5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

shiny finder

forever searching
is a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Chatot Wrangler
Hi,
I wanted to try to rng a few pokemon but I cant get the rng reporter because none of the download links I tried is working.
And now I want to know if it's still possible to get it ?
Here's the latest alpha (so it may have some bugs). http://bit.ly/18dL3gx

I linked some encounter slots on the previous page too :)

edit: actually, here's the encounter slots thanks to Kaphotics

I managed to hit my seconds using entralink RNG. But after I update de delay that I hit i can't find results while searching for the IVs that I got.

Does anyone know about that? I've tried several times and don't think that my Timer0 messed all those times.

shiny finder

forever searching
is a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Chatot Wrangler
I managed to hit my seconds using entralink RNG. But after I update de delay that I hit i can't find results while searching for the IVs that I got.

Does anyone know about that? I've tried several times and don't think that my Timer0 messed all those times.
Have you tried increasing the delay range that you search over? What seed are you trying to hit/what results are you getting? tbh, I've never done entralink abuse before, but I'll take a crack at trying to help :)

Have you tried increasing the delay range that you search over? What seed are you trying to hit/what results are you getting? tbh, I've never done entralink abuse before, but I'll take a crack at trying to help :)
My seed is B4C25534. I've tried using -999 to +999 in the IV range. My time is 5:15:20 of 05/29/2014 with a delay of 3046. I'm using a DS Lite.

At first I was hitting 21 seconds, but managed to figure out how to hit 20 seconds. My first attempt always hit a delay near my target delay (got 3325 and 3258 for example). But after I update the EonTimer to adjust the timer I cant hit anything in my range. I even tried to adjust the time to -9 to +9 to see if I hit the wrong seconds again.

I just wanted to RNG this Arceus that I have there before trying to RNG a new ID.

Last edited:

shiny finder

forever searching
Chatot Wrangler
My seed is B4C25534. I've tried using -999 to +999 in the IV range. My time is 5:15:20 of 05/29/2014 with a delay of 3046. I'm using a DS Lite.

At first I was hitting 21 seconds, but managed to figure out how to hit 20 seconds. My first attempt always hit a delay near my target delay (got 3325 and 3258 for example). But after I update the EonTimer to adjust the timer I cant hit anything in my range. I even tried to adjust the time to -9 to +9 to see if I hit the wrong seconds again.

I just wanted to RNG this Arceus that I have there before trying to RNG a new ID.
I tried putting in your seed to take a look but it just gives me a invalid seed error...probably because my profile doesn't match yours. I'm guessing you have a pretty big frame range too, right? I think the one on the first page is like 1 to 41.

Have you tried resetting the timer? So, closing it/resetting it to it's default values and then readjusting it with your most recent trial? You were getting results at 1 point so something changed (and it doesn't make sense that you're suddenly 1000s off from your delay). And just for the sake of thoroughness, are you sure you're updating the timer right?

I tried putting in your seed to take a look but it just gives me a invalid seed error...probably because my profile doesn't match yours. I'm guessing you have a pretty big frame range too, right? I think the one on the first page is like 1 to 41.

Have you tried resetting the timer? So, closing it/resetting it to it's default values and then readjusting it with your most recent trial? You were getting results at 1 point so something changed (and it doesn't make sense that you're suddenly 1000s off from your delay). And just for the sake of thoroughness, are you sure you're updating the timer right?
Yes, that's right.

I think that I'm updating it right. I put the delay that I hit in the timer and after that I press Update. Actually I need to press start first for it to actually update.

EDIT: I think I figured out the problem. I'm going to test it and see the results.

Last edited:

shiny finder

forever searching
Chatot Wrangler
Yes, that's right.

I think that I'm updating it right. I put the delay that I hit in the timer and after that I press Update. Actually I need to press start first for it to actually update.

EDIT: I think I figured out the problem. I'm going to test it and see the results.
Ok, nice! Please let me know if it works so I can pass on the info. If it doesn't try inputting the seconds again with your new delay, even if it's the right seconds value

edit: to make that more clear, input your seconds and delay before hitting update.

