What were you the 'first' to do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beta.

Ruff Ruff amirite?
Now the title of this thread is pretty loose, so I should put more thought into it.

Being the first of something can range from any group, not just solely to one. This could range from first in your family to graduate high school, or to first person in the world to buy google glass. It can be in almost any situation.

So, since I doubt this thread needs any more explanation, I guess I shall start it:

I guess it's not that big of an accomplishment, as my school is very small, and I live in a very small town in Canada, this may not be a great accomplishment. Yet anyways, in my High School, I was the first person (at least that I know of) to go to the roof of my school, and somehow or another, I convinced them to let me go tarzan mode, and swing from a tree vine to go to the ground below.
Well, convinced is more of an overstatement. It's more of, I did it anyways, and managed to get in huge shit, and almost nobody was aloud on the roof of the school from there on out.

So, that's my little story of how I was the first to do something, what is yours?

Relados

fractactical genius
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I was the first to reply in this thread.

More seriously, being a middle child I've never been the first to do anything, though I've been second at too many things to count.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was the first to reply in this thread.

More seriously, being a middle child I've never been the first to do anything, though I've been second at too many things to count.
So I'm not the only middle child! Also, I was first to do the ACT in my seventh grade class. There were 25 of us though, so...

Ninahaza

You'll always be a part of me
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I was born to extremely religious parents and was the only one out of my entire, also very religious, huge, and scattered across the globe African family to land the name "Jesus" (not pronounced Hey-Zeus). That's not the best part or even what i was first to however, lol. I recently came out of the religious closet, which, to me personally, was much harder than if it were to be a thing of my sexuality. I say this because there are quite a few people in my family whom, although it took some time, have come to be accepting of the whole gay straight and everything in between problems facing our race today (and some even believe its just bullshit that so many people cant see the light on this issue). However, there are ZERO among them willing to tolerate an atheist. i still get shit about my decision from everyone except for my younger sister. And i damn near broke my mothers heart, whom i just love to absolute pieces.

So in short; 2nd born son (yes there was a first son before me that missed the luck of the draw). Wins religious name lottery (literally the rest of my name just praises my first name, Jesus). Becomes first non-believer in entire family (i'm still doing research on this, but i also think in the entire history of my family so far).

Courage, we must take it and learn to exercise it. And should we fail? well then i say take a trip down to your local cafe, grab a snack, sit down to eat it and ask yourself what things out of this life are most important to you. what really matters to you? answer that question and then go try again, and again until you find that courage. My life is lol guys, you have no idea, but i try to take it one day at a time and remind myself that, religious or not, we are all really ever guaranteed one go at this game.

Do you believe there is nothing after death? what if your parents/family were right? Don't you want to be with them? did you once believe but then chose to turn your back on God? because that is the only unforgivable sin.
I actually typed out a long and well thought out response, but then ended it with the sentence "But hey lets not start a major derailment and let another inevitable, incoming religious debate claim another thread". I thought about that line and decided if i really meant it then the rest that preceded it needs to either be deleted or re-written.

Sorry man. Feel free to pay my profile page a visit however :)

Last edited:

Sapientia

Wir knutschen
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
People made fun of me for using that in SPL season one, which was in early 2011(?). I've been using the team I used there for quite a while already, so I guess I built it at the end of 2009 or in early 2010.
Not sure about that tho

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
First to complete a FFT SSCC (Final Fantasy Tactics Solo Straight Character Challenge, i.e. Beat the game using only the main character, using only the abilities from one job class.)

And, well being a pkmn mstr (which you can read as either master or mister if you want), I've been the innovator of a lot of pkmn stuff. The most notable things I recall are popularizing Skarmory in Gen 2 and Taunt Gyarados in Gen 3. First to win SPL as a proud member of the INDIE SCOOTERS!

cookie

my wish like everyone else is to be seen
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
this has already devolved into inanity, this does not spark discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)