5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Hello, it's me again D:

So I made some profiles ( http://puu.sh/9Lvmg/ba234e7074.png ), but none of them looks like another (except when I hit the same seed). So I tried them out with Keldeo, but it cames out that none of them had a seed with the Keldeo I receive (I mean, at the same date, ofc). Then, I have 2 questions :
1) Is it normal that sometimes the parameter find does not find a seed, despite I entered the right settings and the right IVs for boldore ?
2) And, most of the time, when I find a seed, it looks like it just can't be that one (like I put the time when I press A, and the seed is at exaclty that time etc.) (I know it's not really a question but whatever)

(I use a 3DS with french white 2)

So, if someone knows what is the problem and how to resolve it, I'd appreciate some help, I start to despair. x_x

Thanks ^^

shiny finder

forever searching
is a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Chatot Wrangler
So I tried them out with Keldeo, but it cames out that none of them had a seed with the Keldeo I receive
Could you explain this statement please? How are you trying them with Keldeo?

I wouldn't compare the IV's of the wild Pokemon to those that you are getting with the Keldeo. They are two different processes so you are not going to catch the Boldore with the same IV's as the Keldeo you got. If you want to know what incorrect seed you are hitting, use the Adjacent Seed tool instead (but before you can use that, you have to know your parameters). :)

anyway, to answer your questions,
1) yeah that seems to happen sometimes. Just try again
2) That shouldn't be the case. You're right, it can't be that one since there is a delay.

Your parameters are way too chaotic though. Yes, I've heard reports of the Vcount/frame varying with a 3ds, but not like yours XD (and even then I think it's just the Vcount hitting an adjacent value). Are you actually powering off your 3ds in between trials? You have to hard reset it, meaning put it through a power cycle. You can try that and see if you get more consistent results.

For the Keldeo thing, I just check if one of my profiles does have the IV spread and nature at the encounter date (using the time finder). But anyway, I'll make a fresh start tomorrow and see what I get. Thanks again for the help ^^

Ok, so I tried many times to find a correct profile, and it came out that RNG reporter just can't find any seed/profile, despite the fact that I put the correct informations. I begin to wonder if the program isn't broken. :/

I know the timer0 is very instable in BW2, but it should at least find one for every pokémon I catch (or almost), no ? I wonder if anyone has an older version (I use 9.96.6 Beta), to test.

Thanks ^^ I'm not going to give up. >:(

lats

formerly lockiegengar12
Ok, so I tried many times to find a correct profile, and it came out that RNG reporter just can't find any seed/profile, despite the fact that I put the correct informations. I begin to wonder if the program isn't broken. :/

I know the timer0 is very instable in BW2, but it should at least find one for every pokémon I catch (or almost), no ? I wonder if anyone has an older version (I use 9.96.6 Beta), to test.

Thanks ^^ I'm not going to give up. >:(
Are you talking about the calibration? I don't have any experience with the older RNGReporters, but the only things I can think of is if you didn't enter your details correct (re-check everything, especially the MAC Address) or if you have one of those fake carts, that won't spit out the results correct. I think Elena90 had one of those a while ago, I dunno how to check though.

Are you talking about the calibration? I don't have any experience with the older RNGReporters, but the only things I can think of is if you didn't enter your details correct (re-check everything, especially the MAC Address) or if you have one of those fake carts, that won't spit out the results correct. I think Elena90 had one of those a while ago, I dunno how to check though.
Yes I'm talking about calibration. I checked and re checked everything already, I'm sure at 100% that the MAC Address is right. And what do you mean by fake cart ?

I would try with my old DS fat if the upper screen wasn't broken (I can't make it works, despite I manage to do so when BW2 came out :( )
I'll make some more try later. Thanks for the help ^^

lats

formerly lockiegengar12
Yes I'm talking about calibration. I checked and re checked everything already, I'm sure at 100% that the MAC Address is right. And what do you mean by fake cart ?

I would try with my old DS fat if the upper screen wasn't broken (I can't make it works, despite I manage to do so when BW2 came out :( )
I'll make some more try later. Thanks for the help ^^
I'm not really good at explaining, hopefully Elena will when she sees I tagged her xD

I'm not really good at explaining, hopefully Elena will when she sees I tagged her xD
Ok thanks ^^

So I made some more tests, and this time with my old DS. And it works awesomely well ! The point that if I can find my parameters, I just can't do rng manipulation with that DS since the upper screen is out of order (using sweet scent and catching a pokémon is very easy even without the screen, but I had to save and switch to my 3DS to view the stats, and I just can't do that for legendaries or wondercard pokémons :/ )

In the end, it seems that the program is just unable to correctly find parameters with 3DS (or at least with my settings :/ ) It seems that the only thing I can do is trying to fix my old DS or borrow one from a friend. :/

I'm attempting to catch a Shiny 31/E/30/31/31/31 Timid Tornadus on Pokémon White. I can hit my seed and get the desired IVs just fine, and the nature-characteristic combo with 0 Chatot flips, mashing A through the cutscene, is very consistent (I keep hitting Impish Mischievous).

