Eevee Friendly

Pyritie

TAMAGO
is an Artist

Copied and pasted:

In the Eevee Friendly, only Eevee and its Evolutions can participate in exciting Rotation Battles!

Participants will also receive a participation prize of 1,000 Poké Miles!
• Players who have been disqualified from the rankings will not be able to receive the prize.
• Players with a significant number of disconnects may be removed from the final rankings.
• At least one match must be played to completion to qualify for the rankings.

Sign-Up Dates
Thursday, July 3, 2014 at 00:00 UTC through Thursday, July 10, 2014 at 23:59 UTC
• You must sign up during this period to be able to participate in the competition.
• You may register for the competition once per game registered to your PGL account.

Competition Dates
• Friday, July 11, 2014 at 00:00 UTC through Sunday, July 13, 2014 at 23:59 UTC

Participant Limit
• 50,000 (limit subject to change; first come, first served)

Age Divisions*
• Junior Division*: Born 1999 or later
• Masters Division: Born 1998 or earlier
*Junior Division players will be limited to playing between the hours of 6 a.m. to 11 p.m. (local time).

Ranking Results Announcement
• Thursday, July 17, 2014
(announcement time subject to change)

Rules for This Competition
• This competition will use Rotation Battle format.
• Players may use only the following Pokémon: Eevee, Vaporeon, Jolteon, Flareon, Espeon, Umbreon, Leafeon, Glaceon, and Sylveon.
Players may use only Pokémon found, caught, hatched from an Egg, or received through a special promotion in Pokémon X or Pokémon Y.
• Pokémon brought over from Pokémon Black, Pokémon White, Pokémon Black 2, or Pokémon White 2 Versions via the Poké Transporter cannot participate.

• Register 4–6 of your Lv. 1–100 Pokémon to your Battle Box.
• A 30-minute time limit for each match will automatically be enforced in-game, beginning at the start of each battle. If the outcome has not been determined when the time limit expires, the game will automatically apply tiebreakers to determine a winner.
• At the beginning of each battle, players have 90 seconds to select 4 Pokémon with which to battle.
• At the beginning of each turn, players have 60 seconds to select a move or change Pokémon in battle. If a player has not made his or her selections at the end of this period, the game will automatically make selections for the player.
• Players may battle up to 10 games per day of the competition. Any unplayed games will carry over to the following day. A new day begins at 00:00 UTC.
*For details, please check the competition’s regulations page, which will be posted when registration opens.

http://3ds.pokemon-gl.com/information/7f379a81-5302-4e18-8568-ca80a47e89f5

-----

Boo, kalos only.

Theorymon

Have a wonderful day, wahoo!
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Oh wow, Kalos native only REALLY screws up Sylveon. As a resault of that, Flareon sounds a bit less useful than expected too... I guess Flareon still has that powerful guts Flare Blitz though, so I guess it still has a use!

Aside from the April Friendly, the Eevee Friendly will only be my second competitive tournament. Just hoping not to get embarrassed.

Oh wow, Kalos native only REALLY screws up Sylveon. As a resault of that, Flareon sounds a bit less useful than expected too... I guess Flareon still has that powerful guts Flare Blitz though, so I guess it still has a use!
Actually, Flareon's one of the more useful ones for the key resistances and strengths. It's super effective against 2 of them (Glaceon and Leafeon) and resists 4 of them (Flareon, Glaceon, Leafeon, and Sylveon). Plus, its second highest stat is it's special defense which all but 3 (Flareon, Leafeon, and Umbreon) normally attack with.

If you want to do Sylveon, might I suggest a female non-hidden ability one? It can still be effective against Flareon and Leafeon. Statistically speaking 7/8 of these will be male. So, Cute Charm might actually do something (What else are you going to do? Pixilate Hyper Beam?)

Espeon looks the most screwed in my opinion. All of the Eeveevolutions get Shadow Ball so everything can hurl super effective attacks at it.

In fact, because of the low defense in all the Eeveevolutions except for Umbreon, Leafeon, and Glaceon, I can see a solid team using Flareon and Leafeon with Sylveon for Umbreon duty as the first three out

Last edited:

Pyritie

TAMAGO
is an Artist
just brainstorming for now, never done rotations before

trying to make a sun team to boost flareon's flare blitz, leafeon's speed, and I guess umbreon's recovery. How's this looking?

