Megas For All (Read the whole 1st post and check current slate)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valmanway

My jimmies remain unrustled
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Mega Honchkrow

Dark / Flying ----> Dark / Flying
Insomnia / Super Luck / Moxie ----> Technician
100 / 125 / 52 / 105 / 52 / 71 (505) ----> 100 / 155 (+30) / 92 (+40) / 115 (+10) / 92 (+40) / 51 (-20)
New Moves: Bulk Up

Mega Honchkrow plays rather differently from his original form in the sense that he becomes a tankish mixed wallbreaker. With 155 / 115 offenses and Technician, Mega Honchkrow hits very hard, as his Brave Birds and Sucker Punches pack an extra punch now, and Incinerate, Air Cutter, and Hidden Power get a nice power-up. his Speed was dropped to bring his defenses up to great levels, and Roost ensures he lasts in a fight for a while. the best part is he can still sweep teams with Sucker Punch. Plus, Bulk Up allows for some interesting bulky sweeping, and Calm Mind is already there for the special side of things.

Mega Honchkrow
Dark / Flying ----> Dark / Flying
Insomnia / Super Luck / Moxie ----> Tough Claws
100 / 125 / 52 / 105 / 52 / 71 ----> 100 / 150 / 90 / 125 / 90 / 50
New Moves: Wild Charge, Stone Edge
Concept: Honchkrow's talons become razor sharp like hell itself!

Either way, 100/90/90 defenses with 2 immunities is great. Boltbeam/rock weakness is not cool or fun, but is able to be worked around and between Roost and its ability, it can stay alive fairly well. It's fairly slow, but Sucker Punch can work around that. With Tough Claws, it can easily afford to ease up on its offenses in favor of a defensive stat.

252+ Atk Mega Tyranitar Stone Edge vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Honchkrow: 330-390 (81.6 - 96.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after sandstorm damage

That's a feat of defense right there. Not to mention, your Superpower kills it anyway with no investment, but wouldn't without Tough Claws.

252 Atk Aerilate Mega Pinsir Return vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Honchkrow: 192-226 (47.5 - 55.9%) -- 78.5% chance to 2HKO

It goes without saying that Brave Bird is a surefire kill in return. What do you mean I stole the idea for Tough Claws from Theorymons? That's ridiculous!

Mega Drifblim
Ghost/Flying
Aftermath/Unburden/Flare Boost>>>Motor Drive
150/80/44/90/54/80>>>150/85/74/115/84/90
New Moves: Electrify
Concept: Mega Blimp is what Hindenburg wishes it were: motorized! The motor gives it a better purpose than you think: passing! Pass that boost and enjoy your thunder immunity! Do what unburden never could, and pass speed!

Mega Drifblim
Ghost / Flying -----> Ghost / Flying
Aftermath / Unburden / Flare Boost -----> After Burner
*Flare boost clone that also burns upon obtaining ability.*
150/80/44/90/54/80 -----> 150/80/69/120/79/100
New Moves: Overheat

Given that Drifblim is the only pokemon that receives Flare Boost, I thought it would be cool if it could actually utilize such a cool ability. I knew this would be impossible without holding a flame orb so I tweaked the ability accordingly. Drifblim is now a powerful special sweeper that cannot be worn down quickly by toxic. Overheat gives Drifblim a powerful coverage move.

Mega Lopunny
Normal -----> Normal / Fairy
Cute Charm / Klutz / Limber -----> Huge power
65/76/84/54/96/105 -----> 65/91/99/84/101/140
New Moves: Play Rough

Diggersby is rabbit. Azumaril is a rabbit. Lopunny is a rabbit.
Diggersby has huge power. Azumaril has huge power. Lopunny Doesn’t have huge power
Well now Lopunny does have Huge Power. Not quite as powerful as Mega-Mawile but much faster. Lopunny also lacks set up unlike the other Huge power users but it still has priority and is in an epic speed tier. It is also worth noting Fake Out and Jump Kick for hitting steels that resist Lopunny’s STABs. To sum it up...
Super speed + Massive attack + STAB priority = Bad news for a lot of pokemon.
Still quite flimsy though and Hazards are a problem. So is Aegislash -_-

I wrote this on the train. I have some ideas for Gastrodon but I couldn't write any since I didn't know its base stats.

