The World Cup of Pokémon IX - Round 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

McMeghan

Dreamcatcher
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the 5th Smogon Classic Winneris the Smogon Tour Season 14 Championis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Big Chungus Winner
Got lucked out, just like almost all my teammates today.

Today was a good reminder that competitive Pokemon hax strikes at the worst moment and that a good amount of people here are a bunch of clueless pricks.

Yes, I'm salty, there will be no need to point it out, I'll just publicly vent for once. I hope we sorta get a tie, if not, this tournament was one of the most enjoyable one that I've played in a while and je vous apprécie tous sincèrement mes ptites grenouilles, merci.

posting to say that if France doesn't make the top 8 I will be extremely upset because even tho my team just got a win everyone knows France deserves to make
It. Viva la French, go get em boys

M Dragon

The north wind
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 17 Championis a defending World Cup of Pokemon Championis a Past SPL Champion
World Defender
Ok, about unplayed games:
As I said in an earlier post, a 13-11 is better than a 12-0.

In the case of 2 teams having the same number of wins, for example 12-12 vs 12-11, it is considered a tie.
Therefore, we check points to break the tie, or a tie break game is played if the teams are battling for a spot in POs.

When calculating points, a player that hasnt completed all his games, will get the min possible points he can get.
That means that:
0 wins (0-0, 0-1 or 0-2) = 0 points
1 win (1-0 or 1-1) = 1 point
2 wins (2-0) = 4 points

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)