Big Everybody Votes Mafia Game Over; Democracy and Communism win

ariariadne

formerly Reinfleche
The concern was that we were worried our fakes would get disproved quickly for the majority of the stuff we were given as "safe" due to the vote action system making a lot of roles easy to check for bullshit. The problem was a village leader could've orchestrated actions in such a way we might not know who to target even if we actually had the role in question, like silencer, which would make the fact that we're lying really obvious. Also, we didn't want to give village access to our investigation roles.

We used the supers and format given to us because they worked, though. I think I had to shorten my fake at some point.

I don't understand these claims of fakeclaiming being difficult. Von gave the mafia ideas for the vote action and even was so generous as to give unused supers as well. As for the Born ___ start, did you ask for him to review your fakes? He's done that in the past small mafia games, at least.
Nopers, while I actually wrote this as a tip in my strategy guide (lol) I didn't consider it significant enough to ask about. I neutered my jack of all trades role when I claimed it, which von advised me to do but I had already begun doing as well. I meant to neuter zorbees's role as well (another thing that could've fucked us over, that role would be crazy OP on the village inspector in its existing iteration), but I couldn't find a good number before we went ahead with it. We removed a lot of useful stuff that we wanted to keep to ourselves in the process.

As someone who wrote three fakes for this game (two of which only got outed by UncleSam), I did not find false claiming hard at all. We had trouble finding something for Yeti to claim because her secondary was passive and BPV is a joke claim, but the whole billymills thing happened and then it was irrelevant. I was surprised to find out so many of our roles were duplicates, but he gave us a fully safe claim (ability check) if we were audacious enough to use it, and having checked projected village numbers against vote actions, I was pretty sure there were duplicates anyway, so you had to pick what you claimed with that in mind. Nobody ever said you had to claim what was given to you either, although you ran the risk of triple claims there. (We had like four backup claims at some point or something stupid?)

While the Fascists aren't wrong in that we did verify most people through duplicate claims, the main reason we were able to do that with such accuracy was their claims/zorbees's role, and being able to clean so many people because they DIDN'T have counterclaims. The trick is really blending in, I think there would have been less problems if they just went all-in. I think we might've gotten better false claims than the Fascists as well? But hey, suck it up, you guys had every lynch role and three extra people...

Although I agree, I was really concerned about vote actions being used to clean people. If the village got its shit together, while democracy was potentially quite a hindrance, earlygame it serves as a very powerful information source. It could have potentially been cool if some of us had legit vote actions like the neuts, I really enjoyed that part.

I will state that I don't consider giving unused characters generous anymore, I consider it good practice. We were, however, given really good characters, and quite a large number of them.

Last edited:

zorbees

Chwa for no reason!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
IIRC The main reason we thought basilisk was Fascist was because of my spreadsheet ability. We had exactly 30 besides us on one night, and had Ace as town, and the only one we were really unsure of. Of course, the actual issue was that tesung/dle wasn't correct.

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
oh i forgot to post this log (this was with Theo)

[23:34] <UncleSam> ya so i thought you were yeti after i realized you werent bass
[23:34] <UncleSam> then i realized you said something along the lines of
[23:34] <UncleSam> 'im your bitch now'
[23:34] <UncleSam> and i dont think ive ever heard yeti refer to herself as a bitch before
[23:34] <UncleSam> so then i thought you were aska
[23:34] <UncleSam> and then he got lynched
[23:34] <UncleSam> so now i figure youre jumpluff
[23:34] <UncleSam> im a great guesser arent i

LightWolf

lightwoof
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
zorbees: I suspected you were oligarchy anyway because LW was like "Yeah we'll get you vote actions" and then after I claimed4real and you gave me legit actions he decided nah fuck that + all US seemed pretty confident. I was mostly in denial because no one had CC'd ;_;

I doubt I would've outed you anyway since that seemed like a great way to get the village to kill me
Actually I said that because I realised that I could potentially ask AG for ALL the suggestions for each vote role he was giving to zorbees and then I'd forward that to you, sadly von later ruled that as being too revealing.

Might as well give my thoughts. At first when the game started I was really happy to take the Fascist communication role since generally I don't do well at false claiming at all. But early on I had a few days of business+laziness due to which I was p inactive as far as planning went, thinking with our teamcomp my input that early wasn't really needed. I blame myself for a lot of things afterwards though, plenty of times I was only talking in hindsight instead of seriously pushing for stuff earlier(SACRIFICE ASKA!) including my own death where I simply ignored my own safety thinking I was just being selfish if I voiced my concerns for my own survival. All in all I played badly, and was intimidated by our team quality.

As far as our plan goes, I'd say we lost this game very early actually... Our composition is kinda bad for long term moling. We couldn't sacrifice members to keep up appearances, we didn't have much vote control to hasten the village's demise either. Even with lowering the village's quality through kills immensely we still reached a point when they started to focus us after zorbees was p much exposed. The whole mole idea sounded good on paper but we kinda got stuck in it, if anything, if we got zorbees outed earlier jumpluff could have likely unquestionably taken over the village and solidified our position. We were sstubbornly hanging onto keeping zorbees in the leadership hoping the village would simply be unable to notice by the end... Yeah I'm yet again only clever in hindsight, and I didn't even think of this when we started or as it was going, and honestly we would likely lose even worse without moling that hard(maybe not our fakes were pretty nice quality in the end...).

It was still an enjoyable game, if a game can make me care enough to be frustrated over the opposition and question like all our moves in retrospect I must have enjoyed the shit out of it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)