Summer Games Done Quick 2014

It's that time of the year again! This time they're doing it for Doctors without Borders. Watch these guys break all these games and make developers cry.

Watch the hype here or here.

Peach be doing work in Super Mario 3D World jump levels at the moment.

A little late, but that Sonic Advance 2 run was just awful, even for Naegleria. At one point he literally stopped and said "I forgot the strat." The worst part is that he still beat the estimate by 10 minutes.

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
This LttP run: has to do 27 frame perfect dash hovers, just because he skips the hookshot.

It's been 9 minutes and he hasn't gotten it yet.

This LttP run: has to do 27 frame perfect dash hovers, just because he skips the hookshot.

It's been 9 minutes and he hasn't gotten it yet.
Note that the estimate was 2 hours or something for his run, mostly because of that trick and the possibility of it taking a long time, he did take longer then usual because he's decently consistent at his stream, but it's to be expected with 60k something people watching here.

Same thing with the generous estimate for Metroid Prime 2 because of Grand Abyss.

Last edited:

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
The worst part is that he still beat the estimate by 10 minutes.
So I'm not the only one annoyed by the occasional ridiculously overly conservative time estimates? :] I know some concessions have to be made for scheduling purposes and that a marathon speedrun is rarely going to be WR pace, due to safe strats and RNG elements, but too conservative makes it look like the runner had no faith in their ability to speedrun. Incidentally, the FF6 run at the end was... I have no idea what's possible for the game at 100% but it seemed like it didn't go all that well. However, it was less than five minutes short of the estimate which made me a little giddy.

Conservative estimates generally include the time required to take down and set up the next game, as well as any bonuses that were reached for each game. I generally figure that 75% of the estimate is a good approximation of how long the game itself should take (For shorter games, not true for ~3h+ game).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)