Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers (Read the OP First!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
for Excadrill, Iron Head (Kills fairies, flinch chance, STAB), Earthquake (Mandatory stab), Rapid Spin for SR, and Rock Slide.
Usually Air Balloon, 252 in Speed and Attack, and Adamant/Jolly.

lab report ᐛ
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
sjclax228

More than anything else, lum berry dnite likes a) partners that can lure in pokemon for it to set up on and b) pokemon that can open up a sweep for it. One example of the latter is Magnezone. Thanks to Magnet Pull, Magnezone can trap opposing Steel-types to clear the way for a Dragonite sweep later in the game. In a similar vein, a wallbreaker such as Mega Charizard Y can put massive dents into the likes of Skarmory, Mandibuzz, Quagsire etc. As you mentioned, defog/rapid spin support is pretty crucial. One of the main reasons you'll want to be using ddance nite over other sweepers is Multiscale, and you need to capitalize on it. Excadrill is excellent for Rapid Spin support and the set in the analysis is probably a good place to look. Similarly, a Defog user like Zapdos could also work (there are many defog users available in ou, so find the most appropriate for your team).

excadrill analysis (rapid spin set or potentially choice scarf)
magnezone analysis

Does anyone have any idea for a quick fix to this rain team? An electric weakness and lack of stealth rock holds it back.

Politoed @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Hypnosis
- Encore
Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
IVs: 30 Spe
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Roost
- Defog
Kabutops @ Mystic Water
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance
Raikou @ Assault Vest
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunder
- Volt Switch
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Ice]
Tornadus-Therian (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Hurricane
- Knock Off
- Taunt
- U-turn
Kingdra @ Choice Specs
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 228 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Draco Meteor
- Ice Beam

Does anyone have any idea for a quick fix to this rain team? An electric weakness and lack of stealth rock holds it back.

Politoed @ Damp Rock
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Hypnosis
- Encore
Scizor @ Scizorite
Impish Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Roost
- Defog
Kabutops @ Mystic Water
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance
Raikou @ Assault Vest
Timid Nature
- Thunder
- Volt Switch
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Ice]
Naive Nature
- Hurricane
- Knock Off
- Taunt
- U-turn
Kingdra @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Draco Meteor
- Ice Beam
It may help to swap Tornadus-Therian for Ludicolo. While Tornadus-T is definitely a boss, it would reduce the number of Mons weak to Electric on your team.

CyclicCompound

is a bicycle person thing
is a Contributor Alumnus

Politoed @ Damp Rock
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Hypnosis
- Encore
Scizor @ Scizorite
Impish Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Roost
- Defog
Kabutops @ Mystic Water
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance
Raikou @ Assault Vest
Timid Nature
- Thunder
- Volt Switch
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Ice]
Naive Nature
- Hurricane
- Knock Off
- Taunt
- U-turn
Kingdra @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Draco Meteor
- Ice Beam
Mamoswine is great on Rain teams, as is Deoxys-S (rain lead). Both carry Stealth Rock and Mamoswine is a great Electric-type counter that beats both Mega Manectric and most Thudurus. Seismitoad is a viable swift swim sweeper if you're looking for that too.

MilkyWay01 , one thing that i think about your team is that it relies too much on rain and even then you only have one inducer. So, i think you should try Tornadus-I > torn-t as it can provide with prankster rain as well as keeping the fire-power of stab hurricane. You can use deo-s as cycliccompound said, but it is prolly gonna be banned soon.

I know Deo-S is going to be ban, but I still want to ask you this : I understand why the Hazard lead should run HP+Def, because speed is useless (already outspeed the entire metagame), however why isn't the Dual screener the same ? Why should we run 252 Speed on a dual screener while the aim is to set up both sreens and SR ?
No answer ?

CyclicCompound

is a Contributor Alumnus
I know Deo-S is going to be ban, but I still want to ask you this : I understand why the Hazard lead should run HP+Def, because speed is useless (already outspeed the entire metagame), however why isn't the Dual screener the same ? Why should we run 252 Speed on a dual screener while the aim is to set up both sreens and SR ?
The reason is that you want to be able to set up screens as fast as possible. Due to the nature of Dual Screens it won't always be used as a lead - it may be needed later down the road to stop a setup sweeper or better handle a scarfed threat. In those cases it's important to be as fast as possible so that screens can be up safely against faster attackers.

What happens when an Imposter Ditto switches in on a Zoroark behind Illusion? Does Ditto transform into the Illusion Poke or Zoroark?

I'm guessing Ditto transforms into Zoroark since Illusion is an aesthetic change but I would like to know for sure and don't have the resources to test it out myself. Thanks!

What happens when an Imposter Ditto switches in on a Zoroark behind Illusion? Does Ditto transform into the Illusion Poke or Zoroark?

