Other Team Showcase

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monte Cristo

Banned deucer.
approved by Subject 18
OU Team Showcase

Welcome to the Overused tier Team Showcase! This is where you can post your teams, but not for critique, but for showcasing! This thread will obviously consist of high level known teams and underrated teams. Anyways how this will work is this:​
  • A user puts the team in a format (that I will post later)
  • Then they post the team
  • Every sunday I will take the best teams showcased in this thread and compile them in the OP and keep them there
  • Do not post your team if you're planning to use it in a big tour and/or do not want to get counter teamed
  • Do not post your team if you're afraid it will be stolen
  • The purpose of this thread is to showcase good teams to the public
  • This is not for critique, if your posting it like you want or need it (i.e. "help plz") your post will be deleted
Here is the format:
Team Name: x
Team Playstyle: x
impotable of the team in hide tags
an explanation of how the team works and any possible success you've achieved with it
please try not to make your team in all bold unless your computers formatting crashed, in that case, please edit your post once you have the time and/or a stable computer to do so.

Anyways here is the compilation of teams I was referring to(IMPORTANT: there is currently 1 example, and it is in Offense):
Hyper Offense
Team Name: Relentless Torrent by Askeia
Deoxys-Speed @ Damp Rock
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 4 Spd / 252 HP / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Rain Dance
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Superpower

Politoed @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 84 Spd / 252 SAtk / 172 HP
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Encore

Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 44 Atk / 100 SDef / 116 Def
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Roost

Kingdra @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 228 Spd / 40 Atk / 240 SAtk
Rash Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Draco Meteor
- Waterfall
- Rain Dance

Kabutops @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Stone Edge
- Low Kick
- Swords Dance

Tornadus @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 Spd / 4 Atk / 252 SAtk
Naive Nature
- Tailwind
- Hurricane
- Superpower
- U-turn
Even though Drizzle being limited to 8 turns is a disappointment for Politoed, but the return of Swift Swim makes its a blessing in disguise. Bulky Deoxys-S has a niche over max speed Deoxys-S is the ability to always get up rocks and Rain against lead TTars. Deoxys-S also outspeeds both Charizards so that it can always get RD + SR against them. Kingdra and Kabutops are the poster boys of Rain Offense so they are pretty much needed. Kingdra runs enough EVs so that it doesn't get revenge killed by the rare Scarf Latios. 40 Atk to OHKO Thundurus-I with Waterfall if it comes in after Draco Meteor. Low Kick on Kabutops rather than Aqua Jet because even +2 Aqua Jet outside of rain is pretty weak, and in rain, it is fast enough to use Waterfall effectively, Low Kick on the otherhand, eliminates opposing Ferrothorns which are a great threat to Rain offense. Politoed is a must because manual rain teams are automatically at a disadvantage against opposing weather teams. Rain hyper offense usually doesn't need Politoed in more than twice, so offensive Politoed is opted for to break down opposing Venusaur and Ferrothorns to make life easier. Tornadus-I allows the team to defeat opposing Rain teams with Tailwind or go for a sweep of its own with the strongest unboosted Hurricane in the game. Scizor serves as the glue to the team, walling Aegislash, grass types and Sand offense while providing momentum against them.

Rain offense completely relies on momentum to work so it is ideal to make every move one that grabs momentum. Deoxys is the standard lead against everything except (anticipared) Prankster Taunt leads, almost guaranteeing both an SR and RD up before going down. Against Aegislash leads, get SR up, then go to Politoed to Encore the anticipated King's Shield (or go for the Scald), and then get another free switch. Politoed should be kept alive until opposing Tyranitar/Hippowdon dies, with switches to Scizor. Scizor is the standard check to all Sand sweepers in general, and to bulky grasses etc. Against faster teams which I have a bad matchup against, I like to save Kingdra till the end because many players expect Kingdra to not carry RD of its own, usually netting me a surprise sweep with Kabutops at the end
Team Name: "Don't Fuckle"by z0mOG
Shuckle @ Mental Herb
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 Atk
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Sticky Web
- Encore
- Knock Off

Bisharp @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance

Aegislash @ Air Balloon
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 232 HP / 252 SAtk / 24 Spd
Quiet Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Shadow Sneak
- Sacred Sword
- King's Shield

Azumarill @ Assault Vest
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 Atk / 236 HP / 20 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Superpower

Landorus (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Earth Power
- Focus Blast
- Psychic

Staraptor @ Choice Band
Ability: Reckless
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Close Combat
- Final Gambit
- U-turn

