EVs (optional): None
Ability: Pressure
Pokemon's name: Lugia
Level: 50
Pokeball: Regular Pokeball
Shiny?: No
Moves: Recover, Psycho Boost, Feather Dance, Hydro Pump
Nature: Modest
Region of origin: A distant land (The original owner of this claims to have gotten it from Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness)
Characteristic: Somewhat vain
Ribbons: National Ribbon
Other comments (optional): I got this thing while I was event trading. Doubting whether its legit due to the infamous 01337 ID.

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
No, because if a Pokémon is shiny, the SV and TSV match. It doesn't matter that the values influencing the TSV was altered.

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
See, I didn't know if Powersaves actually edited the value. I thought it "brute forced" it (since hacked shinies in previous gens simply wouldn't have a valid PID since it doesn't match the SID). Shame. Thanks for the info.

Hi I'm back, just want this checking if y'all don't mind:
Top screen of 3DS (left page of summary)
Language: English
Species: Jirachi
OT:GAMESTP
ID No.:02270
IVs:31/31/31/31/31/31 (It's suspicious)
EVs (optional): 252Attack/252Speed/6HP (iirc I evd it myself
Ability:Serene Grace
Bottom screen of 3DS (left page of summary)
Pokemon's name: Jirachi
Level: 100
Pokeball:Cherish
Shiny?:nope (believe me, I wouldn't need a hack check if it was)
Moves: U-Turn, Ice Punch, Iron ahead, Zen Headbutt, so it seems to of been tutored some moves.
Top screen of 3DS (right page of summary)
Nature:Adamant
Region of origin: Sinnoh (Fateful Encounter)
Characteristic: Takes plenty of seistas.
Bottom screen of 3DS (right page of summary)
Ribbons: Classic Ribbion
Other comments (optional): It's the IVs that make me suspicius, as well as the fact that it has none of its event moves (Or just Draco Meteor)

lats

formerly lockiegengar12
Hi I'm back, just want this checking if y'all don't mind:
Top screen of 3DS (left page of summary)
Species: Jirachi
OT:GAMESTP
ID No.:02270
IVs:31/31/31/31/31/31 (It's suspicious)
EVs (optional): 252Attack/252Speed/6HP (iirc I evd it myself
Ability:Serene Grace
Bottom screen of 3DS (left page of summary)
Pokemon's name: Jirachi
Level: 100
Pokeball:Cherish
Shiny?:nope (believe me, I wouldn't need a hack check if it was)
Moves: U-Turn, Ice Punch, Iron ahead, Zen Headbutt, so it seems to of been tutored some moves.
Top screen of 3DS (right page of summary)
Nature:Adamant
Region of origin: Sinnoh (Fateful Encounter)
Characteristic: Takes plenty of seistas.
Bottom screen of 3DS (right page of summary)
Ribbons: Classic Ribbion
Other comments (optional): It's the IVs that make me suspicious, as well as the fact that it has none of its event moves (Or just Draco Meteor)
It's legally possible from the 4th gen event. Since you can't RNG natures on 4th gen wondercards, I'm pretty sure most RNGers would just go for a 6IV spread and hope they'd get a good nature. Not that that makes it any more legal.

It's legally possible from the 4th gen event. Since you can't RNG natures on 4th gen wondercards, I'm pretty sure most RNGers would just go for a 6IV spread and hope they'd get a good nature. Not that that makes it any more legal.
So it's hacked? Ah well, good thing I wanted a Jirachi.
Not that I did make it. I don't hack. Hell I don't even have a computer. I'm typing this on a iPad.
Thanks for confirming that it is hacked though. I only submit something if I'm suspicious of it, and my suspicions turned out correctly. I'm just assuming at this point that all my decent legends are hacked they come from Twitter. It's not really a problem since I don't trade
Edit: to Esmeya I guess there's no way to tell if it IS legit unless I PokeCheck it or something ridiculous. Of course I'm betting it's hacked, so I'd rather not take the risk. Maybe I'm just too paranoid at times. My bad!

