Multifaction/FFA Space War 2: The Postgame Wars

askaninjask

[FLAIL ARMS]
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Hello all, thanks for signing up, let's get this started.

Sending out PMs now.

Rules:
Overview:
This game will have 11 players and each player will be on his or her own team. Each player will control two ships, and will seek to destroy a certain number of enemy ships before both of his or her own ships are sunk.

Each ship starts out at 4 HP. The names of the ships are such:
USS Alastor
USS Albus
USS Arthur
USS Bellatrix
USS Draco
USS Fred
USS George
USS Ginny
USS Harry
USS He-Who-Must-Not-Be
USS Hermione
USS James
USS Lily
USS Lucius
USS Minerva
USS Molly
USS Neville
USS Nymphadora
USS Remus
USS Ron
USS Severus
USS Sirius

In a PM that all players will receive, players will be told which two ships are theirs.

Skills:
Each player has 5 potential skills they can use every turn of the game. These are:
  1. Fire the blasters!
    This action will (attempt to) deal 1 damage to a ship of your choice.
  2. Raise the forcefield!
    This action will (attempt to) protect both of your own ships from all enemy blasters.
  3. Fire an electromagnetic pulse (EMP)!
    This action will (attempt to) eliminate enemy forcefields and disable their blasters.
  4. Send spies!
    This action will (attempt to) gather intel from a ship of your choice, telling you the player that ship belongs to as well as the skills that player currently has.
  5. Put the personnel of your ships on high alert!
    This action will (attempt to) let your personnel stand on guard, stopping enemy EMPs and spies from affecting your ships.

In addition to having these five skills, you can level up these skills to make them more likely to succeed.

Upgrading and Acquiring Skills:
Each skill has various available tiers. High tier abilities break through the effects of lower tiered abilities. The available tiers for each skill are:

Code:
Skill      Tiers
Blasters   1  2  3  4  5 (6)
Forcefield 1  2  3  4 (5)
EMP        1  2  3  4 (5)
Spies         2  3  4  5 (6)
Personnel  1  2  3  4 (5)
Every player starts out with the same equipment - Blasters level 1 and no other skills. To start the game, each player gets 6 upgrades. Upgrades can be used to either gain a new skill (if you do not already have it) or level up an existing skill. All skills are acquired at level 1 except for spies, who are acquired already at level 2. To use an upgrade, send me a PM saying “Upgrade/Acquire <skill>”. <skill> will be upgraded to the next level that turn.

In addition to the 6 free upgrades everyone gets, you will acquire more upgrades over the course of the game. Every time you successfully use a blaster on another player or take damage from the blaster of another player, you gain another upgrade to use.

Blasters and spies can be upgraded to a maximum of level 5, which with the help of another player can be boosted to 6 for that cycle. All other skills can only be upgraded to a maximum of level 4, which with the help of another player can be boosted to 5 for that cycle.

Effects of leveling up:
Blasters will usually be blocked by an enemy forcefield, but they will pass through the forcefield if the level of the blaster is greater than the level of your enemy’s forcefield. If both are the same level, the forcefield will successfully stop the blaster.

Forcefields will usually be shut down by enemy EMP strikes, but your forcefields will be unaffected by them if they are a higher level than them. If both are the same level, the forcefield will NOT be affected by the EMP strike.

EMP strikes will usually be taken care of by the targeted ship’s personnel, but if the level of the EMP strike is higher than the level of the personnel, then the EMP strike will go through anyway. If both are the same level, personnel will successfully stop the EMP strike.

Spies are blocked by personnel in the same way that EMP strikes are.

(Note: If your personnel fails to block an EMP strike of any strength, your blasters will be shut down regardless of their level.)

Working together:
If you and an ally decide that you need a little more power for one or more of your actions, you may combine your efforts and use your action to support your ally’s. To do this, in your PM, instead of saying “Use <action> on <ship>”, you would say, “Using <action> to aid <friendly ship> for the turn.” <friendly ship> must be a ship owned by the player you wish to support. The owner of that ship will have the level of that skill raised by 1 for the turn. For example, if an ally has a level 5 Blaster, you can support him giving him an almost unbeatable level 6 Blaster for that turn, but you will be unable to use your blaster for anything else that turn.

You cannot aid a friendly ship in doing a skill that you have not yet acquired.

NOTE: Skills are owned by players, not their ships. Each player gets to use any owned skills exactly once per turn, even if they have 2 ships remaining.

NOTE: As stated above, each ship starts out with 4 HP. For each blaster hit that is successful against that ship, it will lose 1 HP, regardless of the level of the blaster.

NOTE: If you have acquired forcefields or personnel, those skills will be used automatically to protect both of your own ships every cycle unless you use your forcefields/personnel to aid an ally’s ship.

Winning this game:
In a PM that all players will receive, they will be told their own role name as well as the role names of 2 enemy players and 2 super-enemy players. You earn one (1) point for each enemy player’s ship that is eliminated, and you earn one and a half (1.5) points for each super-enemy ship that is eliminated.

If you acquire 6 points before both of your ships are eliminated, you win the game.

Priority:
Similar actions are processed simultaneously. This includes blaster strikes, which entails that if two ships with 1 HP fire at each other, both will be sunk. The level of a skill has no effect on priority.

