Home Field Advantage III - Playoffs Round 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Approved by TDs | Regular Season

Introduction

Welcome to Home Field Advantage, 3rd edition. With the release of the Sixth Generation, players will have to account for more Pokémon, more strategies, and more tiers. This season-formatted tournament will test each player’s ability in different tiers, proving once and for all who the best battler around is.

General Rules

• 96 players are split into 16 groups of 6 players each. Each player plays 10 games, 2 against each of the members in their group (1 home and 1 away).
• All matchups will be posted here.
• The home player can choose from one of the following tiers to be played: XY OU, XY Ubers, XY UU.
• The home player may choose a different tier to be played, but both sides must agree. The away player cannot reject one of the three main tiers listed above.
• The current Smogon banlists will apply to this tournament.
• High activity is expected of all players in this tournament. It is a long tournament, and I will not be hesitant to remove inactive players.
• The battles must be played on Pokémon Showdown, unless both players agree otherwise.
• The first and only tiebreaker between divisional opponents will be Head to Head matchup. If two players are tied on points and split their 2 matches, they will play a 1 match playoff at the end of the regular season.
• Please let your opponent know what tier you plan to choose ahead of time. This gives the other player time to find or create a team.
• This tournament will use a point system: 2 points for a win (including activity), 1 point for a coin flip win, and 0 points for a loss.
• You will receive 2 points for up to four activity wins. After that, you will only receive 1 point for any remaining activity wins.
• The playoffs will follow the regular season, with the top player from each group advancing to the playoffs. The playoffs will be a best out of 3 format in the three main tiers (XY OU, XY Ubers, and XY UU).

Tournament Rules

Battle Rules

• Evasion Clause
• Sleep Clause
• Species Clause
• OHKO Clause
• Timed Battle

Matchups

The matchups will be a best-of-three in XY OU, XY Ubers, and XY UU.

e7e vs Angelin
Eo Ut Mortus vs Ryanor
Kebabe vs Rockhp
Ojama vs Lady Gaga
Haruno vs Temptation
coolfreez vs TewMew
Dice vs Edgar
Kirigakure vs Destiny Device

Deadline: July 8th, 2014

Last edited:
e7e vs Angelin
Eo Ut Mortus / Level 56 vs Ryanor
Kebabe vs Rockhp
Ojama
vs Lady Gaga
Haruno vs Temptation
Tesung vs TewMew
Dice vs Edgar

e7e vs Angelin
Kebabe vs Rockhp
Ojama vs Lady Gaga
Haruno vs Temptation
Tesung vs TewMew
Dice vs Edgar

e7e vs Angelin
Kebabe vs Rockhp
Ojama vs Lady Gaga
Haruno vs Temptation
coolfreez vs TewMew (idk who are u)
Dice vs Edgar

Dr Ciel

Banned deucer.
e7e vs Angelin
Kebabe vs Rockhp
Ojama vs Lady Gaga
Haruno vs Temptation
coolfreez vs TewMew
Dice vs Edgar

WhiteQueen

the queen bee
is a Tiering Contributorwon the 11th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Past SPL Champion
There's one flaw with this point system and one person from every group advancing: after losing one or two games straight, the majority of the people would just give wins away.

I'm just mad that I have 12 points and I didn't make the playoffs, while people with like 8 points are still playing.

And all two of my losses were due to hax.

Good luck all.

</mad>

There's one flaw with this point system and one person from every group advancing: after losing one or two games straight, the majority of the people would just give wins away.

I'm just mad that I have 12 points and I didn't make the playoffs, while people with like 8 points are still playing.

And all two of my losses were due to hax.

Good luck all.

</mad>
Lol there is nobody with 8 points still playing, but I appreciate the nice feedback :-)

My opp couldnt play on the time I suggested and we agreed to. Then he suggested another time and I waited 1h and he did not show up. I can play tomorrow too but if he doesnt show up then it will be hard to get this done. Activity post.

BPC

"Silence is the best answer to a stupid question"
e7e vs Angelin
Eo Ut Mortas vs Ryanor
Kebabe vs RockHp
Ojama vs Lady Gaga
Haruno vs @Temptation
Coolfreez vs TewMew
Dice
vs Edgar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)