The problem is that I cannot find a reasonable sequence of natures when doing 10, 20, 30 and so on Chatot flips. Here are some of my results so far:

# of flips - Nature & Characteristic - possible frames (starting from frame #300)
0 flips - Impish Mischievous - 313, 381, 490, 604, 957, 1034...
10 flips - Modest Often dozes off - 372, 468, 475, 500, 698...
20 flips - Timid Alert to sounds - 318, 360, 363, 398, 415, 478, 564, 622, 623, 795... (the underlined frame is my target frame, which I didn't hit)
30 flips - Adamant Somewhat vain - 485, 609, 616, 630, 641, 649...

Frame 604 seemed to sequence into 622 (20 flips) and 630 (30 flips), so I decided to try to use it as my starting frame. However, this also wasn't successful.

19 flips - Timid Alert to sounds - 318, 360, 363, 398, 415, 478, 564, 622, 623, 795...
18 flips - Careful Mischievous - 482, 572, 780, 797, 856...
17 flips - same as 19 flips
16 flips - Lonely Alert to sounds - 452, 492, 535, 539, 558, 571, 607, 612, 662, 723...

Since 19 and 20 flips gave me the same combo, I assumed I was hitting the same frame in both instances. Assuming I started on 604, the closest two Timid frames are 622 (my target) and 623. I didn't hit my target, so I assumed I was hitting frame 623 and tried lowering the number of flips one by one, getting the results above.

I'm using White, on a DS Lite. My ID/SID combo is 01297/11353, and I'm using seed F7776FB5FC3CD9CF (target frame 622, Timid Alert to sounds shiny). The date is October 13th 2074, on summer, no weather outside the hut.

I had similarly frustrating results with another seed I tried earlier, so I thought it was a seed problem and decided to give another seed a try. I'm aware one shouldn't expect a perfect correlation between Chatot flips and frame advancements, but I feel I might be doing something wrong.

Any help is appreciated, and sorry for the long post.

shiny finder

forever searching
is a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Chatot Wrangler
I've noticed that the characteristics are sometimes wrong in the reporter (to the point that I'm wary to use them), so if you ignore the characteristics, it seems like frames 785/786 are good starting places. Yes that seems a bit high for no weather, but the natures match up almost perfectly at each data point, barring some human error. As I'm sure you noticed adjacent Lonely and Careful are nowhere near your target so I don't think you're starting at 604. I checked the frame patterns from 400-1000 and 785/786 seem like the best choices. Of course, that may change with more data points.

I've noticed that the characteristics are sometimes wrong in the reporter (to the point that I'm wary to use them), so if you ignore the characteristics, it seems like frames 785/786 are good starting places. Yes that seems a bit high for no weather, but the natures match up almost perfectly at each data point, barring some human error. As I'm sure you noticed adjacent Lonely and Careful are nowhere near your target so I don't think you're starting at 604. I checked the frame patterns from 400-1000 and 785/786 seem like the best choices. Of course, that may change with more data points.
Thank you, I was starting to wonder if the problem lied with checking the characteristics. I suppose I'll have to check them manually with the PID%6 method, then, but that's the least of my problems. The bolded part above was indeed what tipped me off.

I'll give this another try tomorrow. Seeing how 785 is above my target frame, I'll go back to the first seed I found and try to work with it. Thanks again!

shiny finder

forever searching
Chatot Wrangler
Thank you, I was starting to wonder if the problem lied with checking the characteristics. I suppose I'll have to check them manually with the PID%6 method, then, but that's the least of my problems. The bolded part above was indeed what tipped me off.

I'll give this another try tomorrow. Seeing how 785 is above my target frame, I'll go back to the first seed I found and try to work with it. Thanks again!
You're welcome :) I checked those Impish on 785/786 with the PID%6 method, but they seem to check out. I have seen the characteristics wrong before, but since I got what I was after, I never looked into it that closely XD. It's possible that the PID%6 checks out, but it still doesn't match the game.

Good luck! :D

Yeah I had a fake soul silver cart when I first started to learn RNG in gen 4. Nothing came out right. I couldn't calibrate properly, no ELM calls matched up anywhere + I couldn't soft reset or even play the game on my 3ds. I could go online and trade with it, but it was a fake and I couldn't RNG with it. Was beginning to give up on gen 4 RNG, but then I tried with my Heart Gold game, and I could RNG with it :)

He might not have a fake cart as he managed to find parameters with his DS Lite, just not with his 3DS.. :)

I see ^^

So, I managed to find parameters with the unova link calibration, and I found out why it wasn't working with the IV method ! In fact, when using a 3DS and BW2, the max timer0 is set automatically to 1790, whereas it is set to 1890 when using the unova link method. And indeed, my timer0 is around 1878 (I tried again with IV method by changing the max timer0, and it also worked perfectly).