Since we all know Deoxys is soon to be banned from ou, and I wanted to play hyper offense still, I built this team around another good hazard layer: Shuckle. This team should always lead off with shuckle, (or a counter to your opponents shuckle counter), so that you can almost always ensure your opponents side has either stealth rocks or sticky web up. Sticky web allows for some slower pokemon on this team to function well, since they won't be outsped by certain threats anymore. Bisharp is my key defog blocker and main setup sweeper. I can threaten my opponent to not defog in fear of raising Bisharp to +2 which is incredibly scary. And since I will most of the time have the +1 speed advantage (sticky web) I felt safe with adamant. Aegislash is my spin blocker and main special attacker. The air balloon can prevent excadrill from being able to touch me, and excadrill is really the only viable spinner besides maybe starmie. I noticed at this point my large weakness to charizard-y as well as Conkeldurr. So I went with azumarill. Assault vest Azumarill allows me to tank a solar beam at around 30% and finish off with waterfall+Aqua jet. I went with superpower over knock off in fear of ferrothorn. Then I decided I wanted more pokemon that benefit from sticky web so I chose one of the best stall breakers and setup sweepers in the meta: Landorus. Landorus would usually be stopped by keldeo and greninja whom I can now beat with sticky web support. The other biggest checks are the latis whom are shutdown by aegislash and are defog bait for Bisharp. My last pokemon is starptor, whom is my nuke mon. With sticky web up I can safely run a choice band and literally nuke everything. I chose final gambit over double edge because I tend not to even use double edge, and final gambit can get me out of situations I would otherwise be threatened in, such as Mega Mawile. I tested this team mainly in the suspect ladder for the deoxys brothers.

------------------
Offense

Weavile Offense Alpha- by Monte Cristo

Weavile @ Life Orb
EVs: 144 Spd / 252 Atk / 112 HP
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Ice Punch
- Ice Shard

Charizard @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Blaze
Modest Nature
- Flamethrower
- Solar Beam
- Focus Blast
- Roost

Latias (F) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Psyshock
- Healing Wish

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Electric]

Mandibuzz (F) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 224 Def / 252 HP / 32 Spd
Bold Nature
- Roost
- Defog
- Foul Play
- Taunt

Amoonguss @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 248 Def / 8 Spd
Bold Nature
- Spore
- Stun Spore
- Giga Drain
- Clear Smog

This team is the best offense team I've ever built in XY(yes, I am a stall player). Anyways this team revolves around Pursuit weavile and it's huge ability to pursuit or knock off latis before they can even make a move. This team features the infamous Charizard Y + Keldeo core which is used along with weavile to minimize counters to all of them. Hidden Power [Electric] Keldeo is rare, but on this team it serves a good purpose in order to OHKO regular Gyarados trying to switch and set up on Keldeo (before it megas) and 2HKOs standard CB Azumarill or even prevent Belly Drum Azumarill from setting up. Keldeo is also amazing on this team as it eases the Bisharp weakness (incase Mandibuzz fails me).Charizard Y threatens Mega Venusaur and many other bulky pokemon threatening the Weavile-Keldeo core. And in general is one of the best wallbreakers to this date and appreciates pursuit Weavile's ability to threaten Chansey and OHKO Lati@s. The EVs on Weavile are very key as it outspeeds Thundurus and OHKOs with Ice Shard if it is in the 70-76% range, While leaving the rest into bulk in order to live random stuff like (weakened because staying in on Lucario normally is a death trap) Lucario Extremespeed. Anyways the defense core of this team is extremely venemous as between them little physical attackers can muscle through the might of Mandiguss. Especially with rocky helmet. As this team was used to achieve 1200 Elo and 1700 Coil (before I switched to using stall) on the OU suspect ladder, I had to have a DeoSHarp counter, and Mandibuzz can take any 2 +2 hits from Bisharp and Foul PLay + Roost to victory while Taunting and Defogging on the aforementioned Deoxys-D. It's also a great answer to non BoltBeam Deoxys-S which helped while laddering. Amoong is my great answer to Mawile, Azumarill and others. Anyways we get to the last pokemon, Scarf Latias, a rare sight among OU, but it sure as hell is effective. I first realized that, in a ladder full of DeoSharp, Defog is the worst set on Latias. Anyways upon this realization I also noticed my weakness to Mega-Pinsir and Mega Charizard X (eh, Mandi can check them but I added Mandibuzz last) which, with Latias' bulk (lives +2 quick attack while Latios can potentially die, especially with SR) and speed (w/ scarf it can revenge kill Deoxys-Speed, wow RKing Deo-S, what an odd sound that has to it) and great STAB, plus healing wish really helps with getting a secondary Char Y, Keldeo or even Weavile swep. Overall a nice team that I used to get 1700 COIL in order to transition into using stall for suspect reqs.

