League of Legends: Let's Talk About uhhh??

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
I'm quite sure he isn't. It's just you don't need it on Swain.

If you plan on justifying it on Swain, I'm sure we can all remind you of why people buy LW on Vayne.
It's not remotely the same thing, since Swain can easily chew through infinite mana for having his ult active a long time. Of course, ideally you should turn it off before it gets too costly but it's not a insignificant amount of time you have to sit out of the fight waiting for the cooldown to come back up to get back in. Swain can't exactly do much once you turn off his ult and you can't always afford to just shut off mid-fight and sit out for the next ten seconds.

Although the obvious thing I missed was the suggestion to rush RoA, so *shrug*. But Grail and Morellonomicon both have mana regen anyway if you're gonna itemize CDR (are you really going to buy DFG on Swain? ...maybe), so you're probably gonna get mana regen whether you like it or not.

It's not remotely the same thing, since Swain can easily chew through infinite mana for having his ult active a long time. Of course, ideally you should turn it off before it gets too costly but it's not a insignificant amount of time you have to sit out of the fight waiting for the cooldown to come back up to get back in. Swain can't exactly do much once you turn off his ult and you can't always afford to just shut off mid-fight and sit out for the next ten seconds.

Although the obvious thing I missed was the suggestion to rush RoA, so *shrug*. But Grail and Morellonomicon both have mana regen anyway if you're gonna itemize CDR (are you really going to buy DFG on Swain? ...maybe), so you're probably gonna get mana regen whether you like it or not.
roa -> zhonyas -> rylais -> frozen heart -> spirit visage is full build usually. i never get that far though since most of the time im winning too hard to i get bored and build dfg.

Kinneas

puffoon
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I am around 1800 elo atm. Fionna is broken. Imagine if tryndamere could 100-0 a tower with his ultimate up, and you only have to kill 2 towers to have free reign on their nexus. I win almost every game by completely ignoring the enemy team and facetanking my way through towers whenever my ult is up.

Lemongrab is also disgusting please remove him from the game it's unacceptable.

So I joined a normal today with a 4 man premade, and they asked me to specifically play Leona support. I said sure, because Leona is my "main" and I haven't played her much lately. The game starts, and I have to leave the buff and spend my summoners to walk all the way across the map and save the top/mid laner from dying in a 2v2 in the enemy jungle at level 1 (we somehow escaped 1-0 on the scoreboard), then walk all the way botlane only for my ADC to have shitty positioning and die level 2 because I had no exhaust. Game progresses, bot lane devolves into a chaotic 3/4 person mess on both sides with the mid laners and junglers coming down frequently, but I hold on pretty strong and keep my team alive through most of the altercations. Midgame comes, and I start rotating and securing kills in other lanes, plus securing dragon/jungle vision control and timers. I made some flashy plays throughout, making some heroic saves and ganks, and the other team surrenders at around 30 minutes with me going 2/3/16.

The bad part is, throughout this entire game, throughout all the kept timers and great saves, throughout every teamfight... I wasn't thanked even once. Why does it hurt so bad? It is this pain we must bear, fellow support mains. Everyone else, please thank your supports every once in a while. I promise we didn't mean to steal that kill :pirate:

Support has and always will be a thankless job because most of the ways support carries are more subtle than getting lots of kills (which would get you yelled at for ksing unless they were solo kills). I think 'not getting yelled at' is a good standard for an amicable League game. Although in premades you'd expect a bit more friendliness.

Be satisfied with your own play though

to be fair i can't stand using anivia's ult 'cause of the poor cast + leash range. With that in mind the damage is pretty accurately comparable to morg's soil(outclassing it by a hair), which wrecks way more safely and mana efficiently than blowing nivvy's RQ on every creep wave. There's a countless amount of waveclearing spells I could compare it to; Rake, Defile, Mord's shit that all shields himself... Glacial Storm's a great spell but it's not exactly braindead like what stomps pubs for you!!

I'm back in Gold after being shamelessly carried on my last game. ggwp

Had a clairvoyance/revive mid teemo in one of my promo matches. We lost.

Now time to avoid ranked as much as possible

I'll probably need a new main role or smth now that snowballing as adc is more difficult. Also probably something more faceroll with the ever increasing east coast lagspikes and stuff.

Also random semi irrelevant discovery: the triggering autoattack on Skarner's passive is converted entirely into magic dmg, including sheen procs. Also still procs lifesteal.

And pls permaban rengar.
u gotta adc when we duo or im gonna cry

Support has and always will be a thankless job because most of the ways support carries are more subtle than getting lots of kills (which would get you yelled at for ksing unless they were solo kills). I think 'not getting yelled at' is a good standard for an amicable League game. Although in premades you'd expect a bit more friendliness.

Be satisfied with your own play though
I've been seeing a lot more praise for good support work lately, and a lot less "ks bullshit" by teammates. In fact ever since post-preseason 4 I don't think I've been yelled at for kill stealing at all .-. in ranked at least. (plus ppl have started noticing the utility/dmg/etc. zyra + lulu + nami + leona bring since it's much more noticable than the popular supports. People tend to look more at the hooks/zenith blades/ults that get missed more than the ones that are hit, but when you've got spammable high cc aoe skills like Aqua Prison/Glitterlance/Grasping Roots that also do quite a bit of dmg people notice a lot more good things happening, ergo more praise)

Last edited:

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I may need the assistance of someone to help me through the rest of Silver. Just easier and a little more comfortable to at least know 1/4 other people.

On a side note - I'm suddenly digging Gragas Jungle. It's cool because he's kind of got the Jarvan thing going on for me - build damage when ahead, build tanky when behind. Pretty lol when all you have is Ancient Golem / Randuins / Visage / Sorc Treads / Void / Liandry's and can easily get 1st-3rd in most damage to champions. Ult still does a fuckton too.

Oh and obviously ~4.2K health with my rune setup. That shit's retarded.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)