Official NBA 2013 - 2014 Season Thread

DRAFT DAY.

Hoping Lakers can get Embiid or Vonleh. Randle is decent, but those are my preferences. (I REALLY want Exum but that's looking like a pipe dream).

Also, LOL @ the idiots in Golden State's FO. You won't trade Klay Thompson for Kevin Love?

Rockets are going to become the best and most hated team in the league if they get Lebron & Carmelo. There is so much to dislike about a team that has Dwight Howard, Lebron James, & Carmelo Anthony. I see Harden being traded if they manage to get Melo.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
DRAFT DAY.

Hoping Lakers can get Embiid or Vonleh. Randle is decent, but those are my preferences. (I REALLY want Exum but that's looking like a pipe dream).

Also, LOL @ the idiots in Golden State's FO. You won't trade Klay Thompson for Kevin Love?

Rockets are going to become the best and most hated team in the league if they get Lebron & Carmelo. There is so much to dislike about a team that has Dwight Howard, Lebron James, & Carmelo Anthony. I see Harden being traded if they manage to get Melo.
Considering they both play no defense, Harden is much younger and more athletic and James + Anthony play the same position, idk why the Rockets wouldn't just keep Harden and make a run for James.

Also I'm stoked with Randle as a Laker. Easily can see the Zach Randolph comparisons with the upside of (dare I say) a Kevin Love if he can add the 3 point shot as a weapon.

Considering they both play no defense, Harden is much younger and more athletic and James + Anthony play the same position, idk why the Rockets wouldn't just keep Harden and make a run for James.

Also I'm stoked with Randle as a Laker. Easily can see the Zach Randolph comparisons with the upside of (dare I say) a Kevin Love if he can add the 3 point shot as a weapon.
Carmelo can be an average defender though, I think Harden is the worst perimeter defender in the NBA.

The real reason Houston needs him is that Lebron wants to play with Carmelo. No Carmelo, no Lebron.

It's just refreshing to see the Lakers draft a good player who has the potential to be a great one.

the NBA, where a team passing on Cleanthony Early for Bogdan Bogdanovic happens

Carmelo is an above average defender at this point imo, it is why I am so hyped for Mavs to even be his third option. I think he fits with Bulls>Mavs>Rockets, although understandably the allure of forming a big 3 beats joining us.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
GAHHHHH WHY IS THE MAGIC'S FRONT OFFICE SUDDENLY COMPETENT

AFTER THAT GOD AWFUL AFFLALO TRADE TOO

i'm not sold on smart at all but i assume either a rondo trade is coming or bradley isn't getting resigned (or both) and ainge is 100% blowing this shit up

big ups to flip saunders for sticking to his guns even when it's completely obvious that love isn't staying anywhere near minnesota and this was a great draft to pick up young assets

Dirk Melo is too much to cover for a fading Chandler. And don't see that happening.

And Harden, he became a poor defender when he came Houston. In OKC, he used to guard Kobe and James in playoffs.

In the draft, great steal for Lakers. Randle is a monster.

Also looking forward to James/Love/Irving trio in Cleveland.

Love is staying in minnesota
Carmelo is going to the bulls
Lebron/bosh/wade are staying in miami, they're gonna add kyle lowrie + lebron is in love with shabazz (man just wins great pick)

Celtics are keeping rondo, smart, and young, need to get rid of jeff green and wallace

Would like to see lebron in LA with chris paul under doc rivers with black griffin as well, lebron loves cp3 as well, but him moving to the western conference would be dumb. eastern conference = easy NBA finals. i really wanted to see lebron james and carmelo anthony in cleveland but i don't see that happening unless cleveland gives the celtics or some team with more dead salary wiggins so they can have that much cap space to get both.

Cleveland would also have to dump deng's salary on the celtics and need to do something with jarret jack. a cleveland boston super deal seemed more likely before the draft. oh well

Irving / melo / james / hawes / thompson ... oh my god

Last edited:

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
As per their Draftexpress pages, I just found out that Julius Randle had the same max vertical leap coming out of college as Blake Griffin + Amare Stoudemire - so much for no athleticism. Also reports are that he still has that 3 point range that had him as a top 3 pick going into his first year of college - and that Callipari just stifled his offensive game much in the same way that he did for Anthony Davis in his lone UK year.

In conjunction with the offensive game and the nose for the glass he's already shown, I'm confident in saying that Randle has star potential, it's fun to be a Lakers fan and actually be excited about a young, developing player - although I can't complain about being spoilt with FA's over the years, there's something satisfying about watching a player develop before your eyes.

Last edited:
Mavericks have to be the most depressingly terrible team at dealing with the draft. We could have fucking had Cleanthony Early if we played better hardball with the Chandler deal. Writers be writing about how Rockets got "more" for Asik, ok, but the Rockets were dumping a player with half the cap hit.

Plus

中国风暴 trademark
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Already liking what phil's doing in nabbing some athletic wings in the 2nd round for the knicks thanks to the dallas trade! =)

Looks pretty obvious that Bulls are going all in for melo (and at this point idgaf anymore), also the celtics really need some shooting at that guard spot because rondo bradley and smart aren't the greatest of shooters lol

Speaking of shooters, no more raymond felton =v))))))))))

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
two things:

1) ain't nobody takin on gerald "keep gettin dem checks" wallace without the celtics giving up more significant assets. they're under the cap, they need bodies to warm the bench, and they aren't going anywhere anyways

2) cleveland doesn't need to dump deng's salary, he's a UFA (which makes their deal for him even dumber in retrospect)

also I know embiid has "high ceiling" and "tons of potential" but don't the 76ers already have a young injured center who has a high ceiling and tons of potential? I guess it's not a terrible plan B for not being able to move up to #1 but they could have moved down

JASON KIDD. What are you doing?

Also, it's gonna be hilarious if Bodh opts in. Lebron wants the max... No way Riley can diss Wade & leave him high and & dry.

Kidd wants to get fired, Nets are super fucked going forward. But mostly he is mad as all hell that Derek Fisher is getting more money, since he was 1/3rd the player Kidd was.

Alright here are my predictions for the next season:

Love goes to Boston. Him and Rondo will team up and be on the same level as the Pacers because the Pacers suck.

Melo goes to Chicago. D-Rose gets healthy. My Bulls will win everything (srs)

LeBron goes to Cleveland. Kyrie / Wiggins / LeBron / Whoever else

Spurs come up short next year, then their stars finally retire with Coach Pop

The Heat start tanking

Alright here are my predictions for the next season:

Love goes to Boston. Him and Rondo will team up and be on the same level as the Pacers because the Pacers suck.

Melo goes to Chicago. D-Rose gets healthy. My Bulls will win everything (srs)

LeBron goes to Cleveland. Kyrie / Wiggins / LeBron / Whoever else

Spurs come up short next year, then their stars finally retire with Coach Pop

The Heat start tanking
Those are some bold ass predictions oml

Plus

中国风暴 trademark
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
prediction: tyson will decline even more from last season and will miss 1/4 of the season due to injury or the flu or both.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)