most of the time. Sharpedo is weaker in this category so much less defensive, but pairing speed boost with Destiny Bond would help out with that.

Both threats to them seems to be priority moves, or anything they cant defeat in one hit.

So what do you all think is better?

Last edited:
So what do you all think about an Adament Speed Boost Sharpedo vs a Timid Protean Greninja.

The thing is, Greninja can change typings and get STAB with all his attacks but his SP.atk is 103+Life orb compared to Sharpedo's 120+Adament+Lifeorb

Both are incredibly frail going out in one attack most of the time. Sharpedo is weaker in this category so much less defensive, but pairing speed boost with Destiny Bond would help out with that.

Both threats to them seems to be priority moves, or anything they cant defeat in one hit.

So what do you all think is better?
Isn't Sharpedo UU and Greninja OU? Why are you comparing them?

Isn't Sharpedo UU and Greninja OU? Why are you comparing them?
That was last generation and Sharpedo didnt have Destiny bond then. I find this to be a very viable comparison. Both are frail that usually gets knocked out in one hit and both are fast and offensive. THe key differences is that Sharpedo's speed comes off SPeed Boost which protect will put him in a class of his own, as well as he is more offensive than Greninja so more chances for OHKO's. When you know you cant beat a pokemon, because of speed boost it is incredibly easy to destiny bond that pokemon out.

That was last generation and Sharpedo didnt have Destiny bond then. I find this to be a very viable comparison. Both are frail that usually gets knocked out in one hit and both are fast and offensive. THe key differences is that Sharpedo's speed comes off SPeed Boost which protect will put him in a class of his own, as well as he is more offensive than Greninja so more chances for OHKO's. When you know you cant beat a pokemon, because of speed boost it is incredibly easy to destiny bond that pokemon out.
Well even then Sharpedo and Greninja aren't similar in any way. Besides their typing and both being frail offense Pokemon they don't have a lot in common. Sharpedo is a late game cleaner that works incredibly well after all it's checks and counters are shut down. It generally gets in safely by sacrificing another Pokemon and using Protect the first turn and then obtaining a +1 speed stat thanks to Speed Boost. Sharpedo needs a lot of support but it is still a good late game cleaner. Meanwhile Greninja doesn't need as much support as Sharpedo and thus is generally the better option. Greninja relies more on moves like U Turn for scouting and moves like Extrasensory to break walls like Mega Venusaur.

KingHeracrossTheBug, Sharpedo is RU, but that doesn't stop you from using it effectively in OU. However, Greninja is much better than Sharpedo in general because with Protean, its damage output is much higher, its coverage is much better (this is important as it lets Greninja beat important Pokemon such as Keldeo and Mega Venusaur which laugh at Sharpedo), and it can actually take a hit once in a while, unlike Sharpedo. Moreover, Sharpedo functions as a late-game cleaner, so it struggles in a tier which as much priority as OU. However, Sharpedo isn't an awful choice in OU, it just needs a ton of support, unlike Greninja.

Is there a thread where I can see the reasons why mon's like Infernape and Lucario are UU, but Quagsire is OU? I don't understand why Lucario is UU, M-Lucario Uber but Pinsir is OU and only the Mega form is useable in OU?

I would like to read the reasons to different 'mons

thanks

Is there a thread where I can see the reasons why mon's like Infernape and Lucario are UU, but Quagsire is OU? I don't understand why Lucario is UU, M-Lucario Uber but Pinsir is OU and only the Mega form is useable in OU?

I would like to read the reasons to different 'mons

thanks
Pokemon are tiered by usage. Lucario and Infernape are mediocre in OU and don't get used enough, so they fell to UU, while Quagsire is good and used a lot so it rose to OU.

Pokemon are tiered by usage. Lucario and Infernape are mediocre in OU and don't get used enough, so they fell to UU, while Quagsire is good and used a lot so it rose to OU.
But, that's no reason. Last Gen nobody played Metagross and it was still OU. I don't think it's a good system wich let all mon's in OU who has an usage of about 3,4%

But, that's no reason. Last Gen nobody played Metagross and it was still OU. I don't think it's a good system wich let all mon's in OU who has an usage of about 3,4%
If we didn't base tiers off of usage, tiering would be way too complicated and subjective. Tiering by usage lets us have tiers that are based off of raw data and not people's opinions, which makes things so much smoother. Here's a link to the usage stats btw: http://www.smogon.com/forums/thread...ge-statistics-discussion-thread-mk-2.3508502/

And for the record, I think all of the Pokemon in OU are actually good in it, unlike all of the other tiers. (Except for the BP mons obviously but those don't really count)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)