5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Exactly ;) now you've got it ;)
I haven't been able to hit the correct seed yet on my 3DSXL at all. All of my previous experience RNGing in the past was done on a regular DSXL and I had no problems. I can't seem to hit seeds on my 3DS. I am using the latest version of EonTimer. I'm not sure if it is a calibration issue with the EonTimer program or what. I went into the setting and clicked that I was using a 3DS and it changed the calibration to -488. When changing the clock on my 3DS to my target time I notice there is a half-second delay or so of the DS's clock switching times, so I don't know if I need to compensate for that or what.

Help?

EDIT: n/m. I switched the calibration to -500 as recommended by the developer Toast and I hit the seed on the first try. 31/16/31/31/31/31 Timid Latias FTW!

Last edited:
Since Pokecheck is under maintenance, is there any way to check our SID's anymore without a cheating device? I had all my profiles saved in RNG Reporter from my previous RNGing, but they don't show up anymore. In there I had my secret ID's saved for each game... :pirate:

shiny finder

forever searching
is a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Chatot Wrangler
Since Pokecheck is under maintenance, is there any way to check our SID's anymore without a cheating device? I had all my profiles saved in RNG Reporter from my previous RNGing, but they don't show up anymore. In there I had my secret ID's saved for each game... :pirate:
afaik the only way now is to rng your ID's

shiny finder

forever searching
is a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Chatot Wrangler
https://www.smogon.com/ingame/rng/deducing_secret_id

Does this article apply? Do you absolutely have to have a shiny pokemon from the game you want to RNG to deduce your Secret ID?
Sorry, I was only considering gen V when I posted that. Yes, that article still applies to 3rd and 4th gens, and you do have to have a shiny from those games for it to work.

That guide won't work for gen V

edit: and the applet is a dead link but it looks like there is a similar function built into the reporter under gen iv tools.

.com

Grumpy old man
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Transfer a Pokémon (random Pokémon, non-shiny is fine) from each of the saves in question to Generation 6, and ask someone to check them for you there.

Glad to hear that you found a solution :) Does your search range in the time finder encompass all of your common Timer0s? Are you using keypresses and 24 hour based times? Can you find anything with the adjacent seed tool?

Oh, and don't forget to click the BW2 box in the main window. It seems like you forgot to click it.

Just as an addon to what Elena90 just responded with (since I was ninja'd :P),

1) you can stop the npc from moving by having him walk over to you to battle you. After that just save in the route and rng Latias without having to worry about npcs :) But her method works perfectly fine as well

5) The encounter method is PIDRNG in the main window, but IV standard seed in the time finder.
Thanks ! But whatever, I tried another seed, and it worked. ^^

Transfer a Pokémon (random Pokémon, non-shiny is fine) from each of the saves in question to Generation 6, and ask someone to check them for you there.
is anyone able to do this for me? or is there another place on the forum to ask for help doing this? Really need to know my SID on my platinum, black1 and white 2 games.

.com

Grumpy old man
is anyone able to do this for me? or is there another place on the forum to ask for help doing this? Really need to know my SID on my platinum, black1 and white 2 games.
I can do this for you, PM me to arrange [although it will have to be in about 20–30 minutes from now for me to, so asking in Simple Questions/Requests may net a speedier response].

I know this has been asked a hundred times already, but since the search feature doesn't like "common" words or words that are "too short"; such as Ditto, RNG, IV, PID, etc. I don't feel like looking through 21K+ posts.

Anyway, I've only really RNG'ed eggs in BW and about 5 Legendaries so I'm no stranger to 5th gen abuse. Though I'm no expert, that's for sure - especially after about a year away from RNG abuse.

I've decided to RNG some HP Ditto (non-shiny), but don't know how to go about doing it. Do I need to search in Time Finder for IVs (standard seed), then under the main window for 5th Gen PIDRNG? When I do that, I don't know which [PID] frame has my IVs. Or do I need to switch those two? The on-site guide doesn't seem helpful to me (anymore) and doesn't look like it tries to combine Mersenne Twister with PID abuse. Or am I just being dumb (it is 1 am here, so that is a possibility)?

