Smogon's Official World Cup Discussion (Congrats to Glaucius on winning Pick'em!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, Uruguay and Suárez were playing really well and deserved to win even before Marchisio's red card (which is questionable imo, simply because slow-mo completely distorts the image), but he did again something he hadn't done in a long while, being an irresponsible ass. I love how he plays, but that really doesn't help his team, and if he'd been sent out nobody could've complained. I expect him to miss the round of 16 game at the very least, assuming Busacca or whoever is in charge of sanctions grows some balls.

Overall Uruguay played better, I'd really liked Italy against England and in previous games, not sure what changed in the last two. Against Costa Rica Pirlo was the only one playing, and today not even that, sadly.

I just hope the Uruguay victory isn't really demeaned because of Luis when they clearly dominated, but then again, people always use the last images to form their impressions of the game so it wouldn't be unexpected if everyone hated Uruguay from now on.

The conditions really affected Italy. Not just this game but pretty much everyone since the tournament started.
They could barely move at the end of each matches.

Godin with another decisive header(Lucky to even be playing in this match).

MoxieInfinite

Banned deucer.
this guy is worse than fucking swagger, get him off a football field before he bites someone again and spreads his fucking teeth disease.

it must be embarrasing being a liverpool fan, actually having this guy on your team

Cesare Prandelli has resigned as Italy coach.

Really a shame because he is a good coach got results(not in this world cup) and his team was proactive.

Italy should really have no problem in getting another top coach.

Last edited:
what happened to the whole "ive matured under Brendan Rodgers"? So p!ssed off. I thought he was over this... If he is banned uruaguay goes home last 16 vs Columbia

I'm not sure if its the weak group or not, but Colombia are looking amazingly good so far. With or without Suarez Uruaguay are gonna struggle.

Ivory Coast is basically a bunch of good players playing football.
This so called golden generation have failed to win a major tournament.

Greece outplayed them and were good for the win.
It was a penalty as well.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Once a dirty cheat, always a dirty cheat. Can someone please give Suarez a serious ban, I'm talking rest of wcop and a lengthy part of the season. Forget the fact that I support Italy as well as Australia, there's no place for this bullshit in the sport.

Suarez is a monster, I've never seen anyone quite that stupid, not even Balotelli. Sad to see italy go as they are one of my favorite teams, but they still deserved to lose today. When Pirlo is playing bad, you know the whole team is playing bad. Colombia will smash Uruguay, I just wish they had Falcao so they could really do some damage.

Seriously though why'd he have to do that? He needs help more than banning from life IMO, that kind of behavior stems from deep resentment and psychological issues.

Edit: Ban for life not banning from life, FIFA hasn't assumed the power to perform capital punishment...yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)