Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

I'm new to rng & wondering if anyone can help me hit a seed & delay.

I'm saved in the forced Palkia battle playing Pearl on my 3DS. I finally managed to get consistent calibration SRing at 623 & 15secs. Then I try to hit a delay of 2073 and end up with a 673.......half the time Palkia won't even return an initial seed in rng reporter (no reasonable initial seed error). The 7-8 seconds start up pretty much forced SRing for me during calibration.

Any advice?
Thanks

It's kinda irrelevant, because thanks to the roaming glitch present in FRLG and RS (not emerald) the max IVs a roamer can have is 31/7/0/0/0/0 iirc.
Hey y'all! I have a question~

What is the timing when Suicune/Raikou/Entai in FRLG is generated?
(I know that Roamers like Latios/Latias is generated when you choose the color in front of the television, so what is the homologous timing for roamers in FRLG?)

By the way, is the PID of the roamer generated by method 1?

Thanks in advance! ^^
It isn't capped to those IV's unless you save and reload the game. I'm pretty sure the error is in the game's method of storage, and not generation. So therefore for all intensive perposes it's do-able, since it's next to impossible to RNG FRLG on a cart anyway, you are forced to use an emulator, and you can get through the game without physically saving easily.

This is as far as I know of course. I could be wrong.

lats

formerly lockiegengar12
It isn't capped to those IV's unless you save and reload the game. I'm pretty sure the error is in the game's method of storage, and not generation. So therefore for all intensive perposes it's do-able, since it's next to impossible to RNG FRLG on a cart anyway, you are forced to use an emulator, and you can get through the game without physically saving easily.

This is as far as I know of course. I could be wrong.
I looked it up, the only way you could find to fix it as far as I could tell was manually tampering with the code :/
Even the smogon thread right here confirms it's impossible

Is it easier to RNG on a dead battery retail emerald version or on emulator? and do you need to rng your sid first to get anything decent?

Is it easier to RNG on a dead battery retail emerald version or on emulator? and do you need to rng your sid first to get anything decent?
Emulator is better. On emerald your initial frame when you first start the game for the first time is generated at the same time as your TID, and actually happens to be your TID in hex. Once you save and re-load, your starting frame always starts at 0 (The dead batter has no effect on how emeralds PRNG works). This includes with a dead battery. On an emulator, you never have to hard save the game, you can use save states to keep your starting frame.

The issue with not using an emulator is you have to wait 100's of millions of frames before you can get any decent spreads from seed 0, which takes real life months, and if you miss it you have to start again.

Like really, you have to settle for spreads like xx/28/xx/xx//xx/20 and shit like this.

About the SID, the answer is yes and no.

If you want shinys, yes.

If you don't want shinys, no.

Last edited:

lats

formerly lockiegengar12
read teh second post on that thread xD

Edit: Hold on, maybe you're right. Did anyone test not saving/reloading?
I'm pretty sure that wouldn't work when people turn to methods like this :P (which is modifying the games code and would probably count as hacking)

I'm pretty sure that wouldn't work when people turn to methods like this :P (which is modifying the games code and would probably count as hacking)
Not that it matters really anyway, as the lati's are stationary in 3 games across gen 3, 4 and 5 and the dogs can be RNGed in HGSS.
I'm not even sure if they miss any move tutor moves from gen 3.

Emulator is better. On emerald your initial frame when you first start the game for the first time is generated at the same time as your TID, and actually happens to be your TID in hex. Once you save and re-load, your starting frame always starts at 0 (The dead batter has no effect on how emeralds PRNG works). This includes with a dead battery. On an emulator, you never have to hard save the game, you can use save states to keep your starting frame.

The issue with this is you have to wait 100's of millions of frames before you can get any decent spreads from seed 0, which takes real life months, and if you miss it you have to start again.

Like really, you have to settle for spreads like xx/28/xx/xx//xx/20 and shit like this.

About the SID, the answer is yes and no.

If you want shinys, yes.

