GSCielebi Tournament R2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy Snype

Mr. Music
Introduction

Originally Colchonero's idea who couldn't host it because he is in jail for killing a man

As we all know, Celebi was banned from GSC OU many years ago, but there are some players who doesn't agree with that maybe undeserved ban. Well, then let's see again how the GSC metagame works with Celebi.

This is simply a GSC OU tournament, in which Celebi will be allowed.

Tournament Rules
General tournament rules and regulations can be found here.

Format
Generation II OU.
Single Elimination, best of one.
Matches must be played on Pokemon Online v2 under the "Crystal" subgeneration.

Specific Rules
Celebi is allowed for the entirety of this tournament.

Clauses
  • Species Clause: A player cannot have two of the same Pokémon on their team. For example, a player cannot have two Koffing on his or her team.
  • Sleep Clause: A player cannot put two or more different opposing Pokémon to sleep using attacks that induce sleep to opposing Pokémon.
  • Evasion Clause: A player cannot increase their Pokémon's evasion stat with a move that specifically increases evasion. Items or indirect boosts do not break this clause.
  • OHKO Clause: Players cannot use Horn Drill, Guillotine, or Fissure in any of their Pokémon's movesets.
  • Battle Timeout: If a player exhausts the timer, he/she loses.
  • Freeze Clause: Only one Pokemon can be frozen on your opponent's team at a time.
  • Ubers Clause: The only Uber you may use is Celebi. Mewtwo, Mew, Lugia, and Ho-oh are banned for the entirety of this tournament.
  • Self-KO Clause: If a player uses a recoil move to cause a draw, that player wins. If a player uses Explosion, Selfdestruct, Destiny Bond, or Perish Song to cause a draw, that player loses. If a draw would be caused by a hold item or ability that causes recoil to the opponent, the player that controls the Pokémon with the hold item or ability wins.
  • Sleep Perish Trap Clause: A player may not use a sleep-inducing attack, an infinite-duration trapping attack (i.e., Mean Look or Spider Web), and Perish Song all on the same moveset of any Pokemon. For example, a Pokemon using all of Hypnosis, Mean Look, and Perish Song together on its moveset is banned. Examples of what is NOT banned are: using just Mean Look and Perish Song together on the same set; using just Lovely Kiss and Mean Look together on the same set; and using all of Wrap, Spore, and Perish Song together on the same set.

R2

Skrtel vs Nachos - forfeit
Fakes vs Bedschibaer - act
Ojama vs BKC
TGMD vs majaspic22
pokebasket
vs Level 56
Alan vs Laurel - coin flip
kael vs Haruno - act
e7e
vs MoxieInfinite
scorpdestroyer vs Conflict - forfeit..
Sapientia vs LEGOLAS- get this shit done
Crestfall vs Felony - forfeit.
Ryanor vs Isa

Sorry about delay in getting this round up, had a lot of schoolwork piledup.

Deadline: Thurs July 3 11:59 PM EST

Last edited:

Crestfall

levitate, levitate, levitate, levitate
Ok I responded to Felony, albeit a bit late. If things work out we go on Monday.

E: We'll be playing at about 11am EST on Monday! I'll try to avenge you (when) if I beat Felony MoxieInfinite

Last edited:

Isa

I've never felt better in my life
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
scheduled for today, four hours ago, opponent didnt show. going to bed now (3:00 AM), hopefully we will play tomorrow.

CyberOdin✝

¨ I will persist ¨ ❤
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a defending SPL Championis a Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
Skrtel vs Nachos
Fakes vs Bedschibaer
Ojama vs BKC
TGMD vs majaspic22
pokebasket
vs Level 56
Alan vs Laurel
kael vs Haruno
e7e vs MoxieInfinite
scorpdestroyer vs Conflict
Sapientia vs SOMALIA
Crestfall vs Felony
Ryanor vs Isa

Alan got drunk and missed scheduled time but tbf i was asleep (so we both missed it) will try and play today, activity nonetheless

Crestfall

levitate, levitate, levitate, levitate
Having the activity win over Felony because things got complicated and deadline was the 4th lol.

Unless deadline is extended to the 11th, in which case we could actually battle.

Andy Snype

Mr. Music
not extending until the 11th. gettin tired of the forfeits happening. of the matches that actually have a chance to play today, i'll give them until today to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)