Ubers Premier League - Playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugendugen

Noam Chompsky.
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
First of all, I discussed this with the tournament directors and we collectively came to this decision. It was posted over a week ago and no one commented on it, so I have very little left over for the people complaining now. I'll also note that Fireburn must have misread the post, as I said that the playoff would be decided with a Bo3 match of XY/BW/DPP.

I'll explain why the decision was made. We established from the beginning of the tournament that the top 2 teams would qualify to play in the finals. Now going into week 5, the Drizzlers were 4-0-0, so had already qualified for the final. With this in mind, Melee Mewtwo sent in a lineup specifically with the intention of throwing the week, since he deemed the Helix Fossils the easiest opponent. He told his players to throw, which two of them did. Now it didn't explicitly prohibit this in the rules, nor in the rules for any previous Premier League tournaments, but we considered it unsportsmanlike behavior. As a result, the games were replayed and the person responsible, Melee Mewtwo, was banned from the tournament as well as given an Unsportsmanlike Conduct infraction. However, since it wasn't explicitly stated in the rules, we didn't deem it appropriate to punish the team as a whole for what their manager did.

This put us in a position where the Fossils, who were 2-1-1 going into the week, had a significantly easier opponent than the Rays and the Zekroms had when they faced the Drizzlers. The Rays and the Zekroms were both on 2-2-0, but the Zekroms had a +5 win-loss record while the Rays were at +2 (largely because the Zekroms beat the Rays 6-2 in the first week). Both the Zekroms and the Rays won week 5, putting them at 3-2-0, with the Zekroms at a better w-l record.

The Fossils ended up beating the Drizzlers, but since Melee Mewtwo had sent his lineup with the specific purpose of losing, we needed a method to fairly decide which team would finish 2nd, if MM2 hadn't done so. We don't know whether the Fossils would have won, lost or tied if they had faced a Drizzlers team looking to win. As a result, we decided that the fairest method would be a playoff game against the Zekroms, who would have finished 2nd, had the Fossils lost or tied. With the other results of week 5, the Rays would not have been able to reach 2nd either way.

As I mentioned earlier, the original intent was for the play off game to be decided in a Bo3. If Sweep and Blim both agree to it, we can play a Bo3 instead of the full 8-man match, to save time and move onto the finals.

Grand Helix Fossils (0) vs Zimbabwe Zekroms (0)
XY Ubers: Tesung vs Fixed
XY Ubers: FLCL vs el poeta
XY Ubers: Soulgazer vs Haruno
BW2 Ubers: Steelskitty vs Luck>Skill
BW2 Ubers: TGMD vs soviet
BW2 Ubers: Kirigakure vs Eo Ut Mortus
DPP Ubers: Jirachee vs Conflict
DPP Ubers: kokoloko vs M Dragon

Best of three sounds good to me, am picking Jirachee (DPP) / Steelskitty (BW) / FLCL (XY) to represent us.

I'm sorry but this still makes absolutely no sense, the drizzlers then did try against us, they had it tied 3-3 until steel and hotncold clutched it out. What you did is make this a lose lose, if we lost to the drizzlers we lost, and if we won, we didn't actually win, we just end up in this stupid tiebreaker. If you were gonna rules like this, you should have just canceled last week, and had us do this matchup then. Or soemthing along those lines I'm sure you can poke holes in that solution. Anyways, I am leaving Monday so there is no way I will get to play, this upl was pretty fun too bad it has to end like this :(.

Zekroms to win this!
XY Ubers: Tesung vs Fixed nice rematch
XY Ubers: FLCL vs el poeta goooo fren *-*
XY Ubers: Soulgazer vs Haruno
BW2 Ubers: Steelskitty vs Luck>Skill
BW2 Ubers: TGMD vs soviet
BW2 Ubers: Kirigakure vs Eo Ut Mortus
DPP Ubers: Jirachee vs Conflict
DPP Ubers: kokoloko vs M Dragon

In that case... My revised predictions:

XY Ubers: FLCL vs. Fixed
BW Ubers: Steelskitty vs. soviet
DPP Ubers: Jirachee vs. M Dragon

Reactions: zf

Disaster Area

formerly Piexplode
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Match_fixing#Avoiding_the_best_team_before_the_finals Just curiously it seems that the best way to describe our behaviour pre-voided matches would be tanking, rather than throwing. However it still does count as unsportsmanlike conduct. And I have faith Hugen is making the best decisions based upon the situations that have presented themselves. Best of luck to both teams, we will see you in the finals. Let's make it some great games :D

My predictions:
XY Ubers: FLCL vs. Fixed - Faith in you I have.
BW Ubers: Steelskitty vs. soviet - Unfortunately this streak must wait until the finals before it ends. Soviet is a great player, but perhaps a little outdated in this tier from what I've heard.
DPP Ubers: Jirachee vs. M Dragon - Don't know as well but this should be the best of these 3 matches.

XY Ubers: FLCL vs. Fixed - Sorry flcl but I dont know how good u are at xy ubers, i know fixed plays the tier tho :[
BW Ubers:S teelskitty vs. soviet - He's the better player
DPP Ubers: Jirachee vs. M Dragon - El underdog

Fireburn

BARN ALL
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Hopefully this issue has been settled now, if you have more to say about it take it up with me in PM. Thanks!

BPC

"Silence is the best answer to a stupid question"
XY Ubers: FLCL vs. Fixed, LOL FIxed
BW Ubers: Steelskitty vs. soviet, STEEL IS TOO OP.
DPP Ubers: Jirachee vs. M Dragon, Tough one but i have faith in JIRACHEE.

Level 56

Faded memories
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis the 6th Grand Slam Winner
Grand Helix Fossils (3) vs Zimbabwe Zekroms (0)

XY Ubers: FLCL vs Fixed, I have faith in you FLCL!
BW Ubers: Steelskitty vs Soviet, #6-0
DPP Ubers: Jirachee vs M dragon, jirachee is the best dpp uber player after BKC.

bruno

is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
World Defender

why is random nigga bpc shittalking a good player when hes not even in the tour LOL

Grand Helix Fossils (0) vs Zimbabwe Zekroms (3)
XY Ubers: FLCL vs. Fixed gooo *-*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)