Hearthstone [IRC Channel #Skillstone]

Kinneas

puffoon
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Anyone have any Rogue Decks they're willing to share? I recent got into the game and really like early game Rogue aggro.
Check out the aggro Rogue decks that feature the Coldlight Oracle Shadow Step combo. A couple of variations were run at Dreamhack recently. I've been running a budget version without King Mukla and Leeroy (I don't have any legends apart from Bloodmage Thalnos) and it's probably the most fun I've had in Hearthstone. It's so satisfying to watch an opponent send you Thank Yous as the Oracle comes out and then fall deadly silent when the second, and then the third go down and they suddenly realize they've just discarded a third of their deck.

Here's the gist of it:

http://www.liquidhearth.com/forum/constructed-strategy/459166-backspace-rogue

_Tonks_

Check out the aggro Rogue decks that feature the Coldlight Oracle Shadow Step combo. A couple of variations were run at Dreamhack recently. I've been running a budget version without King Mukla and Leeroy (I don't have any legends apart from Bloodmage Thalnos) and it's probably the most fun I've had in Hearthstone. It's so satisfying to watch an opponent send you Thank Yous as the Oracle comes out and then fall deadly silent when the second, and then the third go down and they suddenly realize they've just discarded a third of their deck.

Here's the gist of it:

http://www.liquidhearth.com/forum/constructed-strategy/459166-backspace-rogue
Thanks a bunch dude.

I've been playing tempo rogue as well, well kind of a meh version anyways since I lack any legendaries besides the random Illidan. But it's still pretty strong to me. Never tried miracle since I lack the auctioneer and required legendary.

Last edited:

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.
I opened an Edwin Vancleef the other day. Time to make a Miracle Rogue deck...

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Been playing Burn Mage since two days ago and it's a pretty hard deck to actually play right. It does feel very you vs. your deck but maybe that's why I like it. Too bad rank 5 right now is Control Warriors and healing Druids :c.

I'd go back to Control Warrior but I'm pretty bad at the mirror, so I think Handlock might be making a return in my deck roster.

The Alexstraza stall Mage is getting really popular for some reason, I don't really have a bad matchup against it, but it's annoying as hell to play against.

Matthew

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
It's getting play because it's the counter to miracle. I explained why a little earlier in this thread.

But Warrior hard counters burn mage so whatever

Soul Fly

IMMA TEACH YOU WHAT SPLASHIN' MEANS
is a Contributor Alumnus
It's awesome, when those sick-fuck annoying rogue decks lose steam..... Only if I got my hands on Alexstraza.

Lavos

Banned deucer.
Are there ANY cheap decks that beat control warrior?
i got legend w/only control warrior last season. zoo is a pain in the ass, maybe the biggest pain in the ass. sure you have a shit ton of removal but your creatures are shit and they keep flooding the board. armorsmith and frothing both die to soulfire which is a real pain in the ass. taskmaster doesnt do shit because they run like 4 total 1 health minions (2 priestess 2 abusive, squire has shield so it doesnt count). war axe is good for 2 creatures, sometimes. only 1 if they start with the bullshit priestess coin voidwalker and get a 4 hp taunt off the bat. gorehowl sucks cause it costs you hp and blows your entire turn 7.

anyways the reason you only win like 35% of the time as warrior is because they apply constant pressure to your board with low cost high value minions and you only have 2 full board clears, AND THATS IF YOU RUN BRAWL + GEDDON and are able to stall long enough to draw them. i used to not run geddon cause i thought it was a shit card, had jones in there instead because of all the warrior mirrors/shamans/hunters (fuck your eaglehorn bow) but i had to switch over just because everyone and their mother played zoo last season. if you dont draw into at least one of those cards you lost. plus even if you manage to board clear twice theyre still throwing shit at you so you have to draw one of your big ass late game threats to close it out, that isnt rag, because rag sucks when they have 5 minions out at once and 3+ of them have like 2 health.

so what you need to beat zoo as control warrior is

1. mulligan for armorsmiths, frothings, and war axes
2. draw into shield blocks to stall for mana, hopefully shield slams/whirlwinds are coming up around this point
3. draw into brawl/geddon
4. draw into finisher (ysera, grom, onyxia if you run that)

and this is really hard to do. imo control warrior is all about knowing your cards and knowing your late game really well, outplaying the enemy using your superior knowledge of the game and thinking about probabilities the entire time. like if youre playing against a druid, what is the chance he has fon + roar in his hand because if i use gorehowl to kill this baine it will drop me to 14 hp which is enough for the combo to kill me, etc. you use your smarts and endgame knowledge to beat the other guy. but the zoo matchup is retarded because it always goes one of two ways and there is absolutely zero thought from either side regardless of the outcome. youre dead by turn 7 or you have 20 hp on turn 7. the matchup is brainless and entirely dependent on what the warrior player draws. fucking horrible matchup because even if it goes your way you know it didnt take an ounce of skill to get the win.

tl;dr fuck zoo

remlabmez

@dacopboss
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Been playing Burn Mage since two days ago and it's a pretty hard deck to actually play right. It does feel very you vs. your deck but maybe that's why I like it. Too bad rank 5 right now is Control Warriors and healing Druids :c.