I'm guessing Ditto transforms into Zoroark since Illusion is an aesthetic change but I would like to know for sure and don't have the resources to test it out myself. Thanks!
IIRC Imposter fails if you have an Imposter on the field. Or a Sub. I think it's a way to counter Imposter Chansey in Balanced Hackmons, but I'm not totally sure. :/
Edit:
Bulbapedia said:
Imposter will not activate if the opponent is transformed, disguised, or behind a substitute.
Hey, I was right!

Last edited:
Quick question. I've been seeing a lot of Scizor with Light Metal instead of Technician and was wondering what advantage this offers? I always thought LM was a silly ability that didn't have much use. Must be out of the loop...

Quick question. I've been seeing a lot of Scizor with Light Metal instead of Technician and was wondering what advantage this offers? I always thought LM was a silly ability that didn't have much use. Must be out of the loop...
Where on the ladder are you seeing this? The buff to Bullet Punch and Pursuit are considered to be vastly superior since very few Mons used weigh-based attacks, and Scizor resists all of them other than Heat Crash.

Technician is useless on scizor holding scizorite since you always mega evolve, while Light Metal is at least useful for taking less damage from the incredibly rare low kick.

Where on the ladder are you seeing this? The buff to Bullet Punch and Pursuit are considered to be vastly superior since very few Mons used weigh-based attacks, and Scizor resists all of them other than Heat Crash.
*I keep seeing it listed on move sets, such as in the good core v2 thread.
Technician is useless on scizor holding scizorite since you always mega evolve, while Light Metal is at least useful for taking less damage from the incredibly rare low kick.
thanks

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
Light metal on Scizor before it M-Evolves is also for the rare situation of anything with Trace taking advantage of technician such as say M-Alakazam with HP Fire for example.

Hello Guys (It's been a long time from my last post :P)

I'm working on a in-game team based on Mega Ampharos:

Ampharos @ Ampharosite
Ability: Static
Calm Nature
- Volt Switch
- Dragon Pulse
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Flamethrower
- Moonlight
- Calm Mind

Quagsire @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Relaxed Nature
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Recover
- Toxic

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 164 Def / 92 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Protect
- Leech Seed
- Stealth Rock
What could be other 2 good teammates?

PS: I don't have PokeBank, so I can't use pkm with specific moves (like BW tutors)

Pyritie

TAMAGO
is an Artist
Hello Guys (It's been a long time from my last post :P)

I'm working on a in-game team based on Mega Ampharos:

What could be other 2 good teammates?

PS: I don't have PokeBank, so I can't use pkm with specific moves (like BW tutors)
You've got an awful lot of bulk on that team but not much offensive presence. Have you tried Agility m-amp? It's a great cleaner, still has good bulk, and is difficult to stop if your opponent's team is worn down

Agility is an egg move though

You've got an awful lot of bulk on that team but not much offensive presence. Have you tried Agility m-amp? It's a great cleaner, still has good bulk, and is difficult to stop if your opponent's team is worn down

Agility is an egg move though
A bulky team was my goal ;) but you're right, it needs more offensive; btw I don't have problem with breeding

is there any one type that has decent coverage with psychic? looking for something for an espeon set. edit: its HP type is dark :\ but i can rebreed if i have to

is there any one type that has decent coverage with psychic? looking for something for an espeon set. edit: its HP type is dark :\ but i can rebreed if i have to
Fighting, it can hit Dark types. But the only Fighting move Espeon learns is HP Fighting :/
You could always go Fairy with Dazzling Gleam, but you'll be walled by Steels, thus the Fighting.

CyclicCompound

is a Contributor Alumnus
Espeon probably shouldn't even be running an coverage move. Dual Screens + Baton Pass + Yawn OR Psychic is usually all it needs.

If you're trying to run an offensive set, however, you'll probably want Psyshock + Dazzling Gleam + Shadow Ball + Hidden Power Fire. But keep in mind it's extremely outclassed by other Psychic-types offensively.

Fighting, it can hit Dark types. But the only Fighting move Espeon learns is HP Fighting :/
You could always go Fairy with Dazzling Gleam, but you'll be walled by Steels, thus the Fighting.
i considered fighting, but i didn't want to be walled by psychics. but i think the only psychic that resists psychic/fighting that i'd have to worry about is gardevoir? but i don't want to try and redo so many IVs. i guess i'll hunt one down in a trade ._.

any other ideas?

Espeon probably shouldn't even be running an coverage move. Dual Screens + Baton Pass + Yawn OR Psychic is usually all it needs.

If you're trying to run an offensive set, however, you'll probably want Psyshock + Dazzling Gleam + Shadow Ball + Hidden Power Fire. But keep in mind it's extremely outclassed by other Psychic-types offensively.
the set i'm using is calm mind + wish + stored power + [coverage] @ kee berry, because someone kicked my ass with it one time on showdown and it looks like fun. i forget what their last move was though. i don't want to get walled by darks, but i guess yawn could work. i've also considered protect, but that doesn't solve the dark problem at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)