Last edited:

Esmeya

There's nothing left. Goodbye.
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Not that I did make it. I don't hack. Hell I don't even have a computer. I'm typing this on a iPad.
Thanks for confirming that it is hacked though. I only submit something if I'm suspicious of it, and my suspicions turned out correctly. I'm just assuming at this point that all my decent legends are hacked they come from Twitter. It's not really a problem since I don't trade
He said it was legally possible, not legitimate.

Edit: to Esmeya I guess there's no way to tell if it IS legit unless I PokeCheck it or something ridiculous. Of course I'm betting it's hacked, so I'd rather not take the risk. Maybe I'm just too paranoid at times. My bad!
a lot of people used hacked wondercards and RNG the event. in which case the only hack involved is activating the wondercard; the game then generated the pokemon on its own. this is the more likely scenario, and if you believe hacking a wondercard means the pokemon is hacked , then it's hacked. i would point out that most people here don't see hacked wondercards as hacked pokemon as long as it's explicitly stated when trading, so if you agree with everyone else here, it's not hacked.

there's an unlikely (but very real possibility) that they RNG'd from a legitimate wondercard too.

and honestly, there's no reason to believe it's hacked just because it has all 31s as the likelihood of being hacked or RNG'd are probably about the same.

i could consider the source (twitter, in this case). do you trust the person who traded it to you? could they have RNG'd it themselves? (etc. etc.)

a lot of people used hacked wondercards and RNG the event. in which case the only hack involved is activating the wondercard; the game then generated the pokemon on its own. this is the more likely scenario, and if you believe hacking a wondercard means the pokemon is hacked , then it's hacked. i would point out that most people here don't see hacked wondercards as hacked pokemon as long as it's explicitly stated when trading, so if you agree with everyone else here, it's not hacked.

there's an unlikely (but very real possibility) that they RNG'd from a legitimate wondercard too.

and honestly, there's no reason to believe it's hacked just because it has all 31s as the likelihood of being hacked or RNG'd are probably about the same.

i could consider the source (twitter, in this case). do you trust the person who traded it to you? could they have RNG'd it themselves? (etc. etc.)
I did forget who gave it me, but 9/10 times I've been given something over Twitter it was hacked, check back a bit to when I posted the Suicune for example. That was also from twitter. I guess it just might be legal, but I wouldn't trust anything outside of this site. It's a jungle out there. So the final verdict is: It MIGHT be legal, even if taken from a hacked Wondercard (Which as you said, most people don't have a problem with). I was thinking the more traditional PokeGen type stuff (Like the aforementioned Suicune). Thanks of the input.
Edit: hilarious.

Last edited:

Esmeya

There's nothing left. Goodbye.
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
I did forget who gave it me, but 9/10 times I've been given something over Twitter it was hacked, check back a bit to when I posted the Suicune for example. That was also from twitter. I guess it just might be legit [Legal], but I wouldn't trust anything outside of this site. It's a jungle out there. So the final verdict is: It MIGHT be legit [Legal], even if taken from a hacked Wondercard (Which as you said, most people don't have a problem with). I was thinking the more traditional PokeGen type stuff (Like the aforementioned Suicune). Thanks of the input.

Hi ! Just want a little help to know if this poke is legit :

Seedot
(Friend Ball)
Modest | Fanta | 57094 | Chlorophyll | lvl 1
Classic IV Spread for HP Fire ( still have to check ) | Untouchech | Female
Defog | Nasty Plot | Razor Wind | Bide

( Btw, difficult to see but it is shiny )​

lats

formerly lockiegengar12
Hi ! Just want a little help to know if this poke is legit :

Seedot
(Friend Ball)
Modest | Fanta | 57094 | Chlorophyll | lvl 1
Classic IV Spread for HP Fire ( still have to check ) | Untouchech | Female
Defog | Nasty Plot | Razor Wind | Bide