I'd go back to Control Warrior but I'm pretty bad at the mirror, so I think Handlock might be making a return in my deck roster.
I'd actually be playing a ton of control warrior if the mirror match wasn't so bad and boring. Usually ends up with both dudes going to fatigue. I had 3 mirrors in a row one day, I haven't played control warrior since then l0l. Mirror matches for other classes is fine...just warrior man

Matthew

I'd actually be playing a ton of control warrior if the mirror match wasn't so bad and boring. Usually ends up with both dudes going to fatigue. I had 3 mirrors in a row one day, I haven't played control warrior since then l0l. Mirror matches for other classes is fine...just warrior man
I actually find the mirror really interesting and fun to play, seeing how we're trying to get better value out of the same cards. That being said I'm just straight bad at out-valuing another control warrior \0/

His Eminence Lord Poppington II

proverb:the fish who eats most dies still too
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
current hovering at rank 5-4. as someone who previously peaked at rank 9 last season, i sure miss my bonus winstreak stars.

playing mostly my own shockadin (pally aggro) build, with the occasional aggro/mill rogue (backspace), or ramp druid for stability.

i crafted mukla recently, so i've been playing a lot of mill. i don't know if i'm brave enough to use the millacle druid posted on reddit today, but that shit is fun as hell.

with exams done i gotta push for that legend, yo

Soul Fly

IMMA TEACH YOU WHAT SPLASHIN' MEANS
is a Contributor Alumnus
So guys, I'm planning on it anyways but I'd just run it past here.

As many of you pointed out Hoggar is a meh card with no place in the current or the forseeable meta. So I should DE it without any sort of regrets? Or is there any sort of use to that card?

That would mean at least 5 non-legendary cards commonly used in the meta I could craft, which will be greatly beneficial to me.

blitzlefan

shake it off!
So guys, I'm planning on it anyways but I'd just run it past here.

As many of you pointed out Hoggar is a meh card with no place in the current or the forseeable meta. So I should DE it without any sort of regrets? Or is there any sort of use to that card?

That would mean at least 5 non-legendary cards commonly used in the meta I could craft, which will be greatly beneficial to me.
IMO Hogger is pretty useless so just DE it if you're not a collector - I pretty much DE everything that's not in the few classes I play (Hunter, Rogue, Warlock, and saving up for Druid) and DEing legendaries helps a lot if you don't plan on spending money on the game.

Also, (towards earlier posters) Alexstraza Freeze Mage got more popular on the ladder after RDU 3-0'd Amaz with it in the Dreamhack finals iirc. (grrrrr)

My little brother just hit Legend today. And he's only been playing for barely 2 months.

I've been playing since open beta and have still never hit Legend :(

Also, (towards earlier posters) Alexstraza Freeze Mage got more popular on the ladder after RDU 3-0'd Amaz with it in the Dreamhack finals iirc. (grrrrr)
Yeah, that's exactly what happened. I don't understand why people play it so much though. He got pretty lucky a few times, and Amaz played badly with Hunter vs. him.

also does anyone have the build for the aggro rogue that's been going around lately? I've heard about it, but I haven't been playing much so I haven't seen it much. Rogue best class, aggro most fun to play, so it sounds gr8.

edit I guess I could have scrolled up,,,,,,

Last edited:

is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

Matthew

Here it is: http://www.reddit.com/r/hearthstone/comments/2719t5/2_na_backspaces_coldlight_rogue/

Lavos Spawn deck list?

Soul Fly Hogger was my first legendary. I DE'd him after owning the card for several weeks. I do not regret it. I would strongly advise you to do the same if you are in need of neutral rares like argus / argent commander / azure drake, or even class rares.
Hogger can work in ramp Power of the Wild deck. I won't say that it's worth keeping, however innovation is the blood of the metagame so try to make the card work if you really want it to.

Yea, or you can master of disguise it. That's the classic one. Realistically, if your primary focus is to learn the game and play with the stronger decks, then DE the bastard. Once you have a reasonable collection and a good understanding of the game & deckbuilding, then get another Hogger, keep that one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)