------------------
Balance

------------------
Semi Stall

------------------
Full Stall

Team Name: Manly Tears by Nog
Stunfisk @ Leftovers
Ability: Static
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 SDef
Calm Nature
- Earth Power
- Rest
- Stealth Rock
- Thunderbolt

Mantine @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature
- Defog
- Rest
- Scald
- Toxic

Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Impish Nature
- Counter
- Defog
- Roost
- Whirlwind

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
Bold Nature
- Heal Bell
- Flamethrower
- Moonblast
- Moonlight

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SDef
Bold Nature
- Heal Bell
- Seismic Toss
- Soft-Boiled
- Wish

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 HP / 68 Def / 188 SDef
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Leech Seed
- Sludge Bomb
- Synthesis

Some of my favorite Pokemon are not used much for various reasons, no reliable recovery, bad stats, bad typing, outclassed, etc. For this reason I wanted to minimize those flaws as much as possible and made this full stall team in their honor.

Stunfisk is a specially defensive wall and my main lead as it can reliably set up hazards on a number of leads. It has very respectable bulk and has the coveted electric typing that most stall teams can't afford to run (Zapdos is literally the only other good stallish electric type :/). Discharge can be ran over Thunderbolt if you know you will be playing offense or the sort but generally the small boost in power helps from Thunderbolt.

Mantine is another lesser used stall type mon mainly because of its bad defensive typing and the fact that it doesn't have reliable recovery despite it being a carbon copy of Skarmory stat wise (gj gamefreak...). It's main job on the team is to provide an answer to common stall threats such as Landorus or Keldeo. It has great synergy with Stunfisk and pairs well with Skarmory as they have the same stats just from different ends of the spectrum.

Now onto the boring, standard, fat ass mons that you all are used to seeing. First up is Skarmory. It is my main answer to offensive powerhouses like Landorus-Therian or Garchomp and pairs well with Mantine to provide a duo-Defog core. Originally I had Stealth Rock on over Whirlwind but I was really in need of a phazer and had Stunfisk chllin' with hazards already. I'm in love with Counter Skarmory atm because it is amazing against outrage spam, Azumarill, and Bisharp who might start causing trouble if I let them set up.

Clefable is my Unaware mon and my fairy. It helps out with Heal Bell to wake up Mantine and Stunfisk as they always seem to over sleep when I need them ?_? Flamethrower is to net surprise KO's on Scizor, Ferrothorn, and Skarmory as more often than not they believe I don't have it. Unaware is so valuable right now that you pretty much can't build a stall team without one. Set-up sweepers are just devastating in this meta and unready teams just get popped. Clefable is also my main answer to Kyurem-b as the rest of the team gets hit pretty hard by him. If it doesn't have Iron Head and doesn't get haxxed (big IF on the latter point) I can win 1v1.

Chansey is pretty much a staple on stall, but on semi stall it can be replaced with a nice n clean Mega Charizard X. It's on my team because it's wish supports are godly, it's fat af so it helps wall a lot, and Natural Cure helps a ton in stall vs stall games. Heal Bell is somewhat optional as Clefable also has it but with two Pokemon without reliable recovery by themselves and a third who hates residual damage it can be risky. Toxic / Thunder Wave usually replaces it if need be.

Lastly I was in need of a mega and a grass type. Mega Venusaur fit the bill perfectly so it was added pretty quickly. Having a secondary counter to Keldeo and Azumarill is also amazingly useful and Leech Seed support helps with its lack of passive sustainability. Sludge Bomb is interchangeable with HP Fire but so far I haven't needed to use it when I have Flamethrower Clefable. HP Fire allows beat Ferrothorn and gives you a way to hit Skarmory, but is generally exclusive to balanced teams as opposed to stall.

Last edited:
Team Name: "Don't Fuckle"
Team Playstyle: Hyper Offense

Shuckle @ Mental Herb
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 Atk
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Sticky Web
- Encore
- Knock Off

Bisharp @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance

Aegislash @ Air Balloon
EVs: 232 HP / 252 SAtk / 24 Spd
Quiet Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Shadow Sneak
- Sacred Sword
- King's Shield

Azumarill @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 Atk / 236 HP / 20 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Superpower

Landorus (M) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Earth Power
- Focus Blast
- Psychic

Staraptor @ Choice Band
Ability: Reckless
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Close Combat
- Final Gambit
- U-turn

