Ubers Premier League - Week 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
correct me if i'm wrong, but i think exca outsped that particular groudon

also, to clarify what might seem like a stupid statement i made, yes obviously i didn't win just because of sand veil, but the 2/2 focus miss on chomp was definitely a nuisance (in addition to the dclaw crit and focus miss in the endgame) that affected edgar's chances of winning

aim

pokeaimMD
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
correct me if i'm wrong, but i think exca outsped that particular groudon

also, to clarify what might seem like a stupid statement i made, yes obviously i didn't win just because of sand veil, but the 2/2 focus miss on chomp was definitely a nuisance (in addition to the dclaw crit and focus miss in the endgame) that affected edgar's chances of winning
nah exca if jolly doesn't outspeed jolly groudon

The opposing Excadrill used Earthquake!
Ground Ochoa lost 41.1% of its health!
The opposing Excadrill lost some of its HP!

252+ Atk Life Orb Mold Breaker Excadrill Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Groudon: 179-212 (52.4 - 62.1%)
252+ Atk Life Orb Mold Breaker Excadrill Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Groudon: 136-161 (33.6 - 39.8%)

I assumed the Groudon was defensive with some speed creep.

I have a test tomorrow so won't really be able to play. Our team doesn't make it anyway, so w/e about activity vs el poeta. Sorry that we couldn't play

Monte Cristo

Banned deucer.
REALLY FUN TOURNAMENT GUYS :D IT HAS BEEN A BLAST XD

shoutout to:

bkc and soviet: im pretty sure you two were the only guys who won all of your games without any source of hax :]

everyone else can smd...except tesung, hes cool

Also shoutouts to melee mewtwo for not knowing how to cheat,,,
wow edgrr :[

awesome tour :]
shoutouts to:
the entire roster of soul dew strongs- you guys are awesome, while we may have not won the tour, we sure did have a blast playing, I like the big roster and how our roster manages to get lots of different types of people ^_^
Krauersaut - go team :] go canada :] go doubles :] go krau :]
Piexplode literally stalker :]]]]]]]]]]]]]
nobody else was boss enough to take my praise :]

Last edited:

Disaster Area

formerly Piexplode
edgar don't forget DPP god myzozoa, 5-0 iirc [and I don't thiiiiink there was any hax, I don't recall any, but I'm not great at remembering battles]

NB shoutouts to happen when finals are nearly done 4 me. Also oiawesome nigga u shoulda shoutouted to me ur RoAPL captain bro and fellow nig in other situations? :]

Last edited:

Fireburn

BARN ALL
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Not calling the other matches since they won't make a difference at this point.

Final Results
Drizzlers - 4-1-0 (+10)
Helix Fossils - 3-1-1 (+5)
Zekroms - 3-2-0 (+8)
Rayquazas - 3-2-0 (+5)
Soul Dews
- 0-3-2 (-11)
Durians - 0-4-1 (-17)

As per Hugendugen's decision, the Zimbabwe Zekroms will play the Grand Helix Fossils in a semifinal playoff game to decide who will face the DaReal Drizzlers in the finals. Playoffs will be posted as soon as I receive the lineups from the managers.

Blim Sweep BKC

Thank you to everyone who got their matches done and thanks for sticking with us!

haxiom

God's not dead.
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Not that I was a part of this or anything but looking at it it appears that the +/- score was based on the individual matchups won:lost, so although one went 3-2 and the other 3-1-1, they won the same net number of individual games. Ofc, I could be completely wrong and feeding you bs, but meh

Haruno

Skadi :)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
  • If the Fossils win and either of the Rayquazas or the Zekroms win, the Fossils will face the 3rd placed team in a playoff to decide who reaches the final.
Derp. The only things that mattered were the results of the #zekroms and #rayquazas with the zekroms getting a higher overall score than the rayquazas in terms of wins thus placing us in third and making us play sweeps team in playoffs.

• If the Fossils win and either of the Rayquazas or the Zekroms win, the Fossils will face the 3rd placed team in a playoff to decide who reaches the final.
Derp. The only things that mattered were the results of the #zekroms and #rayquazas with the zekroms getting a higher overall score than the rayquazas in terms of wins thus placing us in third and making us play sweeps team in playoffs.
This doesn't address why we are getting forced to play a semifinal game when we finished with a better overall record than the Zekroms/Rayquazas. I'd have an easier time accepting this if the Drizzlers were playing the 30cmRayquazas in an opposite semifinal, but as it stands the Fossils are the only team that is hurt by this change in playoff philosophy.

The initial plan was for two teams to make the finals so that UPL didn't drag on.* Even if 3-1-1 = 3-2 (lol), we have the tiebreaker over the Zekroms courtesy of our week 4 victory against them. I am not happy that we are getting forced to play a semifinal while the Drizzlers get a free pass to the finals.

*A large portion of my team is involved with the World Cup of Pokemon, which is widely considered a more important tournament than UPL and applies enormous time constraints on all participants. My team has been awesome with activity all year but I have no idea how active they can be with WCOP heating up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)