Gen 6 XY Ubers Teambuilding Compendium

haxiom

God's not dead.
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I noticed that Terrakion is listed as an Ekiller check. If this is true, then Luke should be a check also, since they effectively do the same thing (outspeed under webs/non max speed and KO with CC, while tanking the Extreme Speed). I do feel like both are very circumstantial threats, so I'm not sure. For SR setters, you could have rocks on some mons such as Blissey (despite the awful 4MSS), Terrakion, Lilleep, etc. Ho-Oh could be a Xern check, since it beats it without rocks, which does have precedence in Lugia. I'm not sure how creative you want to get with Kyogre switch-ins tbh, Shedinja is pushing it imo, since then you could have some obscure pokemon that are completely dedicated to checking Kyogre that are crap otherwise. Rotom-H should be a Ho-Oh check. Defensive Ho-Oh is a meh check to Ekiller, since it is 2HKO'd/OHKO'd after rocks, and Ho-Oh can only fish for burns. Mewtwo is such a good defensive mon that it deserves two mentions (unless you were trying to imply that Stalltwo is viable with mega and without?) also Rockceus should be a defensive mon, and Electriceus really shouldn't be because it's almost always CM since it's a bad defensive typing. Tentacruel could rapid spin, albeit mostly obscure. Nice work! I'm sure I missed a ton but whatever.

Isn't Terrakion different than Mega-Luke incase of Ekiller since it can equip choice scarf? Mega-Luke isn't a reliable check because it can't use scarf, and most ekillers are jolly max speed.

Level 56

Faded memories
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis the 6th Grand Slam Winner
Why is mega-blaziken not present in the stall breakers list?

Aerodactyl is a stealth rock user but it's not present in the sr users list.

I noticed that Terrakion is listed as an Ekiller check. If this is true, then Luke should be a check also, since they effectively do the same thing (outspeed under webs/non max speed and KO with CC, while tanking the Extreme Speed). I do feel like both are very circumstantial threats, so I'm not sure. For SR setters, you could have rocks on some mons such as Blissey (despite the awful 4MSS), Terrakion, Lilleep, etc. Ho-Oh could be a Xern check, since it beats it without rocks, which does have precedence in Lugia. I'm not sure how creative you want to get with Kyogre switch-ins tbh, Shedinja is pushing it imo, since then you could have some obscure pokemon that are completely dedicated to checking Kyogre that are crap otherwise. Rotom-H should be a Ho-Oh check. Defensive Ho-Oh is a meh check to Ekiller, since it is 2HKO'd/OHKO'd after rocks, and Ho-Oh can only fish for burns. Mewtwo is such a good defensive mon that it deserves two mentions (unless you were trying to imply that Stalltwo is viable with mega and without?) also Rockceus should be a defensive mon, and Electriceus really shouldn't be because it's almost always CM since it's a bad defensive typing. Tentacruel could rapid spin, albeit mostly obscure. Nice work! I'm sure I missed a ton but whatever.
Lucario is not a check since it loses to Jolly Extremekiller Arceus, Terrakion can run a Choice Scarf, outspeed, and KO with Close Combat. You also contradicted yourself in yout own post, You said it is a Xerneas check without rocks but you also said it is a meh check for Extremekiller since it gets 2HKOd/OHKOd by Extremespeed, doesn't it get KO'd by Thunder after rocks and left with like 10% without them? Ho-Oh can use Whirlwind to avoid hving to rely on Sacred Fire burn. Maybe ZoroDark can help me out discussing Defensive Arceus-Electric, I believe he has some experience with it. Also a pokemon in a certain group won't be discarded just because there is a more common set, If I'd like to do that, I would just remove Xerneas from all categories that aren't "Offensive pokemon". I'll add Tentacruel at the end of the day.

Last edited:
Fixed it for you. And people who don't have SR up suck. Nice quadruple post btw.

1. Sludge Wave is not mandatory as the difference in power from S-Bomb doesn't differ that much. + S-Bomb got higher poisoning chance.
2. Even if you use Sludge Wave it's not guaranteed to OHKO xern.
3. you taunt it because you want to be 100% sure it doesn't get a geomancy or a sneaky Aroma off ( a.ka. bulky xern) which the last one would perhaps benefit your opponent's team so much it can even lead them to victory.
4. And yes people who don't have SR up suck. But what the fuck has that to do with my points lol
5. Thanks for your compliment. It's just my skill of quadruple posting tbh.