Since we all know Deoxys is soon to be banned from ou, and I wanted to play hyper offense still, I built this team around another good hazard layer: Shuckle. This team should always lead off with shuckle, (or a counter to your opponents shuckle counter), so that you can almost always ensure your opponents side has either stealth rocks or sticky web up. Sticky web allows for some slower pokemon on this team to function well, since they won't be outsped by certain threats anymore. Bisharp is my key defog blocker and main setup sweeper. I can threaten my opponent to not defog in fear of raising Bisharp to +2 which is incredibly scary. And since I will most of the time have the +1 speed advantage (sticky web) I felt safe with adamant. Aegislash is my spin blocker and main special attacker. The air balloon can prevent excadrill from being able to touch me, and excadrill is really the only viable spinner besides maybe starmie. I noticed at this point my large weakness to charizard-y as well as Conkeldurr. So I went with azumarill. Assault vest Azumarill allows me to tank a solar beam at around 30% and finish off with waterfall+Aqua jet. I went with superpower over knock off in fear of ferrothorn. Then I decided I wanted more pokemon that benefit from sticky web so I chose one of the best stall breakers and setup sweepers in the meta: Landorus. Landorus would usually be stopped by keldeo and greninja whom I can now beat with sticky web support. The other biggest checks are the latis whom are shutdown by aegislash and are defog bait for Bisharp. My last pokemon is starptor, whom is my nuke mon. With sticky web up I can safely run a choice band and literally nuke everything. I chose final gambit over double edge because I tend not to even use double edge, and final gambit can get me out of situations I would otherwise be threatened in, such as Mega Mawile. I tested this team mainly in the suspect ladder for the deoxys brothers.

Question: Even though the builders should not look for critique can we still comment on them?

Suggestion: Replays could be a nice addition to the project. This project seems like a great idea IMO regardless.

Monte Cristo

Banned deucer.
Question: Even though the builders should not look for critique can we still comment on them?

Suggestion: Replays could be a nice addition to the project. This project seems like a great idea IMO regardless.
I'd like to the comments limited to "nice team" atm. Also yeah, replays will be a way to make your team getting into the OP a more convincinv case but it's not mandatory. Also thanks

Team Name: Relentless Torrent
Team Playstyle: Rain Hyper Offense
Deoxys-Speed @ Damp Rock
EVs: 4 Spd / 252 HP / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Rain Dance
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Superpower

Politoed @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 84 Spd / 252 SAtk / 172 HP
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Encore

Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 44 Atk / 100 SDef / 116 Def
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Roost

Kingdra @ Life Orb
EVs: 228 Spd / 40 Atk / 240 SAtk
Rash Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Draco Meteor
- Waterfall
- Rain Dance

Kabutops @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Stone Edge
- Low Kick
- Swords Dance

Tornadus @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 Spd / 4 Atk / 252 SAtk
Naive Nature
- Tailwind
- Hurricane
- Superpower
- U-turn
Even though Drizzle being limited to 8 turns is a disappointment for Politoed, but the return of Swift Swim makes its a blessing in disguise. Bulky Deoxys-S has a niche over max speed Deoxys-S is the ability to always get up rocks and Rain against lead TTars. Deoxys-S also outspeeds both Charizards so that it can always get RD + SR against them. Kingdra and Kabutops are the poster boys of Rain Offense so they are pretty much needed. Kingdra runs enough EVs so that it doesn't get revenge killed by the rare Scarf Latios. 40 Atk to OHKO Thundurus-I with Waterfall if it comes in after Draco Meteor. Low Kick on Kabutops rather than Aqua Jet because even +2 Aqua Jet outside of rain is pretty weak, and in rain, it is fast enough to use Waterfall effectively, Low Kick on the otherhand, eliminates opposing Ferrothorns which are a great threat to Rain offense. Politoed is a must because manual rain teams are automatically at a disadvantage against opposing weather teams. Rain hyper offense usually doesn't need Politoed in more than twice, so offensive Politoed is opted for to break down opposing Venusaur and Ferrothorns to make life easier. Tornadus-I allows the team to defeat opposing Rain teams with Tailwind or go for a sweep of its own with the strongest unboosted Hurricane in the game. Scizor serves as the glue to the team, walling Aegislash, grass types and Sand offense while providing momentum against them.

Rain offense completely relies on momentum to work so it is ideal to make every move one that grabs momentum. Deoxys is the standard lead against everything except (anticipared) Prankster Taunt leads, almost guaranteeing both an SR and RD up before going down. Against Aegislash leads, get SR up, then go to Politoed to Encore the anticipated King's Shield (or go for the Scald), and then get another free switch. Politoed should be kept alive until opposing Tyranitar/Hippowdon dies, with switches to Scizor. Scizor is the standard check to all Sand sweepers in general, and to bulky grasses etc. Against faster teams which I have a bad matchup against, I like to save Kingdra till the end because many players expect Kingdra to not carry RD of its own, usually netting me a surprise sweep with Kabutops at the end.

EDIT: Pardon for the bad phrasing. I will refine the phrasing when I get more awake (it't midnight where I'm staying so imma rather sleepy.

