Pokémon Sableye

Status
Not open for further replies.
This would make sense... if they gave Sableye another three weaknesses (and yes Xerneas is OP but he can actually get hit). Without another weakness, GF would have to be insane to do that. The Wonder Guard ability is meant to be used on super-weak pokemon (not Sableye by the way) with multiple weaknesses. Why even consider this? Most likely, the gem is either a buffer, a free Substitute, or a defensive boost. Wonder Guard? Us Sableye fans (including me) wish
I'm thinking something more along the lines of Fur coat in that it boosts its defenses by 50% or something, which is still pretty damn OP if it gets a buff in its defenses. It's starting to worry me, I love Sableye. Sableye and Mawile are my favorite pokes from Gen 3, Mawile is all kinds of viable in OU, I don't want Sableye getting so buffed to where I can't use it in OU. :/

I'm thinking something more along the lines of Fur coat in that it boosts its defenses by 50% or something, which is still pretty damn OP if it gets a buff in its defenses. It's starting to worry me, I love Sableye. Sableye and Mawile are my favorite pokes from Gen 3, Mawile is all kinds of viable in OU, I don't want Sableye getting so buffed to where I can't use it in OU. :/
Well at most they would ban its Mega Stone, no point banning regular Sableye too (see: Lucario, Kang)

Completely agreed. However, I think his Mega having better defenses might get him to OU (with the mega), but it won't put him in Uber. By the way, I'm happy to meet another Gen 3 user. I really haven't played almost any pokemon since then, and have had White 2 for almost a week lol

oh man Sableye's getting a Mega!
I sure hope he gets a buffed up prankster of sorts.. 'cause if he gets a different ability and he loses priority Recover, I'll stick with the regular one.

Anty

let's drop
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
All we have seen of mega sabeleye is a 1 minute video. No ability has been released and you are suggesting it could go to ubers

wtf

edit: to make this not a complete shit post: Currently i see little niche for sabeleye for usage in ou, but prankster taunt could be nice for baton pass or stall. Just realised this thing wrecks chansey/blissey 0.0

All we have seen of mega sabeleye is a 1 minute video. No ability has been released and you are suggesting it could go to ubers

wtf

edit: to make this not a complete shit post: Currently i see little niche for sabeleye for usage in ou, but prankster taunt could be nice for baton pass or stall. Just realised this thing wrecks chansey/blissey 0.0
The description that was given along with the video allows us to speculate on what could be given to Sableye.
No need to come in here rustling feathers and puffing your chest.

'it hides behind a jewel.' OMG broken af, pls ban
"From behind the shelter of the jewel, it can readily exploit the opponent’s weaknesses and take advantage of any openings. It is said that the jewel hardens into such strength that no attack can even make a scratch!"

You're trying a little too hard bud.

We're allowed to speculate, there's no need for your arrogance.

Anty

let's drop
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Yes, it is broken.. if it's Wonder Guard. So, if you feel like speculating on what it is, please continue talking. If you feel like being a rude little bitch, leave the thread.
lol irony. You cannot say something is broken on speculation. Before people had worked out zygardes base stats they thought it would be ubers and it really isnt.

I don't know if we are supposed to be speculating or not, but since everyone else is doing it, I will too. Judging by the flavor description, I think Mega Sableye might get an ability that raises its defenses each turn (like Speed Boost). It would definitely "take advantage of any opening" since getting that first defense boost would probably make it very difficult to kill and it would eventually get to the point where "no attack can even make a scratch" (at least it would be extremely difficult to kill a Mega Sableye with +6 in both defenses). Of course, this is complete speculation and Mega Sableye's actual ability could be very different. Also, Game Freak doesn't seem to like defensive Pokemon that much, so I am probably wrong.

Deleted User 220884

Banned deucer.
Im pretty sure, your going to get the Mega Stones in OR and AS during the Post game like X/Y.

Mega Sableye is most likely going to have huge defence buffs. I think the ability is going to be somewhere related to the big gem it has. Wonder Guard is too OP, IF it does get it

Pyritie

TAMAGO
is an Artist
Considering game freak hasn't given any trainer a shedinja since gen 3 (I think) because it might be too difficult for the little kids to understand, I don't think they'd give it to something that's going to get as much publicity as a mega

As much as I hate speculating on Pokémon as it sets high expectations, I feel sableye will get a Truant like ability to where every other damaging attack against him will miss him. This way in a sense he has useful recovery, has some counterplay and matches his flavor text decently.

