Ubers Premier League - Week 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

yohoE

I'm jus Here for da memes r wateva dem shits called
why is it every post i see from you are either whining or being obnoxious? was it really needed to quote the post and leave a comment saying 'outplayed' like that Mr Dracomaster, theres a reason why you don't see anyone else doing that. js
I think this every time I see you and 95% of the Pokemon community post. It's not just him and the DracoMasters.

Hugendugen

Noam Chompsky.
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
This is a very tricky situation, but we've made a decision. Tanking rounds in order to gain an advantage later in the tournament is unacceptable behavior. It's unsportsmanlike and disadvantages some teams simply through the order of play. In most sports, it can even lead to immediate disqualification. However, since it was not specifically mentioned in the rules, I don't feel comfortable straight up dq'ing the Drizzlers.

As it was Melee Mewtwo who asked his players to throw their games, he will be given an Unsportsmanlike Conduct infraction and will be removed as manager of the Drizzlers. He can choose a member of his team to take over as manager for the remainder of the tournament. From now on, any player found to have deliberately thrown a game will be infracted and removed from the tournament.

As for how we'll be deciding who faces the Drizzlers in the final, there are a few possible outcomes. First of all, Nayrz vs Steelskitty and Piexplode vs Tesung will be replayed. Now:
  • If both the Zekroms and the Rayquazas lose this week, the result of the Drizzler game is irrelevant, as the Helix Fossils would qualify regardless. In this case, the Fossils will play the Drizzlers in the final.
  • If the Fossils lose and either of the Rayquazas or the Zekroms win, whichever team finishes 2nd will face off against the Drizzlers in the final.
  • If the Fossils win and either of the Rayquazas or the Zekroms win, the Fossils will face the 3rd placed team in a playoff to decide who reaches the final.
  • If the Fossils and the Drizzlers tie, there are a few options:
    • If the Fossils end up 2nd and either of the Rayquaza or the Zekroms win, there will be a playoff game between the Fossils and whoever finishes 3rd.
    • If the Fossils end up 3rd or 4th, whichever team finishes 2nd will meet the Drizzlers in the final.
If a playoff is required, the winner will be decided in a Bo3, with 1 XY, 1 BW and 1 DPP game. Managers will submit their three players and the players will then have 4 days to complete their games, but should strive to get them done ASAP.

This should set the precedent that deliberately throwing games to rig the tournament, absolutely will not be accepted in future.

Last edited:

Hugendugen

Noam Chompsky.
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Slight change of plans: Instead of voiding the two thrown games, the players will be required to replay. I'm willing to grant a short extension, but they should ideally be completed before the deadline.

lol why's everyone gettin worked up about the oh so prestigious upl smh

i agree w/ eo tho go team!

Fireburn

BARN ALL
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Due to the fiasco with the Drizzlers, I will be extending the deadline to June 25, 10 PM EST. This is the only extension I'm granting for this round.

This is 2 days longer than the usual deadline so I'm expecting matches to be completed. :]

Got on the time soviet arranged, pm'ed him twice, and he didn't reply. Activiti :]
edit:nvm confused with timezones. also, i dont think i'd be able to come on his arranged time, cuz it'll be pretty late night for me, and my mom is strict!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)