Clone

Free Gliscor
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Team Name: Desert Storm
Team Playstyle: Sand Offense
Tyranitar @ Smooth Rock
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 68 Atk / 188 SDef
Sassy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Ice Beam

Excadrill @ Air Balloon
Ability: Sand Rush
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
IVs: 0 SAtk
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin
- Rock Slide
- Iron Head

Garchomp @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Rock Slide
- Outrage

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
EVs: 236 HP / 252 SAtk / 20 Spd
Modest Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Synthesis
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Talonflame @ Choice Band
Ability: Gale Wings
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Tailwind
- U-turn

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Icy Wind

Well, I made this team with Sand Offense in mind with Excadrill as a sweeper late game. The weather nerf has hurt weather teams as a whole, but Sand is still a very viable and very real threat to the metagame. This team features the Talonflame / Tyranitar / Excadrill core, which covers each others checks quite well. Additionally, this team has three choice users, which might seem bad on paper, but has actually worked very well in practice. Banded Talonflame destroys everything in its path that doesnt resist it, and even some things that do (weakened Thundurus and Rotom Fall to Brave Bird). Specs Keldeo wallbreaks and is my go to check for Bisharp and Scizor. Scald is the most spammable move in the game, thanks to very few immunities and the sexy 30% burn chance. Icy Wind over HP for the Latis and DNite. The third choice user, Scarfchomp, is my late game cleaner. Fire Blast is chosen to weaken Skarmory, Ferrothorn, and Scizor who think they can wall me. Mega Venusaur may seem like an odd choice for a sand team, but his role is invaluable. He hard counters Azumarill and Breloom and checks Rotom-W, while also providing crucial grass coverage that allows me to take on Rain Offense toe to toe. HP Fire to roast Ferrothorn and Scizor who think they can set up on me. Finally we have Tyranitar. His role is to set up rocks and weather while ranking hits. The EVs live 2 Greninja Hydro Pumps most of the time, and Ice Beam allows me to lure Lando (both) and Dragons who can't outright OHKO me. Pursuit traps the Latis who can't do shit to me, even with HP fighting (3HKO).

This team got me to 1700 on my main account and saw a 32-5 record on my LTI account, while also getting me to 1800 COIL before I switched to DeoSharp on the suspect ladder.

Replays:
Vs. reyscarface: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/oususpecttest-134939886

Vs. A Terrakion: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/oususpecttest-134270718

Last edited:
Team Name: Sand Tomb
Team Playstyle: Sand offense

Mawile @ Mawilite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 132 HP / 252 Atk / 124 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head/ fire fang
- Swords Dance

Landorus (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 Atk
Naive Nature
- Earth Power
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Sludge Wave/u-turn

Latios (M) @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Surf
- Hidden Power [Fire]/thunderbolt

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 200 HP / 120 Atk / 188 Def
Adamant Nature
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Pursuit

Excadrill @ Air Balloon
Ability: Sand Rush
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin/rock slide

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 44 Spd / 216 Def
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Sleep Talk/pain split

I stole physically defensive T-tar from an RMT and it is great. Most likely survives uninvested lo deo-S and ohkos (even the physically defensive one above). It makes for a decent mixed bulky attacker. It can take a hydro pump from greninja and KO it. Last but not least it enables my next mon, Excadrill. Note that this T-tar can also take an eq from sand rush excadrill and KO.
Since I don't have any sr weakness and 2 resists rapid spin might seem redundant, however every bit of damage counts for my mon in order for latios not to be overburdened. I still sometimes run rock slide nailing the occasional charY/M-pinsir (in sand). T-tar with a sliver of health can be sacked to allow excadrill to clean things nicely. Since I don't use smooth rock, swords dance is way too slow and bad for me.
Rotom is my glue. It's a fantastic pivot thanks to only one weakness and a great answer to bird spam. Sleep talk my seem weird but it actually works pretty well to absord stray spores/sleep powders (and I have neither a graas nor and overcoat mon), it is basically one of the few mons that can still function while asleep (and sash breloom/smeargle for bp are bitches). Pain split, the usually preferred option has always been useless to me. Chesto rest reduces my bulk and prevents sleep clause to be active. It's also a decent answer to keldeo that lets me bring in my latios.
M-mawile is a powerhouse even not boosted. People think burning it will neuter it but its sheer power allows me to SD on a predicted wow (generally if switching will endanger a winning condition) and keep on punching holes. It rarely sweeps but that's not what I use it for anyway. Iron head or fire fang is hard and usually depends on what my latios is using. Mega scizor has never been a problem for me and nailing mega venusaur on the switch is always cool.
Landorus-I is here because I need a special attacker that brings immediate pressure. Everyone knows what it does. U-turn is great against core based teams (m-mawile on the chansey switch in is delicious). Otherwise, sludge wave ohkoes a survived cb azumarill aqua jet. This is yet another case where residual damage needs to be taken out.
Scarf latios is the star of my team revenge killing a SHITLOAD of dangerous stuff like +1 CharX, outspeeding the popular scarf Garchomp and Excadrill. I don't have to worry if their Terrakion or Keldeo is scarfed. HP fire nails the wanna be trapper Scizor or the stray Ferro trying to tank my stabs. Thunderbolt gets the 2hko on Azu, the rare special def skarm and cleans up rain teams.