Haven't done any EV calcs yet which will obviously need to be changed to survive certain things

Leafeon @ Focus Sash
Ability: Chlorophyll
Level: 30
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- X-Scissor
- Swords Dance
- Quick Attack

No knock off so the only thing it can hit flareon with is normal moves. Quick attack for priority since there will probably be other focus sashes. Maybe lum berry?

Sylveon @ Heat Rock
Ability: Cute Charm
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spd
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Wish
- Sunny Day
- Light Screen

Light screen is filler, I dunno what else to put there. Also don't know if I should go for more defenses or to put more in SpA, since flareon's the only one who resists fairy.
Cute charm because I don't have any normal moves. Hoping for a female one as well.

Umbreon @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / ?
Impish Nature
- Taunt
- Refresh
- Moonlight
- Toxic

Refresh because no heal bell and to help counter toxic spam. Not sure if I need taunt as well, though it might be useful? Also dunno if I should put Payback on here. Maybe a curse set? I honestly don't know what to do with umbreon here

Vaporeon @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 Spd
Modest Nature
- Haze
- Ice Beam
- Scald
- Wish

Haze in case of evasion spam or people who try BPing since this is battle spot and you dunno what you're gonna end up with.
Couldn't think of a better item to use because lefties is already taken

Flareon @ Flame Plate
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 Spd / 252 Atk / 252 HP
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect
- Double-Edge

Flash fire to counter other flareons. Dunno if I need wow or not since the only one it'll likely affect is leafeon (and CB eevees if that's a thing). Maybe replace it with flame charge?
Protect is to help stall out other guts flareons and also for better wish passing (wish -> rotate -> protect = guaranteed wish pass), since flareon's likely to take a lot of damage

Jolteon @ Life Orb
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Can't think of a use for espeon, glaceon's useless, and eevee a shit, so jolteon's for filler I guess

I would advise reading up on the Rotations Thread if you're new to it.

In summary Rotations is the most complicated official meta in pokemon... It is extremely prediction heavy and one mistake can be brutal. Just like the good ol' Gen 3 days...

I did some calcs and Toxic Orb Guts Flareon and Choice Band/Curse Adaptability Eevee can OHKO or 2HKO everything in the Eevee Friendly.

252+ Atk +1 Adaptability Eevee Last Resort vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Umbreon: 68-82 (54.4 - 65.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 Atk Guts Flareon Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Umbreon: 67-79 (53.6 - 63.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ Atk Guts Flareon Facade (140 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Vaporeon: 82-97 (56.1 - 66.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 SpA Choice Specs Espeon Psyshock vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Flareon: 96-114 (109 - 129.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

If Flareon is reliant on the Toxic Orb...Ironically Leafeon may be the best answer to it. Sub/Protect will make Flareon sad and Leafeon will be able to tank a few Quick Attacks.
Vee Speed Tiers at lv. 30 assume 252 EVs in Speed and 31 IV in Speed unless stated otherwise...

Meta Knight Tier
198 Leafeon +Spd Chlorophyll active
183 Jolteon +Spd Choice Scarf/Quick Feet active

Top Tier
162 Espeon +Spd Scarfed
135 Leafeon +Spd Scarfed/Espeon Scarfed
122 Jolteon +Spd

High Tier
118 Base 65 Speed Eon +Spd Scarfed
112 Sylveon +Spd Scarfed
111 Jolteon +Spd
108 Espeon +Spd/Eevee +Spd Scarfed
99 Leafeon +Spd/Espeon
92 Jolteon 0 Spd EVs
90 Leafeon

Mid Tier
80 Espeon 0 Spd EVs
79 Base 65 Speed Eon +Spd
75 Sylveon +Spd
72 Base 65 Speed Eon/Eevee +Spd

Low
71 Leafeon 0 Spd EVs
69 Sylveon
66 Eevee
54 Base 65 Spd Eon 12 Spd EVs
53 Base 65 Spd Eon 0 EVs

Trick Room Tier

39 Base 65 Spd Eon -Spd 0 Spd IV 0 Spd EVs
36 Sylveon -Spd 0 Spd IV 0 Spd EVs
34 Eevee -Spd 0 Spd IV 0 Spd EVs

Slowest possible tier

17 Eevee -Spd 0 Spd IV 0 Spd EVs Iron Ball/Macho Brace/Power Item

Last edited:
Played some free battle rotations to see what it would be like...and ran into another Eon team. His Espeon was brutal though...