252 SpA Mega Gengar Sludge Wave vs. 204 HP / 0 SpD Xerneas: 390-458 (87.8 - 103.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

I think this should answer all your points

meh. Yeah forgot to add SR up. soz about that but yeah mgar can ohko geoxern straight after SR. But I just IN CASE it's always better to Taunt first then Sludge Wave. You never know what sort of impact it will give the rest of the game if your oppponent manages to pull of an aromatherapy.

I still prefer S-Bomb over S-Wave tho. As S-Bomb has a 63% Chance to ohko xern after SR too. Like I said that 30% poisoning chance can be useful. If you manage to get a nice poisoning of the mons which usually switch-in to gengar without fear.. Let's just say it's really appreciated... Anyways this will be my last post as I heard some of the peeps here either don't like my posts or are not satisfied me posting quadruple.. I'll answer your next post(s) in the P.S ubers room

haxiom

God's not dead.
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Edgar said:
Lucario is not a check since it loses to Jolly Extremekiller Arceus, Terrakion can run a Choice Scarf, outspeed, and KO with Close Combat. You also contradicted yourself in yout own post, You said it is a Xerneas check without rocks but you also said it is a meh check for Extremekiller since it gets 2HKOd/OHKOd by Extremespeed, doesn't it get KO'd by Thunder after rocks and left with like 10% without them? Ho-Oh can use Whirlwind to avoid hving to rely on Sacred Fire burn. Maybe ZoroDark can help me out discussing Defensive Arceus-Electric, I believe he has some experience with it. Also a pokemon in a certain group won't be discarded just because there is a more common set, If I'd like to do that, I would just remove Xerneas from all categories that aren't "Offensive pokemon". I'll add Tentacruel at the end of the day.
Fair enough. Didn't think about scarf although the scarf variant is pretty bad this gen. I guess Whirlwind is a possibility, although Ekiller can set up more than once in a match. Defensive Electriceus could happen, but I mean, where do you draw the lines of "more common" and "the only viable set"? Sylveon could run an offensive set, albeit pretty bad. Does it deserve to be an offensive mon since although the defensive set is more common, it is possible to run an offensive set? Of course, that is a gross exaggeration but I feel like there are some inconsistencies as to how far you go (like, Abomasnow can be 2HKO'd by SpecsOgre), but other pokemon that do the same are not listed. I'm not sure if that was clear, but recall that this thread is designed to help new players. I don't feel like Electriceus should be their first defensive mon choice, Abomasnow their first Kyogre check, etc.

Does that make sense?

I don't feel like Electriceus should be their first defensive mon choice, Abomasnow their first Kyogre check, etc.

Does that make sense?
I don't see where it implies said pokemon should be the first?

"This compendium contains basic structures for teams and an array of possible mons for specific roles on teams. Having a visual cue helps people build better and more diverse teams. This will contain pools of viable mons (I will omit the very shitty ones and ones that are completely outclassed but keep even niche ones)."

I know there's an Offensive Sylveon set, it can be added if you want.

ZoroDark

esse quam videri
is a Tiering Contributor
Actually I've never used that set in my life lol, maybe you're confusing me with Monsters of Men who does use the core a lot.

Defensive eleceus is ass, why use the poor defensive typing it has for a fully supportish set when you can still check relevant threats like birds and pose a sweeper threat with CM? If you in the first place see this as your defoger of choice then you are using a poor basis of teambuilding.

Last edited:
I wouldn't switch in my special defensive kyogre against specs kyogre if i were you, i can agree with all the reliable switch in's besides this though.

I wouldn't switch in my special defensive kyogre against specs kyogre if i were you, i can agree with all the reliable switch in's besides this though.
Yeah I wouldn't do the same when talking about Arceus-Water, as for myself, I don't think it should be on the list but there's other people that think it should so w.e

And yeah eleceus is getting removed

Fireburn

BARN ALL
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Remove Alomomola from Defensive Pokemon, it sucks and its analysis was rejected

Also can you please remove Rhyperior its so bad lol

Thanks for posting this Edgar. I've been wanting to try out Ubers for a while but I didn't know what to prepare for, this helps me a lot.

haxiom

God's not dead.
ZoroDark said:
Actually I've never used that set in my life lol, maybe you're confusing me with Monsters of Men who does use the core a lot.
Hack He Must said:
Defensive eleceus is ass, why use the poor defensive typing it has for a fully supportish set when you can still check relevant threats like birds and pose a sweeper threat with CM? If you in the first place see this as your defoger of choice then you are using a poor basis of teambuilding.
Of course thank you people for backing me after I let it go...