Mega Lopunny
Normal -> Normal
Cute Charm / Klutz / Limber -> Butterfinger Aura (Auto Magic Room upon Switch in/Mega Evolve)
65/76/84/54/96/105 -> 65/126/104/54/116/115
New Moves: Play Rough, Swords Dance

Lopunny has the all around fun (but not too good) combination of Klutz + Switcheroo to cripple opponents. Now, since Mega Lopunny can't carry an item, Mega Lopunny instead gains the ability to magically alter reality to make people's items as useful as its items are.

The stats are simple. My friend convinced me around the time Gen IV started that Lopunny was a rather strong physical attacker. Of course that was a boldface lie and my friend didn't know anything really. So, this Mega is trying to make it into an actual attacker that can use its vast coverage moves

Swords Dance is because it needs some way to boost its attack. Play Rough, well, while some might say its JUST Fairy coverage, many people, including me, think Lopunny is like a Playboy Bunny and I'm certain they play rough if you know what I mean...

TROLL ALERT! TROLL ALERT! TROLL ALERT!

Mega Drifblim
Ghost/Flying -> Ghost/Flying
Aftermath / Unburden / Flare Boost -> Slow Start
150/80/44/90/54/80 -> 150/100/84/130/94/40
Moves: Trick Room, Skill Swap as level up move, Wish

Hot Air Balloons aren't very fast. That is a fact. Sure they may pick up speed when the wind blows but that's going to take a while. And even then, there are WAY faster things out there than them. Mega Drifblim takes that to heart by being one of the only Pokemon with a negative ability to actually USE it to its COMPLETE advantage (Sure Entrainment Truant Durant is a thing, but it still has to suffer from it). It's simple when you look at it. A super slow Pokemon...with Slow Start...and Trick Room and Skill Swap. Hmm...what shall I do with that?

Effectively, go cripple the opponent's team with this. It doesn't matter how, but this thing has got the defenses to survive a lot of stuff and do what you want to do. It's got Wish for healing. And it can get rid of its negative ability with Skill Swap or use it for even more fun with Trick Room. Use Skill Swap and Will-o-Wisp on a physical attacker to completely shut it down if you want! That's a fun thing...

Mega Gastrodon
Typing: Water/Ground ----> Water/Ground
Abilities: Sticky Hold/Storm Drain/Sand Force ----> Storm Drain
BST: 111/83/68/92/82/39 ----> 111/88/93/114/120/49
New Moves: None

Pretty much a straight-up upgrade of normal Gastrodon. There isn't much reason to change its typing; the ability as well. Mega Gastrodon's defenses are decent enough to live a Choice Band Talonflame's Brave Bird with only a 7.4% chance of being 2HKOed, with 252 HP / 200+ Def, while with 252 HP / 52 Sp.Def it can tank Aegislash's Shadow Ball pretty well.

Mega Drifblim
Typing: Ghost/Flying ----> Ghost/Flying
Abilities: Aftermath/Unburden/Flare Boost ----> Clear Sky (Cancels ongoing weather; prevents weather from starting as long as the ability wielder is on field.)
BST: 150/80/44/90/54/80 ----> 150/70/64/140/74/100
New Moves: Nasty Plot, Focus Blast, Air Slash

Mega Drifblim is intended to be used against mostly slower weather starters and abusers. With the Clear Sky ability, opponents with abilities such as Chlorophyll, Swift Swim or Sand Force loses their use, and can greatly dent the strength of weather teams. Mega Drifblim possess decent bulk as well; allowing it to set up Nasty Plot. However, even with the bulk Mega Drifblim isn't exactly tankish, and can be taken down via powerful moves.

