• Yes

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Hell yeah

Votes: 16 44.4%
  • N-yes

Votes: 11 30.6%

• Total voters
Team Steelshatter

Hello once again, Smogon! I am ra02 and I want to show you a team that was supposed to be based on one of my new favorite pokemons, Aggron. I wanted to make this team because I saw a Rock Polish M-Aggron set used by a user on PS! named Epsilon Key 14 and I wanted to try it too but after testing out the team I realized I shouldn't really center it around a pokemon and instead make the team a little more balanced by making sure that the key to it's success is to make sure that most members are healthy.
(i dont know if i make sense im just trying to sound fancy)

Strategy:

The strategy I use is to lead with Hydreigon and kill as much Pokes as I can and then switch out to an appropriate member and stall a bit until most of the threats that can kill Aggron are gone. Then I set up with Aggron and let him go berserk.

The Team:

Blue Dragon (Hydreigon) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 Atk / 252 Spd
Rash Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Earthquake
- U-Turn

Hydreigon is normally my lead, hitting something hard before going away. He's also my answer to Ground moves. His EVs are the typical spread in order to maximize his speed and attack. I have Choice Scarf since Hydreigon isn't really fast and it needs that boost to be more useful. Draco Meteor is the move that hits hard here and it is a STAB. Dark Pulse is there for STAB too. EQ is so that I don't get walled by special walls. U-turn is for momentum. Hydreigon can serve as a Volt-turn member too if I need it.

Foxtrot (Jolteon) @ Expert Belt
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power Ice
- Signal Beam

Jolteon is my Revenge Killer. It hits hard and it covers alot of mons. Even though HP was nerfed, Jolteon is still a useful mon in my team. The EV Spread is also typical, one that will maximize its Speed and SP. Atk. I use Expert Belt because LO sucks and Jolteon will die too quickly if it uses it. I'm considering using Specs but I want you guys to decide. T-bolt is for STAB and it hits harder than Volt Switch, Volt Switch is for STAB, momentum and for Volt-turning. The other two moves are just for coverage.

Jelly (Tentacruel) @ Leftovers
Ability: Liquid Ooze
Happiness: 0
EVs: 240 SDef / 252 HP / 16 Spd
Careful Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Waterfall
- Knock Off
- Protect

Tentacruel is my Special Wall. The EVs are used because the PS! Teambuilder told me to. It's kind of the same EV spread that Daxid told me so it works. The 16 Speed EVs are used so that Tentacruel can outspeed base 80 Speed pokemon such as Chandelure.
Waterfall is for STAB since I don't really need Scald to burn anymore because I have 2 WoW users. Rapid Spin is for removing Hazards. Knock Off is actually remarkably useful for Tentacruel and Protect is for Scouting. I use Liquid Ooze instead of Rain Dish because Rain is rare and Giga Drain is not so rare. It kinda sucks that Tenta doesn't have any form of recovery other than Leftovers. Probably Aqua Ring but it's... meh. I'll probably test it though.

Secretary (Arcanine) (F) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 44 SDef / 248 HP / 216 Def
Impish Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Extreme Speed
- Will-O-Wisp
- Morning Sun

Arcanine actually serves as my Physicall wall. Intimidate is such a great ability and when partnered with Will-O-Wisp, pretty much nothing Physical OHKOs it. (except for a Focus Energy Sniper Hydro Pump Kingdra but that isn't Physical lel) Flare Blitz is for damage since Morning Sun can heal it back and E-Speed is for patching up Arcanine's speed. I don't necessarily know what the EVs are for but hey, they work for me!

K (Sableye) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 Spd
Calm Nature
- Foul Play
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt

Sableye serves as the glue for the team, switching in when noone can the opposing mon out. Like Arcanine, when Sableye WoWs something, no physical attack can take it out. It helps Aggron a lot. Foul Play is there for those pesky Physical Attackers thinking they can damage Sableye and for the Ghost and Psychic Types in the tier, it's an incredibly useful move on Sableye. Taunt is to stop other Mons from setting up. Recover for longevity. EV spread is like that because WoW is pretty much like getting a Cotton Guard up. I'm considering switching Toxic with Night Shade, what do you guys think? Ban the stone not the pokemon! Sableye needs to stay in UU!