Never mind. I'm just tired and rusty. I figured it out through a combination of trial-and-error, Blyde's Bloghell, and .com ^_^ Now I feel better and can get to sleep.

Last edited:
Quick question (sorry if this is answered somewhere, I'm rusty with Gen 4 RNG): my delays are odd on my Soul Silver cartridge. If I start over to RNG abuse my ID/SID, will my delays remain odd or can they change?

By how much does the gift Eevee in Black 2 advance your IV Frame? I remember reading that it's different from other gift pokemon.

EDIT: Or is Eevee on frame 8 like the others? I probably confused it with the Larvesta egg...

lats

formerly lockiegengar12
By how much does the gift Eevee in Black 2 advance your IV Frame? I remember reading that it's different from other gift pokemon.

EDIT: Or is Eevee on frame 8 like the others? I probably confused it with the Larvesta egg...
When I RNG'd it, I only needed to be on IV Frame 1. For some reason, I had to stop advancing PID frames two before my target instead of one, otherwise I'd get the nature on the PID frame after my target (I honestly don't know what caused this, I'm not affected by Memory Link offset, there are no WNPCs... I'm in the dark on that one too). Hope I helped. Note that the Eevee can't be female, so annoying.

Edit: Looked it up and found that the Eevee is indeed on frame 1.

Last edited:
When I RNG'd it, I only needed to be on IV Frame 1. For some reason, I had to stop advancing PID frames two before my target instead of one, otherwise I'd get the nature on the PID frame after my target (I honestly don't know what caused this, I'm not affected by Memory Link offset, there are no WNPCs... I'm in the dark on that one too). Hope I helped. Note that the Eevee can't be female, so annoying.
Cheers.

I do have Memory Link, so I have no idea hat will happen to me TBH.....

And no female is meh, but doable. The only thing that really suffers is Sylveon with Wish.
But I run Choice Specs anyway.
:)

(It would also explain why I never got a female even after reseting it 100 plus times last year. Derp.)

So I've been trying to rng capture a shiny darumaka in b2 on route 4 with sweet scenting. After I finally found a decent seed I just did the usual, start the game and avance the frames with chatots. I actually managed to hit the seed several times and found wild pokemon with the desired spread. Now I have the problem that the shiny frame is 103. So after a bit trial and error I found out that when I stop at frame 94 I encounter the pokemon matching frame 101, so I figured if I stop at 96 I should encounter the shiny darumaka corresponding to frame 103. This didn't work and I encountered the pokemon corresponding to frame 105. Stopping at frame 95 also doesn't get me the desired pokemon.
I've had the same problem when trying to catch a shiny magneton which I eventually gave up...
I had no problem when catching a shiny deino in a cave without npcs.

I know that there are npcs on that route but is that really that much of a problem? What can I do to finally encounter my shiny darumaka?

Mac-Adress: 9BFD93666
Seed: 4B4C8FCB19AD9434

Sorry if this is a stupid question, so far I have only done easy stationary pokemon and standard egg abuse...

lats

formerly lockiegengar12
So I've been trying to rng capture a shiny darumaka in b2 on route 4 with sweet scenting. After I finally found a decent seed I just did the usual, start the game and avance the frames with chatots. I actually managed to hit the seed several times and found wild pokemon with the desired spread. Now I have the problem that the shiny frame is 103. So after a bit trial and error I found out that when I stop at frame 94 I encounter the pokemon matching frame 101, so I figured if I stop at 96 I should encounter the shiny darumaka corresponding to frame 103. This didn't work and I encountered the pokemon corresponding to frame 105. Stopping at frame 95 also doesn't get me the desired pokemon.
I've had the same problem when trying to catch a shiny magneton which I eventually gave up...
I had no problem when catching a shiny deino in a cave without npcs.