This is my first team that peaked at 1850 (I usually hover around 1650/1700).

Edit: seeing the team above you might wonder why not keldeo instead of lando, the answer is simple: scarf mold breaker excadrill. It would put unbearable pressure on my team.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nog
Chansey (and stall in general) has never been a problem. I guess I should main slash fire fang to show how mega mawile dismantles the chanskarm core.
One must remember that this team heavily relies on double switching. I have found an old replay showing how this team plays.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-133640772

If you try to ladder with my team, please note that it won't be plowing through everything like butter until it hits a wall but rather a steady climb since it has an edge in a lot of matchups.

Teamname: Kicking and Screaming
Team Playstyle: Offense

Medicham (F) @ Medichamite
Ability: Pure Power
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- High Jump Kick
- Ice Punch
- Zen Headbutt

Bisharp (M) @ Black Glasses
EVs: 36 HP / 252 Atk / 220 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Iron Head

Sylveon (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 136 Def / 248 HP / 124 SDef
Calm Nature
- Heal Bell
- Wish
- Protect
- Hyper Voice

Zapdos @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Spd / 244 Def
Bold Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Volt Switch
- Heat Wave

Dragonite (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- Extreme Speed
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch

Landorus (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 Def
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Psychic
- Sludge Wave
- Stealth Rock

This team was built around a Medicham sylveon core from the good cores thread. Medicham breaks stall while sylveon checks most fast special attackers that threaten cham. Sylveons evs make sure keldeo can’t 3hko it before rocks with specs hydro pump as well as give it some physical bulk to handle conk and psyshock from the lati twins. Bisharp was then added to pursuit trap aegislash and the lati twins as well as just nuke things. Zapdos deal with birdspam, scizor, and ferrothorn and provides much needed defog support. Bandnite and lando round out the team providing much needed power. Standard bandnite because band extremespeed is great against hyper offense and outrage nukes almost everything. Lando was added to provide rocks and helps beat baton pass. Sludgewave was chosen over focusblast to hit fairies harder to help cham and dragonite out.
The goal of the team is to blast the opposing team with hits from Lando Cham and dnite with sylveon and zapdos being good pivot mons and bisharp be used to eliminate threats to my offensive mons such as ghosts and the lati twins.

EDIT: Just got 19th on the ladder with this team. It is pretty reliable against most playstyles. Stall, semi-stall, and bulky offense lose to the combo of cham lando and dragonite. Birdspam is handled by zapdos and dragonite's espeed. Sand offense and Rain offense can be chipped away by prioity and sand can be stalled out by fake out and protect. Thanks for your time comments are appreciated.

Last edited:
Teamname: DerpCore
Team Playstyle: Semi-Stall

derp :3 (Quagsire) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SDef
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Haze
- Toxic
- Recover

is word (Zapdos) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 144 Def / 68 SAtk / 28 SDef / 20 Spd
Bold Nature
- Defog
- Thunderbolt
- Heat Wave
- Roost

>:OOOO (Charizard-Mega-X) @ Charizardite X
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 248 HP / 140 SDef / 120 Spd
Careful Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Will-O-Wisp
- Earthquake
- Roost

pen soul sharpener (Bisharp) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch

literally trash (Ferrothorn) @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 248 HP / 132 Def / 128 SDef
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Stealth Rock
- Power Whip

fuck greninja (Clefable) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 108 Def / 152 SDef
Calm Nature
- Wish
- Moonblast
- Protect
- Aromatherapy

The intent of this team is to build a defensive core that could handle the majority of common threats without resorting to the standard Chans/Skarm/Bulky Grass/Heatran/Quagsire core that is so common nowadays. I started off with an unaware core of Quagsire and Clefable which is capable of handling most offensive boosters. Zapdos is here because it has Defog, handles Flying spam, pressure stalls, and threatens most common Defoggers. Ferrothorn is mainly here for checking grass types, handling most water types, and laying SR, though its excellent typing allows it to check a large portion of the metagame as well. Zard X was added to deal with special attackers with its unique defensive typing (Zard Y and Thundurus to name a few) as well as for its ability to lure in and burn common switch-ins. Lastly, Bisharp was added to handle things like Aegislash, Lati@s, and Gengar, with an unorthodox EV spread to catch Superpower Deo-D off guard as well as to better handle the aforementioned threats without sacrificing the ability to boost with Swords Dance.

