Simple Questions/Requests - Mark 40 (Minor Pokemon Trades, Item Requests etc GO HERE) (NO HACKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw that when you are using defog the enrry hazard that you planted at the enemy are vanish to, its very bad i guess, so if i run a team with a poke that is use for plant entry hazard i should run rapid spinner and not defog? Who are the spinners of the OU metagame except Excadrill?

Last edited:
I saw that when tou are using defog the enrry hazard that you plant at the enemy are vanish to, its very bad i guess, so if i run a team with a poke that is use for plant entry hazard i should run rapid spinner and not defog? Who are the spinners of the OU mettagame?
Defog is not bad per say, you'll just have to restack your own hazards afterwards if you still want/need them to ensure a safer victory. If you've stacked or plan to stack multiple layers of Spikes or Toxic Spikes though or just carry it, Rapid Spin may be the better option for you. The only valid spinner in the XY OU metagame is Excadrill though, far more limited options than Defog, as it isn't hard stopped by Aegislash which runs rampant throughout the tier as the premier spin-blocker (in addition to its other perks). 'Drill can threaten Aegislash with a 2HKO even if Aegi is (on the off chance) fully defensive:

252+ Atk Mold Breaker Excadrill Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Aegislash-Shield: 260-308 (80.2 - 95%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ Atk Mold Breaker Excadrill Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Aegislash-Shield: 218-260 (67.2 - 80.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

If you get a free switch in to Aegislash, you should be able to kill it or at least get the spin off after Aegi is pulled out.

Be wary though, the standard Aegislash can also 2HKO 'Drill back.

4 Atk Aegislash-Blade Sacred Sword vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Excadrill: 280-330 (77.3 - 91.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Fully offensive Aegislash, 'Drill will 50/50 not live. But that's more an SD variation which a smart opponent would probably not leave in as it's not meant to tank hits, it's a set-up 'mon.

252 Atk Aegislash-Blade Sacred Sword vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Excadrill: 330-390 (91.1 - 107.7%) -- 50% chance to OHKO

Last edited:
Defog is not bad per say, you'll just have to restack your own hazards afterwards if you still want/need them to ensure a safer victory. If you've stacked or plan to stack multiple layers of Spikes or Toxic Spikes though or just carry it, Rapid Spin may be the better option for you. The only valid spinner in the XY OU metagame is Excadrill though, far more limited options than Defog, as it isn't hard stopped by Aegislash which runs rampant throughout the tier as the premier spin-blocker (in addition to its other perks). 'Drill can threaten Aegislash with a 2HKO even if Aegi is (on the off chance) fully defensive:

252+ Atk Mold Breaker Excadrill Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Aegislash-Shield: 260-308 (80.2 - 95%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ Atk Mold Breaker Excadrill Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Aegislash-Shield: 218-260 (67.2 - 80.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

If you get a free switch in to Aegislash, you should be able to kill it or at least get the spin off after Aegi is pulled out.

Be wary though, the standard Aegislash can also 2HKO 'Drill back.

4 Atk Aegislash-Blade Sacred Sword vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Excadrill: 280-330 (77.3 - 91.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Fully offensive Aegislash, 'Drill will 50/50 not live. But that's more an SD variation which a smart opponent would probably not leave in as it's not meant to tank hits, it's a set-up 'mon.

252 Atk Aegislash-Blade Sacred Sword vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Excadrill: 330-390 (91.1 - 107.7%) -- 50% chance to OHKO
Yea but like i planted witg my therain landerus sr and than i used defog and the oppenet charizard cane in with no hurt from the sr so it was bad.
I guess i should stick to excadrill or maybe mega blastoise?

LF: Shiny Furret and Shiny Luxray. Please PM me if you have either!

(also a female Luxray with Guts, Adamant Natured doesn't have to be shiny but with good IVs for breeding! please please please;)

LF: Shiny Furret and Shiny Luxray. Please PM me if you have either!

(also a female Luxray with Guts, Adamant Natured doesn't have to be shiny but with good IVs for breeding! please please please;)
I can get you the female but not no, you need to be special attack or physical?

Yea but like i planted witg my therain landerus sr and than i used defog and the oppenet charizard cane in with no hurt from the sr so it was bad.
I guess i should stick to excadrill or maybe mega blastoise?
What were you using as your Defogger? As other than loosing rocks, was it less effective at it's job than say another Spinner/Defoger could possibly be? Could it handle Aegislash? All questions you need to ask when choosing your Spinner/Defogger, yet it also should try and have good synergy with the rest of your team.

This also might be more something for Competitive SQSA, but a I'll answer anyway as it's relevant to breeding an in-game spinner. Excadrill is slightly less viable in-game without access to its beloved Steel STAB (Iron Head). So the best Excadrill in-game would likely have to be RNG'd on BW BW2 and transfered over, which there are plently of people here who are in the know on how to do that.