I know that there are npcs on that route but is that really that much of a problem? What can I do to finally encounter my shiny darumaka?

Mac-Adress: 9BFD93666
Seed: 4B4C8FCB19AD9434

Sorry if this is a stupid question, so far I have only done easy stationary pokemon and standard egg abuse...
Sounds to me like the WNPCs are trolling you on the route. It'll probably just come down to luck, but I'd advise just advancing to frame 96 then praying you get lucky. Keep trying is the only advice I can give you :/

.com

Grumpy old man
To add to what lockiegengar12 said, you can try resaving (opening the game randomly, and saving again). No promises, but I find sometimes that changes the speed the NPCs make advancements while opening the menu and sweet scenting.
That or it's a complete placebo... Might still help if that's the case anyways :P.

On a separate note; anyone got a guide for swirling dust abuse?
Never mind, figured it out.

Last edited:
Sorry if this has been asked recently, but since the link for encounter slots in down in the RNG Reporter, does anyone have a link for Soul Silver encounter slots?

Hey guys, I have a quick question regarding a shiny RNG breed in black/white 1. I have been rnging on my white 1 with success for stationary,wild, and non shiny breeds but for some reason I haven't been able to get a successful shiny breed.

When I go to time finder to find a seed, it will say something like (for example): the 91st frame will be shiny, modest nature, Ability = 1, Dream World ability = False. However when I copy the seed over and generate the frames, the 91st frame will be: non shiny, modest nature, Ability = 0, Dream World ability = True. But the 92nd frame will be shiny and everything matching the result in the time finder except for the nature. Is this supposed to happen or am I messing something up?

I know that you are supposed to stop 1 frame before your target for breeding and I've tried stopping on various frames with no success. Sorry about the long post but if anyone has insight into this that would be great!

shiny finder

forever searching
Chatot Wrangler
Hey guys, I have a quick question regarding a shiny RNG breed in black/white 1. I have been rnging on my white 1 with success for stationary,wild, and non shiny breeds but for some reason I haven't been able to get a successful shiny breed.

When I go to time finder to find a seed, it will say something like (for example): the 91st frame will be shiny, modest nature, Ability = 1, Dream World ability = False. However when I copy the seed over and generate the frames, the 91st frame will be: non shiny, modest nature, Ability = 0, Dream World ability = True. But the 92nd frame will be shiny and everything matching the result in the time finder except for the nature. Is this supposed to happen or am I messing something up?

I know that you are supposed to stop 1 frame before your target for breeding and I've tried stopping on various frames with no success. Sorry about the long post but if anyone has insight into this that would be great!
Are all your settings consistent between the time finder and main window (ditto parents, etc). Are you using the right method (Breeding (BW) or Breeding (BW, international))? The frames should match up.

In general, yes you are supposed to hear the Chatot 1 frame before your target, but with the npc's on the route, you might have to stop before (I usually guess ~6 random frame advances)

Last edited:
Are all your settings consistent between the time finder and main window (ditto parents, etc). Are you using the right method (Breeding (BW) or Breeding (BW, international))? The frames should match up.

In general, yes you are supposed to hear the Chatot 1 frame before your target, but with the npc's on the route, you might have to stop before (I usually guess ~6 random frame advances)
Thanks for the reply. I'm pretty sure they are correct since I was able to breed something before (non shiny) using the same ditto and the other pokemon being something that I've bred. I'll try taking the everstone off and seeing if im off by any extra frames. Just to double check something, unlike standard seed, the iv's are not locked in on the time for breeding are they?

shiny finder

forever searching
Chatot Wrangler
Thanks for the reply. I'm pretty sure they are correct since I was able to breed something before (non shiny) using the same ditto and the other pokemon being something that I've bred. I'll try taking the everstone off and seeing if im off by any extra frames. Just to double check something, unlike standard seed, the iv's are not locked in on the time for breeding are they?
The windows should match up though. Can you post any screen shots if you are working with a seed, please? Right, the IV's vary with the frame when breeding.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 14)