( Btw, difficult to see but it is shiny )​
As I said in SQSR, it's possible. Unless you know someone reputable with OT Fanta, and his ID is different to the one matching the Seedot, there's no way to determine if it's been forced shiny by powersaves. (next time use the form so Esmeya doesn't cry at you)

Last edited:
As I said in SQSR, it's possible. Unless you know someone reputable with OT Fanta, and his ID is different to the one matching the Seeedot, there's no way to determine if it's been forced shiny by powersaves. (next time use the form so Esmeya doesn't cry at you)
Ok. I will try to use the form next time ( it's actually the first time I asked if a poke is legit :/ ) I will put in on my shop and see if someone asks me to remove it.

Species: Shaymin
OT: Jaden
ID No.: 27593
IVs: 24 - 26 / 28 / 7, 8, 9 / 0 - 3 / 17, 18, 19 / 10 - 13 (Sorry no exact values, in a bit of a rush to check properly)
Ability: Natural Cure
Pokemon's name: Shaymin
Level: 30
Pokeball: Normal Pokeball
Moves: Synthesis/Magical Leaf/Energy Ball/Psychic
Nature: Gentle
Region of origin: Sinnoh
Characteristic: Likes to fight
Ribbons: None

Just need to know if I can redistribute him here. Thanks.

lats

formerly lockiegengar12
IVs: 24 - 26 / 28 / 7, 8, 9 / 0 - 3 / 17, 18, 19 / 10 - 13 (Sorry no exact values, in a bit of a rush to check properly)

Seems like someones random event Shaymin, but with Pokecheck down there's no way to properly check...

From the information it's legal. Quite probably legitimately generated, put possibly from a cheated Oaks Letter, which is still legal to trade on Smogon.

Language: Japanese
Species: Zekrom
OT:R o C
ID No.:52569 (lol 69)
IVs:31/31/31/31/31/31
EVs (optional):252 Special Attack/252Speed/6HP
Ability:Teravolt
Pokemon's name:4 Japanese symbols
Level:100
Pokeball:Ultra
Shiny?:lol no
Moves:Bolt Strike, Outrage, Psychic, Fusion Bolt
Nature:Hasty
Region of origin:Unova
Characteristic:Capable of taking hits
Ribbons:Kalos Champion
Other comments: Looks legit on first sight, so I want to see if this legendary is ACTUALLY LEGIT. Maybe it is, maybe it isn't. (Also apologies if this guy is a known hacker or something :/)

Language: Japanese
Species: Zekrom
OT:R o C
ID No.:52569 (lol 69)
IVs:31/31/31/31/31/31
EVs (optional):252 Special Attack/252Speed/6HP
Ability:Teravolt
Pokemon's name:4 Japanese symbols
Level:100
Pokeball:Ultra
Shiny?:lol no
Moves:Bolt Strike, Outrage, Psychic, Fusion Bolt
Nature:Hasty
Region of origin:Unova
Characteristic:Capable of taking hits
Ribbons:Kalos Champion
Other comments: Looks legit on first sight, so I want to see if this legendary is ACTUALLY LEGIT. Maybe it is, maybe it isn't. (Also apologies if this guy is a known hacker or something :/)
We could never tell you whether it's actually legit. From what is listed it's legal, but I wouldn't extend that to legitimate. I wouldn't advise trading it, but if you do, make it clear you don't know it's origin.

We could never tell you whether it's actually legit. From what is listed it's legal, but I wouldn't extend that to legitimate. I wouldn't advise trading it, but if you do, make it clear you don't know it's origin.
Okay then, another case of "Seems legit"
I'll hold on to it because it's not everyday to get a perfect IV Zekrom ^_^
Thanks for the help though :)

.com

Grumpy old man
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Pretty sure this was used by ReignOfComputer, a moderator for Project Pokémon who hosted (for a while at least) the PokémonGTS distribution server. I don't know what that means in terms of its legality, but either way it was most likely freely downloadable and easily accessible by a lot of people.
I still wouldn't trade it around though...

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 10)