Boss (Aggron) (F) @ Aggronite
Ability: Sturdy / Filter
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Rock Polish
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
- Power-Up Punch

Aggron, probably the best UU mon right now and that is no joke. Base 230 Defense laughs at your life and that Atk base stat is no laughing matter too. Mega-Aggron is deadly crazy when used properly and when given the right team to surround him. The EV spread is there to maximize its attack and no Speed EVs are invested because of Rock Polish. 2 RPs allow it to outspeed most of the UU tier only being slower to mons like Jolteon, Alakazam-M and Crobat. Heavy Slam deals helluvalot of damage to anything that doesn't resist it or anything that is lighter than Aggron. EQ is for coverage and P-U Punch is for that needed boost to hit really really really hard. I might need to post a replay sometime to show this beast in action.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-128256782 i begged him not to forfeit but...

Things I want for this Team:

Some things I want for this team is probably a Hazard Setter, and something that answers Florges other than Aggron. I don't necessarily need them all on my team though.

So there you have it! That is my team and I hope you guys rate it and help me improve the team. Thank you to everyone in advance! (assuming u guys actually rate ;-;)
See you all.

Edit: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-127905576 some people will go here because of this

IMPORTABLE

Foxtrot (Jolteon) @ Expert Belt
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Signal Beam

Jelly (Tentacruel) @ Leftovers
EVs: 240 SDef / 252 HP / 16 Spd
Careful Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Waterfall
- Knock Off
- Protect

Boss (Aggron) (F) @ Aggronite
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Rock Polish
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
- Power-Up Punch

Blue Dragon (Hydreigon) (F) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Rash Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Earthquake
- U-turn

Secretary (Arcanine) (F) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 SDef
Impish Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Extreme Speed
- Will-O-Wisp
- Morning Sun

K (Sableye) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 Spd
Calm Nature
- Foul Play
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt

PAST MEMBERS
Blissey (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Bold Nature
- Heal Bell
- Seismic Toss
- Wish
- Thunder Wave

Last edited:
Hi! Pretty good team and coverage in general. I think some things can be changed:

-Run Foul Play on Sableye instead of Toxic. It's incredibly strong against Physical Sweeper, even if they resist it.
-I don't think Hydreigon needs Roost because if it's hit he probably won't survive (and his average speed won't help...). You may consider Choice Scarf. It works really well, thanks to it's great offensive typing and movepool's coverage!-Your team have a lacks of priority (ES on defensive Arcanine won't deal incredible damages).

-3 of your mon's are weak to Ground an you have nothing to deal with it even if they aren't a lot of Ground threats in UU. HP Ice on Jolteon is a must have.
-If you want a Hazard setter think about Aggron-M. I personally run it Careful 252HP 252SpD 4Att with Stealth Rock, T-Wave, Iron Head, EQ. It can take every physical move in the game (mainly in UU), and set up his hazard/T-wave the threats. This set works perfectly with a U-Turn/Volt Switch based team.

So these are my changes I propose on your team! Good game!

P.S.: Sorry for my average english, I hope you managed reading it x)

Hey thanks for the reply. If I replace something on Jolteon with HP Ice, which should I replace?
I'll try all those sets (other than the Aggron one since I've tried that and I prefer this set) and I'll edit this post once I do.

(Also, I've realized I need a Hazard Remover more than anything else.)

Replace Signal Beam on Jolteon. Tentacruel is the best Hazard Remover in UU in my opinion. I run it Calm 252HP 252SpD 4Def, Rapid Spinner, Toxic, Scald, Knock Off/Protect. It's also a beautiful Special Wall. If you choose it, I think replacing Blissey is a good idea (since your team isn't really weak to statuts). May add a Wallbreaker like Infernape or Salamence (even if I don't think they will stay in UU...).

Last edited:
I've tested foul play on sable and it worked really damn well. I replaced shadow ball instead of signal beam on jolteon since I thnk my team needs it more. I like how tentacruel fits in my team but I just need to predict better with it as I make mistakes on switching it out on an elec attack when jolteon can absorb it. Thanks for the rate Daxid definitely helped me.

Will update original post tomorrow as I am on mobile rn.

Sword dance lucario can be a real threat to your team with one sword dance it can pretty run its course through the team. Same with infernape so a good fighting counter to it would work well

These descriptions need improving. Saying "I don't know what the EVs are for" is not a good way to write descriptions for RMTs. Here, I'll help you out. The 16 Speed EVs on Tenta are for outspeeding positive speed nature base 80s such as Chandelure, which Tenta can check much easier if it outspeeds. The 248 HP on Arcanine allows it to switch in 4 times into Stealth Rock, and also let Leftovers heal as much as possible. These are called "Lefties numbers".

