Big Lord of the Rings Mafia - Game Over! Forces of Sauron Win!

I interpreted it as "Vote Ullar, but i'm ok with lynching literally anyone else."

We'd also need to be wary of the Soldier of Gondor and Rohirrim powers if we tried to make a tie lynch.

Yeah I wasn't too worried about Agape's vote, it made sense if only as a joke/testing the waters type thing, I was more worried about Gottemer's follow-up. I doubt mafia would have a mayor in a semi-NOC game with a large amount of semi-vanillas, but I suppose with the Soldiers of Gondor acting as a collective +1 it's theoretically possible. Speaking of that +1, now that I've realized that the Soldiers get that +1 for having over half of them vote, and not for having all of them vote, the tie lynch plan is looking a bit iffier. Rohirrim shouldn't be as much of an issue; since they all need to vote for the same target we only need one of them to not vote. But yeah, hard to say what to do with the Soldiers if we want to tie a lynch; either we stack the numbers assuming their +1 is on one of the sides and hope enough of them vote, or we assume the +1 isn't in play and tell all of the Soldiers not to vote. Thoughts?

Can we not make a big deal out of Gottemer's follow-up vote pls, it's very common for beginners to do that whether they're mafia or villager

It doesn't indicate whatsoever what faction gottemer is on

Ullar

card-carrying wife-guy
is a Smogon Discord Contributor
Yawn. Good morning folks!

Flounder no longer! Last night, I discovered a prime lynch target, and I believe we should Lynch THE_IRON_KENYAN. Here's why!

Now, notice that he claimed to know of all the other Rohirrim. This directly goes against the idea of the game, that the village is an uninformed majority!

Furthermore, in a later conversation, I tried to verify the veracity of his claims - whihc is to say, I put some names to him. Some were Rohirrim, some weren't. He said they were all false.

Naturally, my alarm bells blazed. Now, I'll tell you what I think TIK is right now. Note that, where possible, it could be a combination.
  1. High
  2. Confused
  3. A neutral who has knowledge of all the Rohirrim and moles them to high heaven
  4. A Sauronite who has knowledge of all the Rohirrim and moles them to high heaven
I rest my case. Bandwagon away!

Ullar

card-carrying wife-guy
Oh, and for all the doubters...

Dear UllarWarlord, you are Bilbo Baggins.

You are the oldest Hobbit in the Shire, and one of the wisest. While your adventuring days are over, the other Hobbits are just getting started. You will help them with whatever advice you can part with.

As one of the richest Hobbits, as well as the only one in Rivendell, your vote carries a lot of influence. Your vote in the lynch thread will count as double.

Should all of the remaining Hobbits vote with you in the lynch, you will become more spirited. With their support, your vote will count as triple.

You are allied with Middle Earth. You win if all threats are eliminated.

If Ullar is mafia then the information gained from that log is that we clearly should let vonFiedler lead because apparently he's both hosting this game and playing in it.

If Ullar is village then tik is horrible at moling and/or trolling.

In both scenarios, a self-appointed village organizer just publicized a member of the mason vigilante group for the mafia to kill. Seems legit.

Also, my vote on Ullar is no longer a joke. You really should step down trying lead and instead help to scumhunt in ways that do not reveal any info to the mafia that they can verify themselves.

THE_IRON_...KENYAN?

Banned deucer.
Yawn. Good morning folks!

Flounder no longer! Last night, I discovered a prime lynch target, and I believe we should Lynch THE_IRON_KENYAN. Here's why!

Now, notice that he claimed to know of all the other Rohirrim. This directly goes against the idea of the game, that the village is an uninformed majority!

Taking the game OP too literally. Weaksauce argument

Furthermore, in a later conversation, I tried to verify the veracity of his claims - whihc is to say, I put some names to him. Some were Rohirrim, some weren't. He said they were all false.

Naturally, my alarm bells blazed. Now, I'll tell you what I think TIK is right now. Note that, where possible, it could be a combination.
  1. High
  2. Confused
  3. A neutral who has knowledge of all the Rohirrim and moles them to high heaven
  4. A Sauronite who has knowledge of all the Rohirrim and moles them to high heaven
What about this option: I only know some of the other rohirrim, and it turns out there are more of them or this other option:

You are lying and there are no other rohirrim besides the rohirrim I know

I rest my case. Bandwagon away!

I dont want to vote you right now Ullar because I think you are the real deal, just misguided in your thought

THE_IRON_...KENYAN?

Banned deucer.
My intuition says that because this is a gigantic fucking NOC day with 43 players there is a much easier way to get lynches than the traditional scum hunting (although it could and will prove to be valuable) because it just seems like bad game design to make a game where you have to scumhunt with 43 people on the first day, so Im gonna hold back for now until i see more

agape i don't completely understand, if tik is in fact lying then he hasn't exposed a member of the rohirrim at all unless i've missed something?

i'm all for tying up the lynch if we can sort out the logistics of it. really it shouldn't be that difficult because hopefully enough soldiers of gondor should realise that they shouldn't vote because it would mess with our plans but i guess it would be nice to have a little more control than that. this doesn't really clean ullar either since i guess mafia mayor is possible but i don't really think it's that likely?

zorbees

Chwa for no reason!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
unvote
vote THE_IRON_KENYAN

I don't really think the Rohirrim would know each other based on the OP.