The main threats to this team are CM Lando with Sludge Wave, Mega Medicham, Mega Heracross, Diggersby, and to a lesser extent Keldeo and Excadrill. The latter 2 threats can be played around but the first 4 (which are thankfully uncommon) will usually require sac'ing something or perfect prediction. A prime example of the type of team this one might struggle with is the team above mine. Although ladder rankings don't mean much, this team peaked at 1902 and probably could've gone higher if I didn't tilt (no screenshot ;c)

Team Name: balls to the wall
Style: offense
PAIN PLANE (Latios) (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 Atk
Hasty Nature
- Earthquake
- Thunderbolt
- Draco Meteor
- Defog

ZARD TARD (Charizard) @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 120 Spd / 140 Atk / 248 HP
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Roost
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Claw

FRUIT OF THE LOOM (Breloom) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Technician
Jolly Nature
- Spore
- Mach Punch
- Bullet Seed
- Rock Tomb

LANDOGE (Landorus-Therian) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 56 Atk / 248 HP / 200 Def / 4 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Knock Off

SQUIRREL (Azumarill) @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 Atk / 248 HP / 8 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Play Rough
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet

SHARKER (Garchomp) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Rough Skin
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Outrage
- Dragon Claw

So this team was built with lures in mind, and i immediately thought of EQ latios. it eliminates a big counter to zard x, namely heatran, and it OHKOes after rocks. Thunderbolt was added to lure in zard x's second counter, azumarill. so how does it work? let me explain. when the opponent has a heatran, they switch it in, expecting to take a move it can tank easily. they swiftly eat an earthquake. so if they have an azumarill, they switch it in thinking i dont have tbolt, then they get popped, and are weakened to the point where zard x doesnt have to worry or is straight up KOed. then i added in bulky dd zard x himself, to take advantage of the threats lured and fucked by latios. not to mention, it has defog so zard x can get in safely. at that point, i just needed to find ways to get rocks up and have a way to build momentum. landorus-t was the perfect mon for that job, and its EV spread hits a jump point in attack, has 4 speed to outspeed max speed azu and mawile, and has the rest into bulk to tank tons of shit. then, i needed a good non-hazards lead as to not be redundant with landorus. breloom is the best at non hazard leading, as it can put shit to bed and be a huge pain in the ass with its powerful technician moves. then, i needed what every team needs, a check to thundurus and a aegi switch in. AV azumarill did just that, so it got onto my team. it checks so many specially based threats its not even funny. then lastly, i needed a revenge killer. exca was too redundant with defog, terrakion was crippled by thundurus, and deo-s was redundant with latios. garchomp was chosen, as i have a way to revenge +1 gyara with my azu, and it was a great secondary check to thundurus. so there you have it, get this into the showcase pronto.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-135673244

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-135676019

Last edited:
Reactions: AM
Team Name: Manly Tears
Team Play Style: Stall
Stunfisk @ Leftovers
Ability: Static
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 SDef
Calm Nature
- Earth Power
- Rest
- Stealth Rock
- Thunderbolt

Mantine @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
Bold Nature
- Defog
- Rest
- Scald
- Toxic

Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Impish Nature
- Counter
- Defog
- Roost
- Whirlwind

Clefable @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Heal Bell
- Flamethrower
- Moonblast
- Moonlight

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SDef
Bold Nature
- Heal Bell
- Seismic Toss
- Soft-Boiled
- Wish

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
EVs: 252 HP / 68 Def / 188 SDef
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Leech Seed
- Sludge Bomb
- Synthesis

Some of my favorite Pokemon are not used much for various reasons, no reliable recovery, bad stats, bad typing, outclassed, etc. For this reason I wanted to minimize those flaws as much as possible and made this full stall team in their honor.

Stunfisk is a specially defensive wall and my main lead as it can reliably set up hazards on a number of leads. It has very respectable bulk and has the coveted electric typing that most stall teams can't afford to run (Zapdos is literally the only other good stallish electric type :/). Discharge can be ran over Thunderbolt if you know you will be playing offense or the sort but generally the small boost in power helps from Thunderbolt.

Mantine is another lesser used stall type mon mainly because of its bad defensive typing and the fact that it doesn't have reliable recovery despite it being a carbon copy of Skarmory stat wise (gj gamefreak...). It's main job on the team is to provide an answer to common stall threats such as Landorus or Keldeo. It has great synergy with Stunfisk and pairs well with Skarmory as they have the same stats just from different ends of the spectrum.