Mega Honchkrow
Typing: Dark/Flying ----> Dark/Flying
Abilities: Insomnia/Super Luck/Moxie ----> Intimidate
BST: 100/125/52/105/52/71 ----> 100/151/70/109/98/77
New Moves: Bulk Up, Earthquake

After revenge killing with Sucker Punch and nabbing the Moxie boost, Honchkrow can mega evolve for higher bulk and Intimidate. Honchkrow has a good base 100 HP, which combined with a base 70 Defense and Intimidate, can actually survive Mega Garchomp's Stone Edge under Sand. Bulk Up can further boost Mega Honchkrow's Atk and Def, and Earthquake is an alternative to Superpower, which lowers the user's Atk and Def.

This is either good or terrible idk

Gastrodon (Gastrodonite)
Type: Water/Ground -> Water/Ground
Abilities: Sticky Hold, Storm Drain (Sand Force) -> Liquid Ooze
New Moves: Gastro Acid, Hydro Pump

HP: 111 -> 111
Atk: 83 -> 93 (+10)
Def: 68 -> 98 (+30)
SpA: 92 -> 112 (+20)
SpD: 82 -> 122 (+40)
Spe: 39 -> 39
BST: 475 -> 575

Pokédex: "When its natural enemy attacks, it oozes purple fluid and escapes." What's Gastrodon's natural enemy? Grass types, of course. Liquid Ooze has some competitive justification as well, as it can surprise opposing grass-types. The only other thing that would think to use Liquid Ooze is Tentacruel, but just look:

252+ SpA Mega Venusaur Giga Drain vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Gastrodon: 360-424 (84.5 - 99.5%)

Saur's max HP is 364 so instead of gaining back at least half of its valuable HP, it loses it. Then there's leech seed, which Gastrodon can just recover through while forcing passive damage on opponents. It's risky and probably a bit niche but a unique idea.

Also, Gastro Acid. Gastrodon. Duh.

Drifblim (Drifblimite)
Type: Ghost/Flying -> Ghost/Flying
Abilities: Aftermath, Unberden (Flare Boost) -> Magic Bounce
New Moves: Flamethrower, Air Slash, Roost

HP: 150 -> 150
Atk: 80 -> 80
Def: 44 -> 74 (+30)
SpA: 90 -> 110 (+20)
SpD: 54 -> 84 (+30)
Spe: 80 -> 100 (+20)
BST: 498 -> 598

Balloons are bouncy so Magic Bounce. It gives Drifblim a defensive purpose since that sweet 150 HP was going to waste.

Lopunny (Lopunnite)
Type: Normal -> Normal
Abilities: Cute Charm, Klutz (Limber) -> Fur Coat
New Moves: ExtremeSpeed

HP: 65 -> 65
Atk: 76 -> 116 (+40)
Def: 84 -> 94 (+10)
SpA: 54 -> 54
SpD: 96 -> 136 (+40)
Spe: 105 -> 115 (+10)
BST: 480 -> 580

Honchkrow (Honchkrowite)
Type: Dark/Flying -> Dark/Flying
Abilities: Insomnia, Super Luck (Moxie) -> Prankster
New Moves: Bulk Up, Memento

HP: 100 -> 100
Atk: 125 -> 135 (+10)
Def: 52 -> 72 (+20)
SpA: 105 -> 125 (+20)
SpD: 52 -> 72 (+20)
Spe: 71 -> 101 (+30)
BST: 505 -> 605

Murkrow gets Prankster... why shouldn't Honchkrow? Moxie is cool and all but with access to T-wave, Confuse Ray, Nasty Plot, Roost, CM Haze, Mean Look, Perish Song, Tailwind, Featherdance, and now Bulk Up... it can fill so many roles thanks to Prankster.

Last edited:

Valzy

Destroyer of Worlds
is a Contributor Alumnus
We never really decided. There's a lot of moves that it could. Why? Who were you going to give it to and which moves were you thinking about?
Gallade with Leaf Blade, Night Slash, Fury Cutter, Slash, Psycho Cut, False Swipe, Aerial Ace, X-Scissor, Cross Poison, and Sacred Sword

Gallade with Leaf Blade, Night Slash, Fury Cutter, Slash, Psycho Cut, False Swipe, Aerial Ace, X-Scissor, Cross Poison, and Sacred Sword
I think the only one of those he doesn't get is Sacred Sword and I would be fine with declaring all of them (except maybe Cross Poison) slashing moves. If you add Razor Shell we practically have all the relevant ones for this meta anyways

Valzy

Destroyer of Worlds
is a Contributor Alumnus
I think the only one of those he doesn't get is Sacred Sword and I would be fine with declaring all of them (except maybe Cross Poison) slashing moves. If you add Razor Shell we practically have all the relevant ones for this meta anyways
"A slashing attack with a poisonous blade that may also poison the target. Critical hits land more easily."

