Smogon's Official World Cup Discussion (Congrats to Glaucius on winning Pick'em!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
watching some of the decisions in that match, i could very well believe that the ref was brazilian. tough break for columbia, seems fifa have decided that brazil are gonna win this WC to prevent any further rioting/violence.

destinyunknown

Banned deucer.
Highly disgusted at the refereeing in the majority of knockout matches. Didn't they have the budget to buy the cards or what?? It's amazing how physically brutal these last games have been and how few players have been booked. Obviously, this has made for some terrible games when football wasn't played at all. It's also ridiculous that at the end of the first half of Argentina-Belgium only 2 minutes of injury time were given (considering how much time was wasted).

This World Cup started really well but the last matches have been shit... (to be honest, this is reminding me of the Eurocup 2004, and that's not something a tournament should be proud of)

termi

bike is short for bichael
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
The Bus 2: The Parking

Ref is literally Hitler, can we PLEASE give him a red card for being irredeemably shit

MoxieInfinite

Banned deucer.
FUCK KRUL FUCK ROBBEN FUCK HOLLAND FUCK LIFE FUCK UR MOM TOO LATE I ALREADY DID HER FUCK SNEIJDER FUCK VAN GAAL AND YOUR CHEATING TACTICS

the thing i did NOT want to see is about to happen, Argentina - Brazil in finals. It's up to Germany now, PLEASE BEAT THOSE SHITTY BRAZILIANS.

HBK

Subtlety is my middle name
BASED KRUL FUCK YOU LIFE IS SO KRUL MORE KRUL PUNS AASADASFASFADSDFGDSGFS LUCKY SHIT MOTHER FUCKING BS

Soul Fly

IMMA TEACH YOU WHAT SPLASHIN' MEANS
is a Contributor Alumnus
Gotta give it to van Gaal. Pragmatic to have a fresh legged keeper for the penalties but insanely ballsy to give such a pressure situation to a keeper who hasn't even touched the ball in this world cup yet nor had he picked up on any of the strikers' tendencies.

Manchester United will be very lucky to have him...

Eiganjo

So who did buy all the stroopwafels?
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Please, my nerves cant take another match that we SHOULD'VE ended in the first 90 minutes. People parking the bus and unwilling to play the game should go rot.

MoxieInfinite

Banned deucer.
if i knew krul was a penalty god, i woulda done the same. its not THAT good of a tactical twist, though it worked out well. theres a reason i always use forster/pantilimon/guilherme as my reserve gk everytime my main gk is ter-stegen on fm.

Soul Fly

IMMA TEACH YOU WHAT SPLASHIN' MEANS
is a Contributor Alumnus
He decided to go with a goalie who's as fresh as possible... and it showed.
Navas missed van Persie's penalty despite judging it right because he couldn't dive with all his strength off the battered right foot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)