Now onto the boring, standard, fat ass mons that you all are used to seeing. First up is Skarmory. It is my main answer to offensive powerhouses like Landorus-Therian or Garchomp and pairs well with Mantine to provide a duo-Defog core. Originally I had Stealth Rock on over Whirlwind but I was really in need of a phazer and had Stunfisk chllin' with hazards already. I'm in love with Counter Skarmory atm because it is amazing against outrage spam, Azumarill, and Bisharp who might start causing trouble if I let them set up.

Clefable is my Unaware mon and my fairy. It helps out with Heal Bell to wake up Mantine and Stunfisk as they always seem to over sleep when I need them ?_? Flamethrower is to net surprise KO's on Scizor, Ferrothorn, and Skarmory as more often than not they believe I don't have it. Unaware is so valuable right now that you pretty much can't build a stall team without one. Set-up sweepers are just devastating in this meta and unready teams just get popped. Clefable is also my main answer to Kyurem-b as the rest of the team gets hit pretty hard by him. If it doesn't have Iron Head and doesn't get haxxed (big IF on the latter point) I can win 1v1.

Chansey is pretty much a staple on stall, but on semi stall it can be replaced with a nice n clean Mega Charizard X. It's on my team because it's wish supports are godly, it's fat af so it helps wall a lot, and Natural Cure helps a ton in stall vs stall games. Heal Bell is somewhat optional as Clefable also has it but with two Pokemon without reliable recovery by themselves and a third who hates residual damage it can be risky. Toxic / Thunder Wave usually replaces it if need be.

Lastly I was in need of a mega and a grass type. Mega Venusaur fit the bill perfectly so it was added pretty quickly. Having a secondary counter to Keldeo and Azumarill is also amazingly useful and Leech Seed support helps with its lack of passive sustainability. Sludge Bomb is interchangeable with HP Fire but so far I haven't needed to use it when I have Flamethrower Clefable. HP Fire allows beat Ferrothorn and gives you a way to hit Skarmory, but is generally exclusive to balanced teams as opposed to stall.

Woop, 400th post!

Mah Shield (Aegislash) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SAtk
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- Shadow Ball
- Shadow Sneak
- Sacred Sword
- King's Shield

Bad mood Bird (Talonflame) @ Choice Band
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 52 HP / 252 Atk / 204 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn
- Will-O-Wisp

epic fat man (Azumarill) (M) @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 132 HP / 252 Atk / 124 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Belly Drum
- Waterfall
- Play Rough

Bisharp @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance

Grunge (Lucario) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Inner Focus
Timid Nature
- Vacuum Wave
- Aura Sphere
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon

Angry Bug (Scizor) @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Roost
- Defog

After I done with my run of X/Y... I feel that this gen is full of priority move (Do you remember the early day when Mega-Mom, Mega Luke and SD Aegislash running wild ?)

So this team is create with the intend to maximize the priority offensive... All pokemon need to have at least 1 priority move.

Lead by none other than the true king of priority... Talonflame. As we know brave bird hit hard and almost ruin grass and bug type in the process... I go with the most basic choice band set.... the last slot I choose WoW instead of tailwind because my team don't have speed problem at all (meh...)

The second member of the team is belly-jet Azumarill. I choose belly drum set despite CB set being superior because I don't want to have 2 choice band pokemon in the team. From the play testing, I found that Azumarill could set up more often than I think.

The third slot is bisharp who mainly provide knock-off "support" to the team... He's also pack one of the hardest sucker punch in the game.

After 3 main pokemon (Which I admittedly choose from personal favoritism) I try to patch up my team weakness with the constraint that my member need to have at least 1 priority move. Aegislash is chosen as a main bulky pokemon to act as the pivot and wall breaker of the team. The fully defensive spread mega scizor provide defog support. I choose fully defensive set as I don't need him to revenge kill or sweep that much. What I need is the longevity to ensure that I could defog SR out of my way. The last pokemon is Odd choice spec lucario which use to provide the special side of firepower.

How to play this team? Go out and beat opponent to pulp. With no real lead in the team, I tend to open with bisharp if enemy don't have Shroom in the team. The goal is to clear all of bulky pokemon and pave the way for the sweeper/cleaner (Angry Bird and FatRabbit). I use Choice Spec luke as a surprise wall breaker which work surprisingly well. No need to worry about revenge killing with this team.

Last edited:

Monte Cristo

Banned deucer.
Slate 1/Week 1 is over, as it has been week 1, the OP will shortly be updated with the teams that deserve compilation

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Considering RMT has a team showcase forum now, is this even really necessary? If you want to show off your teams, we over at RMT would appreciate you taking the time to make a full RMT so as to help improve the forum for everyone :toast:
This thread is useful for players that are willing to showcase their good teams but don't want to go through the effort of writing a RMT. Also, this thread will be renovated to include decent and easy to use teams for new players.

Also, Subject 18 and Halcyon, check your alerts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)