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
Scizor learns it, and it doesn't make sense in the Japanese version either (its name is Feather Rest there).
Scyther and Scizor do have wings, so maybe that is the reason? I'm not sure myself tbh taking the japanese name into account but that's as close as I can get to a reason.

EDIT: Yeah that seems to be the reason if Rosenfeldius agrees

Last edited:

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
I deleted the post because I didn't want to discuss, but whatever

Yeah, virtually all pokémon with Roost have wings, but I don't see how Roost Drifblim would be out there. We have Dunsparce learning it even though it manages to fly only a couple meters above ground, while Drifblim is a Flying-type that could easily "roost" to restore health.

Last edited:
Some of them like Natu and Scizor don't actually use their wings, so they wouldn't need to rest their wings. And Lati@s just float without flapping their wings (if you can even call those wings).

Roost makes more sense than Recover, at least.

Last edited:
I said I'd make a Gastrodon set. So here's effectively a better Gastrodon.

Gastrodon
Water/Ground -> Water/Ground
Sticky Hold/Storm Drain/Sand Force -> Water Absorb
111/83/68/92/82/39 -> 111/83/108/112/122/39
Moves: +Hydro Pump

Effectively a much better Gastrodon. Instead of using Storm Drain it uses Water Absorb for healing over increasing special attack. Otherwise it's the same old Gastrodon we all know and love

Gastrodon
Sticky Hold/Storm Drain/Sand Force -> Artillery (Tough Claws for non-contact moves)
111/83/68/92/82/39 -> 111/88/108/117/122/19
Moves: +Hydro Pump, Gunk Shot, Toxic Spikes

Concept: By going with the ranged counterpart to Contact moves, Gastrodon becomes a lot more tanky as it grows shooters from its antennae. They're not launchers, more like guns. Much like Tough Claws Honchkrow, 33% more damage from ranged moves means you can florgo some offenses to get defensive presence. The lack of water resistance isn't good, and is a trade off for going mega.

It can wall quite well with max phys defense. 111/108/122 is no defensive slouch by ANY stretch.

252 Atk Aerilate Mega Pinsir Return vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Gastrodon: 169-201 (39.6 - 47.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

In turn...

4 SpA Tough Claws Gastrodon Scald vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mega Pinsir: 144-169 (53.1 - 62.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

That's not a small feat, and yes that calc is with Waterfall changed to special with me putting scald in its place.

Ice Beam, oddly enough, isn't that much stronger.

0 SpA Tough Claws Gastrodon Ice Fang vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mega Pinsir: 216-256 (79.7 - 94.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO.

It's mostly for dragons.

+2 252 Atk Sand Force Mega Garchomp Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Gastrodon in Sand: 355-418 (83.3 - 98.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

In turn, Ice Beam kills, but ONLY because of Artillery. Artillery opens up defensive avenues brought on by heightened defensive stats and a single weakness you can see coming a mile away. The ability to setup rocks and Tspikes gives great utility and recover is a welcome tanking skill.

Last edited:
Gastrodon
Sticky Hold/Storm Drain/Sand Force -> Artillery (Tough Claws for non-contact moves)
111/83/68/92/82/39 -> 111/88/108/117/122/19
Moves: +Hydro Pump, Gunk Shot

Concept: By going with the ranged counterpart to Contact moves, Gastrodon becomes a lot more tanky as it grows shooters from its antennae. They're not launchers, more like guns. Much like Tough Claws Honchkrow, 33% more damage from ranged moves means you can florgo some offenses to get defensive presence. The lack of water resistance isn't good, and is a trade off for going mega.

If anyone knows how I could make calcs for this to prove my point, by all means.
Make it's physical attack stat it's physical attack stat in the calc, then make the desired moves used physical

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)