Z34G-WWWW-WWW8-7LP3 Flareon sweep :3

Hey guys, I figured I'd post what I'm working with now and hopefully get your thoughts. I've only ever used Vaporeon a few times so I feel like most of this is a shot in the dark. Basic idea is to set up sun for Flareon and Leafeon and let them go to town on the rest of the eevolutions' poor defenses.

Flareon @ Toxic Orb
Guts - Jolly
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
- Flare Blitz
- Facade
- Quick Attack
- Protect

Leafeon @ Life Orb
Chlorophyll - Jolly
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
- Leaf Blade
- X-Scissor
- Quick Attack
- Synthesis

Sylveon @ Heat Rock
Cute Charm - Bold
252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
- Moonblast
- Sunny Day
- Calm Mind
- Wish

Umbreon @ Leftovers
Synchronize - Careful
252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
- Moonlight
- Payback
- Curse
- Taunt

Espeon @ ???
Magic Bounce - Timid
4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball
- Sunny Day
- Calm Mind

Jolteon @ Choice Specs
Volt Absorb - Timid
4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
- Hyper Beam

Any thoughts or ideas? I'm definitely not sold on Espeon being there. I've been debating replacing it with Vaporeon but I like the idea of having a Magic Bounce user to rotate in freely. I feel like a few of the moveslots are just filler for lack of a better alternative.

Have you considered letting Espeon utilize the Dual Screens strategy? That's a pretty good tool to have in rotation battles.

Would utilizing Espeon's Stored Power be too much work?
I would say so. Like I mentioned before, ALL of the Eeveevolutions get Shadow Ball and so they all can strike Espeon with super effective attacks. While boosting the special defense with Calm Mind will lessen that, a Flareon or Leafeon can always rotate in and prey on your weaker defense.

Espeon is probably best at doing dual screens probably because it feels like the weakest in terms of its defenses/weaknesses. Maybe you can also use it for Magic Bouncing Toxic back to Umbreon (you'd still get Toxic'd because who wants to use Inner Focus Umbreon?).

A number of Eevee Friendly teams on Battle Spot seem to have a Sunny Day Flareon (or Leafeon) with a Chlorophyll Leafeon with Swords Dance.

Make sure you pack plenty of Protects to deal with those... to wear the sunlight out...

Pyritie

TAMAGO
is an Artist
A number of Eevee Friendly teams on Battle Spot seem to have a Sunny Day Flareon (or Leafeon) with a Chlorophyll Leafeon with Swords Dance.

Make sure you pack plenty of Protects to deal with those... to wear the sunlight out...
Since sun teams like that definitely sound like they're going to be pretty popular, I wonder if it's worth packing a rain team as well, since it's bring-6-pick-4. Rain dance + hydro pumps and thunders might be pretty fun.

Pyritie

TAMAGO
is an Artist
r8 my team

Speed EVs are to hit 55 Spe at level 30, which outspeeds all neutral speed base 65s by 2 points
Vaporeon's def EVs let it live an unboosted leaf blade from adamant leafeon
Sylveon is female because 7/8 eevees are male, which means more odds to cute charm stuff

Really not sure about umbreon. I've been looking at a couple replays, and calm mind + psyshock + gleam espeon actually looks pretty damn threatening, especially since psyshock hits the eevees' weaker physical defense. Saw a sylveon with a similar set as well that looked pretty effective. Only problem is everything can learn shadow ball.

I feel like I might be trying to be too anti-meta. Sun teams are going to be a big deal, but for example, I have:
- rain to counter sun teams
- flash fire flareon to counter flare blitz spam
- haze vaporeon to counter boostan spam
- taunt for the above reasons (was also considering refresh on umbreon since it can't learn heal bell and was afraid of toxic stalling)
- too much support and not enough offense

Can't really practice much with it either since no simulators support rotations and I want to iron out a team before breeding everything.