Ok, nice! Please let me know if it works so I can pass on the info. If it doesn't try inputting the seconds again with your new delay, even if it's the right seconds value

edit: to make that more clear, input your seconds and delay before hitting update.
The problem was that my C-Gear calibration was off. After I calibrated I started to get delays 1 number off my target.

evo25

so nice!
possibly a stupid question since not many RNG LG/FR but anyone got the encounter slots for these there not in Kaphotics zip file

Xen

is a Community Leaderis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Wi-Fi Leader
possibly a stupid question since not many RNG LG/FR but anyone got the encounter slots for these there not in Kaphotics zip file

They're in there. Encounter & Grotto Slots > Slots > csv > Slot Tables (xlsx) > Tables > RSEFRLG

shiny finder

forever searching
Chatot Wrangler
Where's a good place to calibrate in B2? I had to reformat my comp awhile ago and that took my profiles with it.

Thanks.
Any place with high level Pokemon is workable (Victory Road has always been a good option). Level 40+ is probably optimal/workable. NPCs don't matter when calibrating, so you have a ton of flexibility. Don't remember most of the locations by name, but most late-game locations will work fine.

So I have a quick question for anybody else more familiar with PPRNG than I am.

I recently did a few Dream Radar RNG projects, all being successful. However, one of them in question, a Shuckle, came out a bit... iffy.

Basically, I found the spread I wanted was Female, Relaxed, 31/31/31/x/31/0. It was in the 6th slot, and since I had captured a couple of Porygon prior to the Shuckle, I put in 2 genderless Pokémon before it. I'm not sure how much difference having more Pokémon from Dream Radar makes. When I found the seed I wanted, I was able to hit it and get all of the right spins to advance the frame, and retrieved the Pokémon on the correct frame.

Here's the fun part: I go to my White 2 to check my Shuckle's IVs, and I notice that it's male, and when I calculated the IVs, speed was 1 rather than 0. Everything else came out as PPRNG said it would, and I double checked the spread I chose and it was in fact female with 0 Speed IVs.

Was there an error I made but just overlooked, or did my game just have a small burp?

When it says you have to press 'up-left' does that you hold down the up and left buttons or just one of them?

Last edited:

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
Basically, I found the spread I wanted was Female, Relaxed, 31/31/31/x/31/0. It was in the 6th slot, and since I had captured a couple of Porygon prior to the Shuckle, I put in 2 genderless Pokémon before it. I'm not sure how much difference having more Pokémon from Dream Radar makes. When I found the seed I wanted, I was able to hit it and get all of the right spins to advance the frame, and retrieved the Pokémon on the correct frame.

Here's the fun part: I go to my White 2 to check my Shuckle's IVs, and I notice that it's male, and when I calculated the IVs, speed was 1 rather than 0. Everything else came out as PPRNG said it would, and I double checked the spread I chose and it was in fact female with 0 Speed IVs.
If it was in slot 6, and there were two Porygon, what were the other 3 Pokemon?

The gender is fixed for Dream Radar when you catch the Pokemon. You can't choose it. It seems to be female more often than male, but if the DR game has caught a male Pokemon, it will always be male. This will have an effect on the characteristic, but it should have no effect on the IVs.

If it was in slot 6, and there were two Porygon, what were the other 3 Pokemon?

The gender is fixed for Dream Radar when you catch the Pokemon. You can't choose it. It seems to be female more often than male, but if the DR game has caught a male Pokemon, it will always be male. This will have an effect on the characteristic, but it should have no effect on the IVs.
There was one other Shuckle, a Swablu, and a Drifloon. I didn't know that male/female was fixed on the Dream radar, everything before now has come out female just like I set it in PPRNG. I just finished another project, Spiritomb, and again everything came out just right except the wrong gender. But it's good to know that it's fixed.

Trying to get a shiny HP Ground Litwick on Black 2.

I'm currently using this seed:
0C48-E18A-3F22-FD93

(And using RNG Reporter 9.96.5)

Accoring to the RNG Reporter, frame 67 is meant to be a shiny synch one.

However, I've now caught 3 Careful shiny Litwicks. This is despite using a Timid Synchronizer and the reporter telling me that the frame is a synch one.

Does anyone know what the problem could be?

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
the download-link is outdated :o, the domain is no longer hosted or something...pls fix it, I need this goddamn RNG reporter :'(
RNGR v9.96.5b, requires net framework 4.5.

Trying to get a shiny HP Ground Litwick on Black 2.

I'm currently using this seed:
0C48-E18A-3F22-FD93

(And using RNG Reporter 9.96.5)

Accoring to the RNG Reporter, frame 67 is meant to be a shiny synch one.

However, I've now caught 3 Careful shiny Litwicks. This is despite using a Timid Synchronizer and the reporter telling me that the frame is a synch one.

Does anyone know what the problem could be?
This is a known issue with RNGR. Try using a different seed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 15)