As much as I hate speculating on Pokémon as it sets high expectations, I feel sableye will get a Truant like ability to where every other damaging attack against him will miss him. This way in a sense he has useful recovery, has some counterplay and matches his flavor text decently.
How is that not OP? It will wreak havoc in Singles, Doubles, Triples and Rotation with that kind of ability

How is that not OP? It will wreak havoc in Singles, Doubles, Triples and Rotation with that kind of ability
I never said it wasnt OP? It would still be vunerable to status moves, players would know when to switch out and counter play its ability. Its just a thought I had after watching the video for the first time.

If that stone isnt just decoration but relates to his ability, i imagine it to get something like fur coat, probably for both defences (wouldnt be op, as he would lose prankster).
however the stone is may also just there to "explain" a probably high rise in both defensive stats. this in combination with something like "super prankster"(+2 priority for non attacking moves and +1 for attacking moves) would be what i would like to see.

Not sure if someone had suggested this but anyway just some thoughts.

Considering it's hiding behind the gem, it kinda give the image of the sub mechanic. So it would be interesting if it's a new ability that gives sableye one free sub everytime it mega or switch in.

That would make it a damn good status absorber and it gets a free safe switch everytime (unless it's multiple hit move).

Another thought is that, like some ppl mentioning about wonder guard and the possibility of having two possible mega form. It could be that one form is immune to physical attack while the other one (different gem and mega stone) is immune to special attack. If that's the case it would be damn op though lol. Anyway it's just some thought.

If that stone isnt just decoration but relates to his ability, i imagine it to get something like fur coat, probably for both defences (wouldnt be op, as he would lose prankster).
however the stone is may also just there to "explain" a probably high rise in both defensive stats. this in combination with something like "super prankster"(+2 priority for non attacking moves and +1 for attacking moves) would be what i would like to see.
SUPER PRANKSTER!? dear God.

So much for a stronger version of prankster....unless sableye gets a disgusting stat boost, I see no merit to using Mega Sableye over regular Sableye. I rather use Mega Absol as a Magic Bounce mega over Mega Sableye since Absol has a much better offensive movepool.

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
So much for a stronger version of prankster....unless sableye gets a disgusting stat boost, I see no merit to using Mega Sableye over regular Sableye. I rather use Mega Absol as a Magic Bounce mega over Mega Sableye since Absol has a much better offensive movepool.
See here's the thing, it depends on how you look at it and it depends on how much these stat boosts will be taken into play. The way I look if it is indeed magic bounce it can pressure hazard setters and be a safeguard of sorts against support heavy mons. On the off chance they go to attack instead of lay a hazard or use a support move in general, if it gets an adequate boost in defense stats, it won't have to worry too much about taking heavy damage. Yeah losing prankster would kind of suck but right now it's really all speculation. It may or may not work well in practice in the near future we'll just have to wait and see.

"When Sableye Mega Evolves, its Defense and Sp. Attack stats both get big boosts. Its Speed stat does decrease slightly."
An annoyer to a Bulky Attacker? Well alright then. We'll see how this plays out.

Oh yeah! Remember how Speed Mechanics work? Well on the turn it Mega Evolves, it gets an Un-tauntable Priority Nasty Plot. Among a number of status moves it has.

"When Sableye Mega Evolves, its Defense and Sp. Attack stats both get big boosts. Its Speed stat does decrease slightly."
An annoyer to a Bulky Attacker? Well alright then. We'll see how this plays out.
Dark/Ghost are both the most spammable attacks in the game right now. I can see a mixed attacking set with Knock Off/Dark Pulse/Dazzling Gleam?/Wow (Or Taunt, or recover). I'm looking forward to seeing its stat distribution to see if theres any merit to using it over Mega Absol who can boost its stats but has more weaknesses.

Dark/Ghost are both the most spammable attacks in the game right now. I can see a mixed attacking set with Knock Off/Dark Pulse/Dazzling Gleam?/Wow (Or Taunt, or recover). I'm looking forward to seeing its stat distribution to see if theres any merit to using it over Mega Absol who can boost its stats but has more weaknesses.
Yeah. I was freaking out originally. But when I remembered the Speed Mechanics with Mega Evolutions, now I can see this thing isn't that bad. It should get a SpAtk base stat of at least 105. Plus with Priority before it Megas, it should be good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)