Just from looking over your Pokemon selection, I can see that you have a HUGE ground type weakness. Any boosted Earthquake user could rip you apart. It seems to me that the best way to deal with this would be to run a Celebi instead of a Jolteon. Jolteon has a weakness to ground, and doesn't seem to do much else for the team.

Celebi Leftovers - Modest ( Natural Cure )
Evs: 220 HP / 252 SpA + / 36 Spe
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power Ice
- Recover
- Heal Bell / U-Turn

Leaf Storm is the obvious STAB, used to damage any ground type, and damage everything else. HP Ice is a nice backup, and good for Flygon as it resists Leaf Storm. Recover is to keep Celebi alive longer, and able to switch in and out healthily. Heal Bell is favored over U-Turn because your team will get shut down by status quite quickly.

-

Hydreigon Choice Specs - Timid ( Levitate )
Evs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe +
- Earth Power
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast ( To deal with Lucario )
- Dark Pulse

Hydreigon is a fragile one-use special sweeper, and should have a moveset that helps him do what he does best. Earthquake is simply a pain in the butt to EV for, when you can just use Earth Power. U-Turn is deemed pointless by the fact that Hydreigon has too many common weaknesses.

-

Mega Aggron is a total bulky sweeper. With no EVs to assist his base 50 speed, not even Rock Polish will make Aggron get anywhere quicker. If you want to stick with the speed stacker, here's your standard set.

Aggron @Aggronite - Adamant ( Sturdy -> Filter )
Evs: 4 HP / 252 Atk + / 252 Spe
- Rock Polish
- Heavy Slam
- Bulldoze / Earthquake
- Rock Slide

If that just doesn't work out for you, this is the regular set. It portrays Aggron as a total tank more than a speed stacker.

Aggron @Aggronite - Impish ( Sturdy -> Filter )
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def + / 4 Atk
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave / Dragon Tail
- Earthquake
- Iron Head

Stealth Rock is there to help the rest of your team deal with the remains of your opponent's team, assuming that Aggron will be used as a late game tank. Thunder Wave or Dragon Tail both work great, with Thunder Wave being better for late game ( again ). Earthquake and Iron Head are there to simply dish out as much damage as possible before Aggron gets hit with a special attack. With a Reflect up, Aggron could play a bit more easily, but is not needed.

252+ Atk (custom) Sacred Sword vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Filter Aggron through Reflect: 34-41 (9.88 - 11.91%) -- 9HKO at best [ GG, Aegislash. ]

I will try your suggestions StarShift, except for the set with SR for Aggron. I prefer sticking with the speed stacking sets. Also, I prefer PuP over Rock type moves overall since I always miss and it pisses me off. I might try Bulldoze though. Thanks for the rate! Will update when done testing or when I get a hold of a PC ;-;

Alright I've tested the sets.
1st off is Celebi. This thing just doesn't work out forr my team. Yeah, it can heal bell but that's pretty much it. Leaf storm and hp ice just doesn't cover much. Overall this thing sucks balls. Sorry lol Im just frustrated with it.

2nd is Bulldoze on Aggron. Imo rock polish is better than bulldoze. EQ is just far too good to be replaced.

3rd is Specs Hydreigon. This one worked better than the others. It hits hard but it's far too slow and it's not very bulky so Scarf just really works better for me.

Thank you very much for the rate though StarShift, I appreciate it!

Nice team you have here, I would just like to suggest something.

The set you are running right now on Tentacruel as a Specially Defensive Wall is not being used to the fullest. I would suggest an Assault Vest set instead, as with Assault Vest and max SpD, you can reach a Special Defense stat of > 500. While you will be losing wall moves such as Toxic or Protect, overall full on bulk would really help you out, and he is also a pretty nice partner for Aggron since he can switch into SpA fire types like Chandelure.

This is the set I would recommend:

Tentacruel (M) @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spd
or 252 / 240 SpD / 16 Spd (go for max HP and max SpD if you want to peak 500 SpD)
Nature: Calm
Moves:
- Scald
(overall better than Waterfall since if you're lucky to get a burn you will also be living against some physical attacks)
- Ice Beam (for ground types)
- Sludge Bomb (powerful STAB)
- Rapid Spin (since Rapid Spin is an attacking move you can still use it on an Assault Vest set.)
So yeah, this is pretty much all I suggest. Everything else looks good, congrats! Good luck! :]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)