I'm willing to change this if something better comes up, but so far the only alternative I like is testing Ullar's mayor claim, and frankly, I think I'd rather lynch TIK.

zorbees

Chwa for no reason!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Double posting because I forgot something:

If the Rohirrim really are masons, why didn't any of them step up to lead? Mason is basically the best role for leading.

Ullar

card-carrying wife-guy
C'mon, Agape. I know you're brighter than this. None of the info TIK was feeding me was true, so how is it revealing anything?

It should be obvious from the OP that the Rohirrim are unorganized, b/c if they weren't, the mafia would be beyond fucked from day 1. Which I'm sure Sam doesn't want.

I'm appealing to common sense now. And if I'm wrong, I want whatever shit TIK was on.

If a brave member of the Rohirrim would like to step up and say whether or not they know who the other people in their group are that would be great!

TIK's lack of reasoning against what ullar has said makes me sway mafia on him.

Also, what zorbees said.

Unvote
Vote TIK

TIK dun goofed

I hunch that the Rohirrim just might be masons. My point against Ullar is that he was too eager to bring up this info, as the mafia automatically know whether tik is mafia or not. If tik is not mafia, the mafia will kill him next night.

However, lynching TIK today is a good plan because (if it's a mislynch) it makes the mafia randtarget next night instead of going for a neatly exposed target and cools down ullar a little. Also, if TIK is a mislynch and Ullar still insists on leading, we should lynch him tomorrow if only for the sake of cauterization.

Vote TIK unvoted

Besides, Ullar is actually trying while TIK just handwaved away Ullar's (though hasty) accusation.

Last edited:

THE_IRON_...KENYAN?

Banned deucer.
Double posting because I forgot something:

If the Rohirrim really are masons, why didn't any of them step up to lead? Mason is basically the best role for leading.
Im gonna guess because every villager or most in this game is most likely part of a mason group. Which I think is the only way to justify making a 43 man NOC day game, make many into one by making them part of a group. Its just really obvious at this point

Also because its a vigilante power, and the other rohirrim probably dont want to step up unless they really have to.

I revealed myself to Ullar because I thought he was the real deal, or rather a real enough deal to reveal myself to to have a little fun. Ive spent too much time in past games idling because i was a stupid villager so I decided to throw some caution to the wind and play.

If I had to bet, I'd say that Im gonna get lynched today. But that's not all bad, considering it would reveal a lot of info. But we could get even more info by not wasting the day and using it for other things wed like to talk about. This game is clearly played in the Day for the most part, given the roles, so we shouldnt rush through it.

I "handwaved" away ullars accusations because unlike my other badged companions in Inside Scoop, I dont think saying more = thorough, quality, etc

Out of all the villagers in the game, I'd want the rohirrim to have their members depleted (but not completely rid of) first. They need all members to vote for a specific person in order to kill them, and with less numbers that becomes easier.

I doubt there are vanillas in this game due to the relatively simple roles of the rohirrim and soldiers, that act as the vanilla roles in mafia (but still have a purpose!)

Another rohirrim claiming would save your skin if you are, indeed, villager TIK, so your reluctance makes me more suspicious of you!

THE_IRON_...KENYAN?

Banned deucer.
Lynch THE_IRON_KENYAN

no way the riders of rohirrim all know each other, it would be ridiculously easy for them to guarantee a vig every other lynch
Not as easy as youd think. Youd have to find out a way to organize the rohirrim vig votes without potentially revealing them in the process, and even then you might end up with a situation where you tried to kill someone with the rohirrim votes and then failed, narrowing down the people it could be without even doing what you wanted. The role is definitely deceptive, there are problems with using it and disadvantages. Definitely not as good as youd thing, and definitely understandable why there could be other rohirrim I dont know about. Either that or Ullar is lying about saying he knows other rohirrim, or getting lied to by people saying they are rohirrim but arent

THE_IRON_...KENYAN?

Banned deucer.
Out of all the villagers in the game, I'd want the rohirrim to have their members depleted (but not completely rid of) first. They need all members to vote for a specific person in order to kill them, and with less numbers that becomes easier.

I doubt there are vanillas in this game due to the relatively simple roles of the rohirrim and soldiers, that act as the vanilla roles in mafia (but still have a purpose!)

Another rohirrim claiming would save your skin if you are, indeed, villager TIK, so your reluctance makes me more suspicious of you!
I dont get this. If we had more of them around, wed have more safety because it means that one could be picked off and wouldnt be as damaging if there were one less and another were picked off.

This is just day 1 after all. Theres nothing wrong with leaving me until tomorrow to be lynched if thats the case, and everything to gain. But there is a lot to lose with lynching me today and being wrong

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)