On the simulator, your choice is up to personal preference. Mega Blastoise takes up a Mega Slot which you'd need to think about if you were willing to give that up. Offensively, Mega-Blastoise doesn't outdamage 'Drill in taking down Aegislash:

252+ SpA Mega Launcher Mega Blastoise Dark Pulse vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Aegislash-Shield: 208-246 (64.1 - 75.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

M-Blastoise however, will live one more hit from Aegislash than 'Drill would.

252+ SpA Aegislash-Blade Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Mega Blastoise: 142-168 (39.2 - 46.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

It can more safely come in to Aegislash without the need off a free switch. Aegislash and M-Blastoise both would be coming down to 2HKOing each other but that last hit, Aegislash could pick of M-Blastoise with Shadow Sneak. So defensively, the two aren't much better than one another for countering Aegislash. Both 2HKO it, get pretty much 2/3HKO or 2HKO + SS and will both outspeed any Aegislash set than isn't a set-up Automatize one. They'll both force the neccesary switches for a spin or pick off Aegislash, but it comes down to a matter of:

1. Which is better suited to your team?
Excadrill is more viable in the OU metagame for its viability outside of spinning. It can pick off Rotom-W, abuse Sand Rush, run a Scarf set (though this is less viable if 'Drill's intended job is to spin), where as M-Blastoise has a more limited job. It spins, and really only has one set in OU. In OU, it usually does just that, where as 'Drill can fufill multiple roles and your opponent must think as to what your 'Drill's set really is.

Blastoise, it's an easy guess.

2. Would you give up your Mega Slot for Mega Blastoise?
Pretty self-explanatory.

Valzy

Destroyer of Worlds
is a Contributor Alumnus
The probability of getting at least 3 perfect IVs is 0.05685%. Considering that over 12 million copies of Pokemon X and Y have been sold, it is extremely likely that somebody will get a 3IV Fancy Vivillion

What were you using as your Defogger? As other than loosing rocks, was it less effective at it's job than say another Spinner/Defoger could possibly be? Could it handle Aegislash? All questions you need to ask when choosing your Spinner/Defogger, yet it also should try and have good synergy with the rest of your team.

This also might be more something for Competitive SQSA, but a I'll answer anyway as it's relevant to breeding an in-game spinner. Excadrill is slightly less viable in-game without access to its beloved Steel STAB (Iron Head). So the best Excadrill in-game would likely have to be RNG'd on BW BW2 and transfered over, which there are plently of people here who are in the know on how to do that.

On the simulator, your choice is up to personal preference. Mega Blastoise takes up a Mega Slot which you'd need to think about if you were willing to give that up. Offensively, Mega-Blastoise doesn't outdamage 'Drill in taking down Aegislash:

252+ SpA Mega Launcher Mega Blastoise Dark Pulse vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Aegislash-Shield: 208-246 (64.1 - 75.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

M-Blastoise however, will live one more hit from Aegislash than 'Drill would.

252+ SpA Aegislash-Blade Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Mega Blastoise: 142-168 (39.2 - 46.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

It can more safely come in to Aegislash without the need off a free switch. Aegislash and M-Blastoise both would be coming down to 2HKOing each other but that last hit, Aegislash could pick of M-Blastoise with Shadow Sneak. So defensively, the two aren't much better than one another for countering Aegislash. Both 2HKO it, get pretty much 2/3HKO or 2HKO + SS and will both outspeed any Aegislash set than isn't a set-up Automatize one. They'll both force the neccesary switches for a spin or pick off Aegislash, but it comes down to a matter of:

1. Which is better suited to your team?
Excadrill is more viable in the OU metagame for its viability outside of spinning. It can pick off Rotom-W, abuse Sand Rush, run a Scarf set (though this is less viable if 'Drill's intended job is to spin), where as M-Blastoise has a more limited job. It spins, and really only has one set in OU. In OU, it usually does just that, where as 'Drill can fufill multiple roles and your opponent must think as to what your 'Drill's set really is.

Blastoise, it's an easy guess.

2. Would you give up your Mega Slot for Mega Blastoise?
Pretty self-explanatory.
Wow thanks for the answer! :) you are absolutly right mega blastoise will take my mega slot so it will be less good, i have excadrill with iron head but his defence stat is 28 so i dont really like to use him.
Thanks for helping me out :)

So I've started SRing Fancy Vivillion and I've gotten Hasty, Naive, and Timid; but with 0IV in either Speed, HP, or Special Attack. Why does RNG have to troll so much?

Valzy

Destroyer of Worlds
is a Contributor Alumnus
So I've started SRing Fancy Vivillion and I've gotten Hasty, Naive, and Timid; but with 0IV in either Speed, HP, or Special Attack. Why does RNG have to troll so much?
It's not that hard, after only 8872 resets, you have a 50% chance of getting a Modest or Timid Vivillion with 31 in both Speed and Special Attack. Just keep trying :)

It's not that hard, after only 8872 resets, you have a 50% chance of getting a Modest or Timid Vivillion with 31 in both Speed and Special Attack. Just keep trying :)
"Only"

Although the more people who SR it, the more likely someone is to get a good one. I'll definitely help with that effort later today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)