Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

MJB

Sup Peeps
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnus
Have limber ditto banned in the smogon doubles battle format just to prevent confusion as to why it can't use the only move it can use.
It cant do anything because you had assault vest equipped, as explained in the other thread.

It has literally nothing to do with the ability limber or that it was doubles... (You can't use transform with assault vest for obvious reasons)

scorpdestroyer

it's a skorupi egg
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
idk if this has been suggested before but can you make it such that rooms automatically display the roomdesc when you join the room? it helps people who don't frequent the forums to keep updated, this is also done with irc topics so I don't see why not PS. Thanks :)

idk if this has been suggested before but can you make it such that rooms automatically display the roomdesc when you join the room? it helps people who don't frequent the forums to keep updated, this is also done with irc topics so I don't see why not PS. Thanks :)
I believe this has been suggested before and again I think it's on the to-do list :]

Crestfall

levitate, levitate, levitate, levitate
Don't quote me but I imagine that won't be implemented until after we get the "roomdesc revamp" implemented (being worked om by sirDonovan). It involves a larger character limit for the description AND a separate line for linking Room Rules, thus allowing even more area for the description. However I think its not done yet, hopefully after that finishes we can see scorp's idea come to fruition.

I do believe that there should be a way to temporarily stop ladder decay, as some people may have urgent matters, like maybe visiting their relatives overseas with no access to internet, or exams etc. Like, for every few minutes you play, you accumulate time for decay to stop when needed?

I do believe that there should be a way to temporarily stop ladder decay, as some people may have urgent matters, like maybe visiting their relatives overseas with no access to internet, or exams etc. Like, for every few minutes you play, you accumulate time for decay to stop when needed?
This would be way too easily abused by players who just simply don't want decay.

MJB

Sup Peeps
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnus
decay isn't to punish you for not playing, its more to a) keep the ladder up to date with the CURRENT battling userbase and b) account for the minor loss of skill from not playing for an extended amount of time

Krauersaut

h.t.d.t.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
This has probably already been suggested multiple times, but I'm too lazy to sift through 78 pages of suggestions.

A Friends List

Sometimes, you have an awesome battle with someone, and would A) love to do it again, B) like to know when they're online or C) chat with them about the meta in general. Other times, you can be in the chatroom of your favorite tier, and be making some new buddies. With a friends list, similar to the one on League of Legends, you could know when your friends are online, be able to PM them with a click, and show their status (E.G In <insert tier here> queue, AFK/Away, In Battle, Available).

Mrrrrrrrrp.

This has probably already been suggested multiple times, but I'm too lazy to sift through 78 pages of suggestions.

A Friends List

Sometimes, you have an awesome battle with someone, and would A) love to do it again, B) like to know when they're online or C) chat with them about the meta in general. Other times, you can be in the chatroom of your favorite tier, and be making some new buddies. With a friends list, similar to the one on League of Legends, you could know when your friends are online, be able to PM them with a click, and show their status (E.G In <insert tier here> queue, AFK/Away, In Battle, Available).

Mrrrrrrrrp.
It has already been completed, but would put too much strain on the server currently. It's being optimised at the moment.

A Friends List

Mrrrrrrrrp.
If you want to see the code its here :]

This may have been said before, but we really should have a send button for the chat. Since I use Showdown on my Wii U, I'm actually missing out on a lot it seems, since pressing the "OK" button (which is on it's virtual keyboard) on chat does nothing. I would've also recommended saved teams, but I know that would be too much for the server to handle, so i'll hold that thought.

This may have been said before, but we really should have a send button for the chat. Since I use Showdown on my Wii U, I'm actually missing out on a lot it seems, since pressing the "OK" button (which is on it's virtual keyboard) on chat does nothing. I would've also recommended saved teams, but I know that would be too much for the server to handle, so i'll hold that thought.
I think this is a good suggestion and would benefit a lot of users too. Also it shouldn't be too hard to implement as it would literally just be equivalent to pressing the enter button.

Quarkz

dGltZSBmb3IgbWUgdG8gbW92ZSBvbg==
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I think this is a good suggestion and would benefit a lot of users too. Also it shouldn't be too hard to implement as it would literally just be equivalent to pressing the enter button.
I think it is an issue that may well need addressing for users like you NEXandGBX but I personally like not having a submit button. It could be more viable to make it toggle-able, possibly on by default so if people want it, they don't have to ask around for it.

Wouldn't it be nice to have scheduled OU tournaments thrice a day? Like, 12:00(noon) for GTM-5,12;00 for GMT 0 and 12:00 at GMT +5 to cover different areas of the world :) i think this is a very good idea and it would make the server a lot better in general.You could also have a leaderboard that displays the person with the most tournament wins. I dont think that would be too hard to code :)

Wouldn't it be nice to have scheduled OU tournaments thrice a day? Like, 12:00(noon) for GTM-5,12;00 for GMT 0 and 12:00 at GMT +5 to cover different areas of the world :) i think this is a very good idea and it would make the server a lot better in general.You could also have a leaderboard that displays the person with the most tournament wins. I dont think that would be too hard to code :)
We have constant tournaments in the Tournaments room. We can't make the script run them as there aren't always staff there to man them. When the script is fully functional, tours will be much more frequent.

Well, i guess so....
But me and a few others live in NON-AMERICA time zones and it is so annoying to want to participate in a tournament and it is on at like 2AM for you.

Well, i guess so....
But me and a few others live in NON-AMERICA time zones and it is so annoying to want to participate in a tournament and it is on at like 2AM for you.
I'm pretty sure some ROs live in non-american time zones too. Also just use the /tour command to find a tour (there is usually always one running).

Sapphire.

Es gibt Licht, wo immer Sie sind
is a Contributor Alumnus
Hey again.

I don't know if anyone suggested this, but maybe you guys can add a /resist command or something? I mean there is a /weak command so why not something that can do the opposite? :p

also Sunako or someone who knows what to do, fix the /data nature command so it can read something like "/data timid nature" :3

Hey again.

I don't know if anyone suggested this, but maybe you guys can add a /resist command or something? I mean there is a /weak command so why not something that can do the opposite? :p

also Sunako or someone who knows what to do, fix the /data nature command so it can read something like "/data timid nature" :3
/resist is not a thing yet but you can do /eff type, type or /eff move, type or /eff move, pokemon and you'll get an equivalent response

scorpdestroyer

it's a skorupi egg
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
speaking of /resist, could there be some way to search for Pokemon that resist certain type combinations? It's quite useful when teambuilding and you want to cover weaknesses. eg. My team is weak to Fire and Ground, and using this command gives a list of Pokemon that resist these types?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)