Leafeon @ Focus Sash
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- X-Scissor
- Swords Dance
- Quick Attack

Sylveon (F) @ Light Clay
Ability: Cute Charm
EVs: 204 SDef / 252 HP / 52 Spd
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Wish
- Light Screen
- Reflect

Flareon @ Heat Rock
EVs: 24 Spd / 252 Atk / 232 HP
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Sunny Day
- Protect
- Double-Edge

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 104 Def / 252 HP / 128 SAtk / 24 Spd
Modest Nature
- Haze
- Ice Beam
- Scald
- Wish

Umbreon @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 232 Def / 252 HP / 24 Spd
Bold Nature
- Taunt
- Charm
- Moonlight
- Toxic

Jolteon @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
IVs: 30 SAtk / 30 SDef
- Thunder Wave
- Thunder
- Shadow Ball
- Rain Dance

A bit too much set-up IMHO. You have screens, two types of weather, Thunder Wave, Haze (why?) and then nothing but support moves on Umbreon. This meta will probably be much more straight forward than you think, with Guts Flareon 2HKOing virtually everything with a right move. I'd at least try to make Flareon a bit more offensive (ie. ToxiGuts), your team needs that extra punch. Also, either focus on one weather or get rid of both. I don't think weather teams will be THAT prevalent to justify running two weather moves at once. And replace Scald with Surf/Hydro Pump seeing as Flareon is immune to burn and you don't stand a chance against Leafeon anyways (which you'd rather hit with Ice Beam by the way).

I'm running a rather gimmicky team myself.

Tarot (Espeon) (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Trick Room
- Psyshock
- Dazzling Gleam
- Baby-Doll Eyes

Tulip (Leafeon) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Leaf Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Brave Nature
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- X-Scissor
- Quick Attack

Toffi (Eevee) (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Brave Nature
- Double-Edge
- Quick Attack
- Return
- Baby-Doll Eyes

Teostra (Flareon) (M) @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature
- Lava Plume
- Toxic
- Wish
- Protect

Turbolt (Jolteon) (M) @ Choice Specs
EVs: 24 HP / 12 Def / 240 SAtk / 8 SDef / 224 Spd
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Thunder
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Shadow Ball

Tortimer (Vaporeon) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SAtk
Quiet Nature
- Acid Armor
- Protect
- Ice Beam
- Hydro Pump

Leafeon is the one I'm the most iffy about. Even with Brave/0 speed his base speed alone still makes him faster than base 65 Eeveelutions. So I was thinking of replacing him with Specs Glaceon, who has the highest SpAtk in the meta, much lower speed and doesn't require any set-up to hit very hard (which is great for TR). But Glaceon also has worse match-ups than Leafeon and very poor coverage. Opinions much appreciated.

So. I just found out about this recently and now I'm trying to make a team before the battles start. This will be my first time doing rotation battles. I already have a couple of my guys but I've been wondering about a set for Eevee. I did the calcs and it looks like Last Resort from a life orb Eevee can OHKO or 2HKO pretty much everything. I was thinking of using a set like this:

Eevee @ Life Orb
Adaptability - Adamant
164 HP / 252 Atk / 92 Spe
- Baby-doll eyes/Charm
- Quick Attack
- Last Resort
-

I'm just wondering if anyone thinks it could work or should I drop baby-doll eyes/ charm and just have quick attack and Last Resort. The main reason for baby-doll eyes is just cause Eevee is kinda frail and it helps it take a hit from Leafeon and Flareon while behind Reflect. Also it seems like stat dropping moves would be more useful in Rotation battles. The speed Evs are to outspeed uninvested neutral base 65 by one point.

Pyritie

TAMAGO
is an Artist
A bit too much set-up IMHO. You have screens, two types of weather, Thunder Wave, Haze (why?) and then nothing but support moves on Umbreon. This meta will probably be much more straight forward than you think, with Guts Flareon 2HKOing virtually everything with a right move. I'd at least try to make Flareon a bit more offensive (ie. ToxiGuts), your team needs that extra punch. Also, either focus on one weather or get rid of both. I don't think weather teams will be THAT prevalent to justify running two weather moves at once. And replace Scald with Surf/Hydro Pump seeing as Flareon is immune to burn and you don't stand a chance against Leafeon anyways (which you'd rather hit with Ice Beam by the way).
Haze is because I dunno what else to put on that fourth slot and in case people try getting cocky with baton pass or if I run into some evasion-spamming/accuracy reducing japanese player. Because this is battle spot after all. Acid armor, baby-doll eyes, and charm are other options, or even toxic, substitute, or yawn.