If you don't want shinys, no.
OK, so is possible to RNG your sid straight away for things like shiny legends? and can these pokes be used in Nintendo comps? also is it possible to start the game on one computer and finish it on another without restarting the file? (weird question I know)

I've never really dealt with emulators before so I'm not really sure how this stuff works.

OK, so is possible to RNG your sid straight away for things like shiny legends?.
Yes
can these pokes be used in Nintendo comps?
Yes. Edit: If they aren't required to be KB obviously.
also is it possible to start the game on one computer and finish it on another without restarting the file? (weird question I know)
Yes
I've never really dealt with emulators before so I'm not really sure how this stuff works.
The starting on Emerald is a bad idea to be honest. How much do you know about RNGing in general?

Yes

Yes

Yes

The starting on Emerald is a bad idea to be honest. How much do you know about RNGing in general?
I can RNG in both gen 4/5. I've successfully RNGed my tid sid in HG and successfull caught a shiny flawless Kyogre this way. I'm more experienced with gen 5 though having pretty much RNGed everything except dream radar stuff. That's on my to-do-list.

Last edited:

Xen

is a Community Leaderis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Wi-Fi Leader
Does anyone know when the roaming Lati@s's PID is set in R/S? Is it set after the TV text mentioning the color of the dragon, like in Emerald, or is it set right after the newsflash finishes (assuming the latter?)

And before anyone brings it up, yes I know about the roamer IV glitch. I'm RNGing a shiny 0/0/0/0/0/0 Latios for shits and giggles.

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
Does anyone know when the roaming Lati@s's PID is set in R/S? Is it set after the TV text mentioning the color of the dragon, like in Emerald, or is it set right after the newsflash finishes (assuming the latter?)

And before anyone brings it up, yes I know about the roamer IV glitch. I'm RNGing a shiny 0/0/0/0/0/0 Latios for shits and giggles.
Right when you press A at the last text box IIRC.

shiny finder

forever searching
is a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Chatot Wrangler
What are all the possible natures for Hex-Flawless spreads in Gen 3/4? I know that Modest is possible, but Naive is not.

Thanks.
Taken from the op here

Only 4 natures are possible for 31/31/31/31/31/31 Pokemon caught in generations 3 & 4 (exceptions below). These natures are calm, docile, modest, and timid.
  • Wild Pokemon with variable genders (including Heatran) caught in Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum have 7 possible natures for 31/31/31/31/31/31. These are calm, docile, hasty, modest, quirky, sassy, and timid. Wild Pokemon with variable genders caught in Heart Gold and Soul Silver have 6 possible natures for 31/31/31/31/31/31. These are calm, docile, modest, quiet, sassy, and timid.
  • The Shiny Gyarados that appears in the Lake of Rage in Heart Gold and Soul Silver can have any IV/nature combination.
  • Shinies obtained through the Pokeradar in Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum can have any IV/nature combination, but it still requires ID abuse, and is considered one of the most difficult types of Generation 4 abuse. In most cases, unless it's someone who's proven themselves capable of doing such an abuse, it's pretty safe to assume it's a hack.
  • Wild Pokemon (excluding Legendaries) from Ruby, Sapphire, Fire Red, Leaf Green, and Emerald have 9 possible natures for 31/31/31/31/31/31. These are calm, careful, docile, hardy, lax, modest, naive, rash, and timid.

I'm trying to capture a Skarmory on Route 45 in SS with seed 4E1003B2, but a Graveler keeps appearing instead. Everything seems in order, the delay and the frames are fine, the Elm responses are as predicted. I would have captured the Graveler to check the IV spread if it didn't keep Selfdestructing. I've used both 9 and 11 as the encounter slots (with the given seed being slot 9). Is it possible that this is not the correct slot?

Another thing is I can't download EonTimer from the link given on Smogon (https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/18231634/Central/Index.html) because of Error 509 (too much traffic). Does anyone else have the same problem? Is there an alternative download available?

If I am trying to hit a seed for an adamant nincada, and I always keep getting the seed I want, but for a Poochyena. If I keep trying to hit that seed will it happen for a nincada eventually or will it keep being for Poochyena?

Rng for emerald btw.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 9)