Edgar said:
Alomomola's only niche is checking Blaziken with Wish Support, it kinda works but there are other Blaziken checks that do the job better.
Rhyperior is decent actually, but it does little outside of checking Ho-Oh and Krom, while providing meh utility in SR, which a lot of other mons provide anyways.

Of course thank you people for backing me after I let it go...

Alomomola's only niche is checking Blaziken with Wish Support, it kinda works but there are other Blaziken checks that do the job better.
Rhyperior is decent actually, but it does little outside of checking Ho-Oh and Krom, while providing meh utility in SR, which a lot of other mons provide anyways.
That's not entirely true, Alomomola can take hits from Offensive Groudon, Landorus and Ho-Oh as well. I made some calcs and also made a team that proves that Alomomola has a niche of checking a good amount physical attackers. I mean, if you want mons removed because of very specific roles then let's get going with the removal of Aegislash as well since it only checks Xerneas and Toxics like almost every other mon. Those pokemon are on the list because I consider them useful overall, I didn't randomly slap them on the list because I wanted, I made calcs, and tested them on teams before making the compendium. I just want to make that clear.

haxiom

God's not dead.
Edgar said:
That's not entirely true, Alomomola can take hits from Offensive Groudon, Landorus and Ho-Oh as well. I made some calcs and also made a team that proves that Alomomola has a niche of checking a good amount physical attackers. I mean, if you want mons removed because of very specific roles then let's get going with the removal of Aegislash as well since it only checks Xerneas and Toxics like almost every other mon. Those pokemon are on the list because I consider them useful overall, I didn't randomly slap them on the list because I wanted, I made calcs, and tested them on teams before making the compendium. I just want to make that clear.
Alomomola is usable, don't get me wrong, I've used it and it works fairly well. I just feel like the aforementioned mons can be checked by Lando-T or Salamence or something else, while they also check other stuff. Also, Alomomola isn't a great check to offensive Groudon since a +2 EQ 2HKOs and Alomomola doesn't do much with Waterfall which it is forced to run to KO Blaziken. Ofc I could be misunderstanding you completely and you could mean something like EP or LO Groudon. Also standard LO Ho-Oh can 2HKO after rocks. However, I do not deny that you put together the list well and with thought.

Alomomola is usable, don't get me wrong, I've used it and it works fairly well. I just feel like the aforementioned mons can be checked by Lando-T or Salamence or something else, while they also check other stuff. Also, Alomomola isn't a great check to offensive Groudon since a +2 EQ 2HKOs and Alomomola doesn't do much with Waterfall which it is forced to run to KO Blaziken. Ofc I could be misunderstanding you completely and you could mean something like EP or LO Groudon. Also standard LO Ho-Oh can 2HKO after rocks. However, I do not deny that you put together the list well and with thought.
Yes, it gets outclassed by some pokemon but I don't think it's enough reason for not mentioning it

Last edited:
I need to double post but w.e

Added Stuff:

Tentacruel as a Rapid Spinner and Defensive pokemon (Orch's and Haxiom's request)
Arceus-Rock as Defensive pokemon (Me)

Removed Stuff:

Arceus-Electric as a defensive pokemon (Got hit hard by the community)

Last edited:

PISTOLERO

I come to bury Caesar, not to praise him.
Whimsicott, Arceus-Ground and Arceus-Ghost in priority? I'm not sure if that Arceus signifies all Arceus or just Arceus-Normal :)

Extremespeed on non-normal Arceus is just bad. Use Recover or Ice Beam on Arceus-Ground and Shadow Claw on Arceus-Ghost instead.

espeed can be quite useful on groundceus since it is revenge killed by scarf kyogre after all. idk about Ghost tbf you want the sforce+sclaw and bb for coverage so..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)