Now, I'm trying to RNG Keldeo, but I still have problem : I just can't hit the seed given by the time finder, and when I found out that the time finder was unable to find the spread I get in a near seed (I even tried with a larger timer0 range, but I couldn't find it :/ )

I use the seed E61325BF5272BD58 and my target frame is 83. I do 33 chatot flips. But I keep hitting a 19/4/5/5/15/6 Lonely Keldeo. :(

So, if anyone has an idea about what is going on, or have a solution, I'd appreciate some help, and thanks again ^^'

PS : Sorry for the double posts due to some lags

Last edited:
I'm using a 3DSXL, White 2, and I am saved the tile before you encounter Latias. Trying to RNG a flawless Timid one. Several questions:

1. Are there any wandering/moving NPC's in the area that will cause my frame to jump?
2. Does me moving one tile to advance to Latias alter the frame?
3. When searching in RNG Reporter (version 9.96.5 BETA) in the 5th gen time finder window, Latias is considered a stationary pokemon, yes?
4. When using the time finder, what should my "min / max advances" be set at? Default is 0 / 1000 but doing that produces MILLIONS of seed results.
5. The correct "method" is "PIDRNG", correct?

I have a lot of experience in RNGing in B1W1, I know it's a little bit more difficult in B2W2. Just want to make sure I have everything set up correctly so I don't mess up being that I know I will be trolled often by my timer0. I use two chattot's to advance my frames. Anything else that I need to be worried about when going after Latias?

Thank you.

I'm using a 3DSXL, White 2, and I am saved the tile before you encounter Latias. Trying to RNG a flawless Timid one. Several questions:

1. Are there any wandering/moving NPC's in the area that will cause my frame to jump?
2. Does me moving one tile to advance to Latias alter the frame?
3. When searching in RNG Reporter (version 9.96.5 BETA) in the 5th gen time finder window, Latias is considered a stationary pokemon, yes?
4. When using the time finder, what should my "min / max advances" be set at? Default is 0 / 1000 but doing that produces MILLIONS of seed results.
5. The correct "method" is "PIDRNG", correct?

I have a lot of experience in RNGing in B1W1, I know it's a little bit more difficult in B2W2. Just want to make sure I have everything set up correctly so I don't mess up being that I know I will be trolled often by my timer0. I use two chattot's to advance my frames. Anything else that I need to be worried about when going after Latias?

Thank you.
1. Yeah there are, but if you're consistently pausing the game just as you enter it, you'll find your shifted starting frame.
2. Nope
3. Yes
4. You should set min/max to both be 1.
5. Nope, you should use IVs (standard seed). Then find a seed with the IVs you want, copy it into the main window of RNG reporter, select the appropriate fields, but leave the natures to "any". Then press "calculate initial starting frame". You'll there see what your starting frame should be and how many advances you need to get the correct natures.

shiny finder

forever searching
Chatot Wrangler
Glad to hear that you found a solution :) Does your search range in the time finder encompass all of your common Timer0s? Are you using keypresses and 24 hour based times? Can you find anything with the adjacent seed tool?

Oh, and don't forget to click the BW2 box in the main window. It seems like you forgot to click it.

Just as an addon to what Elena90 just responded with (since I was ninja'd :P),

1) you can stop the npc from moving by having him walk over to you to battle you. After that just save in the route and rng Latias without having to worry about npcs :) But her method works perfectly fine as well

5) The encounter method is PIDRNG in the main window, but IV standard seed in the time finder.

1. Yeah there are, but if you're consistently pausing the game just as you enter it, you'll find your shifted starting frame.
2. Nope
3. Yes
4. You should set min/max to both be 1.
5. Nope, you should use IVs (standard seed). Then find a seed with the IVs you want, copy it into the main window of RNG reporter, select the appropriate fields, but leave the natures to "any". Then press "calculate initial starting frame". You'll there see what your starting frame should be and how many advances you need to get the correct natures.
If i set them both to 1, then when using time finder, isn't it only going to find a flawless seed on frame 1? How do I get to frame 1 if my initial frame is say, 60?

If i set them both to 1, then when using time finder, isn't it only going to find a flawless seed on frame 1? How do I get to frame 1 if my initial frame is say, 60?
Because that "frame 1" is the frame the IVs are set. Your starting frame is for the PIDRNG where you determine the natures :)
So you should have an IV frame of 1 so that you don't need to advance the IV frame as well as the PIDRNG frame :)

Because that "frame 1" is the frame the IVs are set. Your starting frame is for the PIDRNG where you determine the natures :)
So you should have an IV frame of 1 so that you don't need to advance the IV frame as well as the PIDRNG frame :)
thats right, there are two different frames. so when returning to the main window and selecting PIDRNG, just try and find a nature of timid, because if i hit the seed correctly, i just need to advance the one frame that effects natures? Is it the same as B1W1? When I bred for eggs in B1W1, I always stopped at frame 103 if the target frame was 104. Is it the same here?

thats right, there are two different frames. so when returning to the main window and selecting PIDRNG, just try and find a nature of timid, because if i hit the seed correctly, i just need to advance the one frame that effects natures? Is it the same as B1W1? When I bred for eggs in B1W1, I always stopped at frame 103 if the target frame was 104. Is it the same here?
Exactly ;) now you've got it ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 16)