Otherwise I think I'm going to replace umbreon with screens espeon, and make sylveon a CMer instead (or the other way around), though then I'm not sure where to put the sunny day. Also make vaporeon more physically bulky.

Rain dance is on jolteon because I dunno what else to do with him, and hydration on vaporeon makes it a nice status absorber. How is that subcharge jolteon working out for you, MythTrainerInfinity ?

He is fun.

Jolteon @ Petaya Berry
Timid Nature
12 HP/244 SAtk/252 Spd
- Charge Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
- Substitute

Should he ever get a Sub up when another Vee uses Protect he gets a free Charge Beam that can allow him to 2HKO pretty much anything with the boost. Petaya will let him do even more...

Also, all of my physical attacker Vees are female. Brehehehe.

Last edited:

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Does being lowered to level 30 have any significant effect on EV spreads? I think spreads have to be divisible by 12 but I'm not sure. I'm probably not going to use anything too crazy outside the standard 252/252 spreads but just wondering. I feel like speed tiers could be played around a lot to move EVs into bulk so probably worth investigating. Anyway, I'm not really sure how seriously I'm going to take this competition so (to try and have fun) I'm thinking of using trick room with Espeon so I can dish out some damage with Flareon and Eevee, I'm just not sure what the best way to go with Eevee is. Do you go Last Resort as it's only attack and hope the 8pp is enough, or do you throw on Return and Quick Attack and be happy if you survive long enough to even use Last Resort? I'll probably end up with this..

Eevee @ Silk Scarf
Ability: Adaptability
Brave Nature
244 HP/252 Atk/12 Def
- Protect
- Last Resort
-
-

Lead with Protect, rotate in Espeon to set up Trick Room then rotate back to spam Last Resort. Alternatively, I was thinking of giving it a Toxic Orb and Facade and going for a baby Flareon moveset. Facade gets the same base power as Last Resort, gets the Adapatability boost and lets you use other moves, but Eevee will only last 6 turns :(

Espeon @ Focus Sash (?)
Ability: Magic Bounce (maybe synchronize will be better for this tourney?)
Timid Nature
114 HP/252 SAtk/144 Spd
- Trick Room
- Psyshock
- Dazzling Gleam
- Quick Attack (for picking off focus sashes, really not sure what to put in here tbh)

Set up Trick Room then wait until it's gone so it can clean up or set it again. Jolteon is the only that will outspeed without a Choice Scarf and a modest one will KO Espeon with Shadow Ball 62.5% of the time so I feel like it needs the Focus Sash. Speed EVs are to outspeed max base 95's, anything with 65 running a Scarf will outspeed 252 Espeon.

As for the other members, I'll throw in Flareon but I'm not sure whether I want to run Flash Fire for opposing Flareon or Guts and Toxic Orb for POWER. I seriously considered a gimmicky Power Herb + Dig combo to get rid of other Flareon but Guts + Facade does that. I also have no Idea how to get around Vaporeon, Eevee can 2hko it with Last Resort, Leafeon needs a Swords Dance boost otherwise it risks taking an Ice Beam... Really not sure, there's a surprising amount of stuff you can do with such little to work with in this tournament.

MythTrainerInfinity you could run modest and 224 speed with Jolteon and still outspeed the tier. Max speed timid will always get outsped by 0 speed Chlorophyll Leafeon anyway so may as well drop it down a tier (timid 252 Espeon) to get some bulk. Modest also guarantees the OHKO on Espeon with Shadow Ball, although at +1 you can just use T-bolt and opt for HP Ice for Leafeon. If you're worried about Scarfers then timid with 224 will outspeed base 65's... Just a thought (hopefully my calcs are right)

I would say so. Like I mentioned before, ALL of the Eeveevolutions get Shadow Ball and so they all can strike Espeon with super effective attacks. While boosting the special defense with Calm Mind will lessen that, a Flareon or Leafeon can always rotate in and prey on your weaker defense.

Espeon is probably best at doing dual screens probably because it feels like the weakest in terms of its defenses/weaknesses. Maybe you can also use it for Magic Bouncing Toxic back to Umbreon (you'd still get Toxic'd because who wants to use Inner Focus Umbreon?).
Oh, okay. Well.. I suppose I won't be using espeon since I just signed up this morning.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)