The order that actions will be processed is as follows:
EMP support
Personnel support
Forcefield support
EMP strikes
Blasters support
Blasters strikes
Spies support
Spies strikes

Worth noting here is that EMP strikes will “cut” forcefield support rendering it useless if it strikes a supporting ship. I can elaborate on this if anyone is confused.

Other notes:
If someone wins their remaining ship(s) are removed from the game. These ships do not count as “eliminated” for the purposes of other players’ win conditions.

If at some point it becomes impossible for a player to win the game, any of their remaining ships will be brought to 0 HP immediately and they will lose. These ships *do* count as “eliminated” for the purposes of other players’ win conditions.

Players:
billymills
Cancerous
Celever
Flamestrike
GeneralSpoon
Lady Salamence
penguin344
PokeguyNXB
s_aman
UncleSam
zorbees

Ships:
USS Alastor
USS Albus
USS Arthur
USS Bellatrix
USS Draco
USS Fred
USS George
USS Ginny
USS Harry
USS He-Who-Must-Not-Be
USS Hermione
USS James
USS Lily
USS Lucius
USS Minerva
USS Molly
USS Neville
USS Nymphadora
USS Remus
USS Ron
USS Severus
USS Sirius

If there are ANY questions about the game or the rules, I can be found on #circus on synIRC or you can PM me on the forums if I'm not there. IRC access will be extremely helpful to you in this game. If you need help getting set up on IRC, PM me on the forums and I'll help you out.

Sending role PMs now.

Last edited:

askaninjask

[FLAIL ARMS]
All role PMs sent.

It is now Cycle 0. On cycle 0, each of you has 6 upgrades to spend, which you can spend in any of the 5 skills. As a reminder, each of you starts out with Blasters level 1 and no other skills. You may not fire your blasters on cycle 0.

Cycle 0 ends 48 hours as of this post.

askaninjask

[FLAIL ARMS]
Amendment: You may not use ANY actions during cycle 0, including the ones you are purchasing this cycle. In future cycles, you may use abilities on the same cycle that you purchase them.

askaninjask

[FLAIL ARMS]
The wreckage of a ship falls into a nearby star. The ship sent out a distress message just before. You determined that the ship was USS Lucius, a ship of Agent Gray's.

No other casualties.

Sending out result PMs now.

askaninjask

[FLAIL ARMS]
I got a win condition wrong. I have alerted the user in question of their real win condition. This is extremely embarrassing and I apologize to all the players for having made such a huge mistake.

askaninjask

[FLAIL ARMS]
"Avada kedavra!" shouts USS James. This did nothing, because magic isn't real. USS James has fallen, and it was the final ship of Agent Gray, also known as PokeguyNXB:

Dear PokeguyNXB,
You are Agent Gray.

You own the ships: USS Lucius, USS James

Your enemies are: Agent Red, Agent White
Your super-enemies are: Agent Blue, Agent Green
Sending result PMs now.

askaninjask

[FLAIL ARMS]
It looks like USS Minerva has looked better. At least she still rocks it on Downton Abbey.

Minerva has been sunk. She belonged to Agent Black.

It is now Cycle 4. Cycle 4 ends 48 hours as of this post.

Last edited:
I'm going to be out of town from tonight until Sunday night, will be checking Smogon semi-regularly but probably won't be on IRC unless someone specifically asks me to be, so if you want to talk to me for some reason make sure to PM me.

askaninjask

[FLAIL ARMS]
Okay, it looks like a ship of Agent Brown's has died. This time it was USS George. Rough life.

In related news, there are only two players currently not in The Alliance who are not idling every round. Seeing as the two users left cannot influence the game in any way given the strategy of the Alliance, I am calling the game.

The next ship to die was Agent Brown's other ship, USS Molly. You see to your own surprise that billymills himself was the idler behind these ships:

role PM said:
Dear billymills,
You are Agent Brown.

You own the ships: USS Molly, USS George

Your enemies are: Agent Black, Agent Blue
Your super-enemies are: Agent Purple, Agent Red
Dying right after him was the next idler, s_aman, Agent Yellow, who controlled the ships USS Harry and USS Remus. Rough life.

role PM said:
Dear s_aman,
You are Agent Yellow.

You own the ships: USS Harry, USS Remus

Your enemies are: Agent Orange, Agent Red
Your super-enemies are: Agent Black, Agent Purple
The last players not to win the game were Agent Orange and Agent Pink. However, unlike the previous two users, they actually played the game! For this reason, even though they lose, they win in our hearts. Congratulations to Cancerous and penguin344 for winning in our hearts.

role PM said:
Dear Cancerous,
You are Agent Orange.

Your ships are: USS He-Who-Must-Not-Be, USS Albus

Your enemies are: Agent Blue, Agent Yellow
Your super-enemies are: Agent Green, Agent White
role PM said:
Dear penguin344,
You are Agent Pink.

You own the ships: USS Sirius, USS Ginny

Your enemies are: Agent Purple, Agent Green
Your super-enemies are: Agent Blue, Agent Red
Which means, the final list of winners of Space War 2 is as follows. Congratulations to Celever, Flamestrike, UncleSam, zorbees, GeneralSpoon, and Lady Salamence (Agents White, Purple, Green, Black, Blue, and Red, respectively) for winning the game. I may edit in your role PMs into this post later.

GG all, sorry for the mistakes and lateness with the last two updates. I will post a very short postgame immediately after this post.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)