Smogon's Official World Cup Discussion (Congrats to Glaucius on winning Pick'em!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn't a red, Luiz was covering

Luiz had a great game and will surely raise himself even more as the "official player of the tournament"

Glad Rodriguez got his goal

Result was fair imo

HBK

Subtlety is my middle name
Trademark Luiz free kick ftw, I didn't expect anything less from Brazil tbh Rodriguez with the misty eyes :P

James rodriquez is the player of the tournament for me. Brilliant again tonight but no one else for colombia showed up.

Brazil to their credit played well.

that ref was bad, colombia was much worse than before, brazil started well but then became ass again, idk what disease i should use to describe that game.

Messi is the player of the tournament so far, Rodriguez, Neymar or Muller wouldn't have dragged that joke of an Argentina team this far.

We are doing this now? Alright let me take a Stab:

Argentina vs Belgium

Defensively both teams are rather similar and you can argue the same as well about the midfield, so if both teams manage to hold down their defensive lines correctly and manage to create chances and reach goal, I'm going to have to give the decisiveness of Messi's Argentina over the Devil's Hazard if yesterday's match is any indication.

Holland vs Costa Rica

I love Rica, I really do, they have managed to even surpass what Croatia did in its debut without having any notable stars in its line up, a true testament of how strong the competition truly is worldwide. But reality is this team has no stamina to park the bus to get a surprise goal or PENs, their team is littered with yellows and reds and Van Gaal will not be repeating his mistakes infront of Mexico, certainly no statements of "This should not end at X team". It was an excellent run, GG Costa.

Now on to the actually hard ones:

France vs Germany

I may be a minority here but the defensive flop that was Germany infront of Algeria should be a one time thing and that Neuer (read Never) and Lahm will be able to push back the French offense led by Benzema and with a plethora of offensive players such as Mueller they will edge out France in a goal frenzied match up. This should be good.

Brazil vs Colombia

I really love Colombia, as others said they are the only consistent team in the tournament and they have attackers capable of scoring Play Station goals. Brazil while still being poor and all over the place, managing in one match to score a festival of Goals with Neymar being the hero (Arigato Gozaimasu) and in another looking like they hosted the tournament by accident and having to praise the one and only true Post. I have confidence Scolari will actually manage to lock out King James, Ceasar pulling out saves from his glory days and Neymar actually showing up to play. Who knows, maybe Fred will manage to...lol no.
I'm Dragon/Psychic :P

Also GG King James, hope you get the golden boot!

MoxieInfinite

Banned deucer.
CMON BASED BELGIUM BEAT THIS PISS ARGENTINA TEAM.

messi and his pace might be good but not better than BASED GOD DANIEL VAN BUYTON LFGI BELGIUM

also, viva costa rica, fuck robben.

Nova

snitches get stitches
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Messi is the player of the tournament so far, Rodriguez, Neymar or Muller wouldn't have dragged that joke of an Argentina team this far.
Tough to get this far with argubly the easiest group and facing Switzerland. Agree that the rest of Agrentina has been a joke though

i found rodriguez pretty underwhelming today, fernandinho covered him effectively. and he's definitely not the player of the tournament lol; it's messi, then david luiz, then him IMO. though messi has faced "bad" teams, he was alwas under huge marking, and still scored clutch goals, while david has been a solid cb and saved brazil from elimination twice already.

also, brilliant first half by brazil, definitely didn't expect that good of a pressure marking. if hulk wasn't a terrible finisher, they could've scored 2 more goals. the second half was pretty dumb though, and i don't know why. btw, paulinho was horrid again, hernanes should've started instead of him.

losing thiago silva vs germany sucks, though luiz gustavo, who has been excellent during the tourney, is back. if we play like we did in the first half i'm pretty sure we can beat germany as well. btw, still not impressed by germany; absolutely poor attacking, and the defense wasn't much solid, especially in the sides of the field; hummels and neuer saved them during the whole game, and their goal was kinda lucky.

well shit getting worst for Brazil. Neymar is out of the world cup.
Team doctor Rodrigo Lasmar confirms Neymar suffered a broken vertebra and is out of the World Cup.

well shit getting worst for Brazil. Neymar is out of the world cup.
Team doctor Rodrigo Lasmar confirms Neymar suffered a broken vertebra and is out of the World Cup.
Damn shame. Hitting someone like that when you're already behind is pretty awful even if it obviously wasn't intentional.

Also fuck the ref, lost control of the game from the first minute.

Last edited:

Max Carvalho

Que os jogos comecem
FUCK WE ARE WITHOUT NEYMAR AND THIAGO!!! Bernard gotta replace him (I mean Neymar.).

Last edited:

Royal Flush

in brazil rain
is a Past WCoP Champion
The ridiculous thing was Zuñiga not getting even a yellow card for this: watching the replay in slow motion clearly showed it was intentional. Feeling really bad for Neymar now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)